@other_barry's grow logs and general nonsense

When making my first few grow logs, I wasn’t really sure if I should keep one long thread, or start a new one for each grow. I have gone with the latter, but this is going to be a listing of those threads, which I will just edit as time goes on, and a place to just bs if you feel like it.

chit-chat and tom foolery are strongly encouraged! :slight_smile: :partying_face: :seedling:

Current Grow(s):

Past Grows:

20 Likes

Great idea-

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: Was unsure if I should, or if it was just because I was bored and stoned. lol

Trying to find a new video game atm :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m having beers-

Hey, Lent 2022 has officially ended…

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind…
I am going to pull up a chair and sneak a peak every now and then!

So many great plant choices!

1 Like

You say chit-chat and tomfoolery are encouraged. What about Bru-ha-ha? That’s like tomfoolery on steroids.

3 Likes

Bring it! We are always looking to expand our portfolio.

@Maddawg thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I enjoy mucho banter in my thread too.
All work and no play makes Mike a dull boy.

1 Like

Saw this on reddit the other day, then found it on Amazon. Should be here tomorrow :slight_smile:

Hopefully it makes grinding larger amounts, a little easier

5 Likes

That’s funny. I sometimes use my old space case grinder with the bottom removed, set on top of a wide mouth mason jar.

It fits perfectly over the lip but doesn’t screw on like that one. Nice find!

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool. The only other large grinders I had seen before this one were the large space cases at the head shop, but those were pretty pricey (was also something like 10 years ago)

2 Likes

Yeah my space case is from when I worked at a head shop in 99-01. I can’t say I paid for it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

It got here today. Can’t wait to take it for a spin

10 Likes

I just hit MAC1 Rosin I made with my new dab press. This is nice.

My first try was with some, not so great, bubblegum. It made the parchment wet looking, but that was about it.

Frustrated by a 7g and a 10g attempt (i dont really care about the bubblegum, it was about the L), I loaded 10g of MAC in the pre-press, and that seemed really loose in the bag. So I put it back in the pre-press and added 4g. that was better. Still might have been able to get a little more in there.

I pressed the MAC once, and got 1.6g, but saw there was still some on the bag, and saw a video where they recommended folding it in half and pressing it again. So I did.

I didn’t have it centered very well.

Second time around there was .6g more. Then I noticed another .3g that ran down the side of the press. 2.5g rosin from 14g flower on my first day. Seems like an ok starting place, tho all the cool kids on youtube talk about that 20% mark, so I still have room to improve :slight_smile:

I’m gonna toss that 2.1g in the fridge and tomorrow it will get decarbed and used to make gummies.

9 Likes

Looks like you’re getting it figured out-

Rosin gummies sound delicious…

2 Likes

I’m interested in your homemade press. Mind sharing your setup?

Also that grinder is pretty badass. Good find. :+1:

1 Like

The press isnt homemade. I bought a 4 ton starter from Dabpress.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Gotcha. Sorry, I somehow got the impression you made it. :wink:

1 Like

I am thinking of ways to upgrade it. At the bottom of that link I posted, they have a video where a guy removed the bottle jack and replaced it with a 5 ton electric car jack, that he hooked up a key fab controller to. There are too many custom pieces to that build but I would like something other than this bottle jack, at some point.

5 Likes