OB's First Autos

Oops! They will bounce back. I loose about half to a whole gallon a day depending on how hot it gets.

1 Like

I dialed back the nute calc to 50% from 60% based on your previous question/experience, so I am hoping that helps a little too. New nutes went in at 6.2 ph, and the ppm meter read 1.2 (not sure the unit used in this mode). I also put in half the CalMag, compared to the last feeding

2 Likes

Your meter mode is in EC. Iā€™m trying to switch from PPMs to EC. It can be a little difficult. Thereā€™s 2 different PPM scales 500 & 700. It can get really confusing fast.
What kind of meter do you have?

1 Like

It has both modes, but the EC is what people prefer when helping me out, so that is how I have been testing it. That meter has some mixed reviews, so I may want to look into calibrating it, to make sure its accurate.

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m wrong. TDS is different then EC.
I had a pen that did the trick. I did a few runs with it. It wouldnā€™t stay calibrated. It would get to be a whole 1.0 off on the PH side.
Iā€™m a control freak when it comes to my plants. I jumped off the deep end and got the bluelab combo. The funny thing is you still have to change the PH probe. They cost more then my old one. Lol. So I take VERRY good care of it. He has his own tooth brush :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Out of likes for 10 hours!

3 Likes

Gotta add that to the list, learning the proper way to care for them, and calibrate them. Usually I just run them under the RO tap after I use them.

3 Likes

I did that too. Keep it wet as well. I didnā€™t know that at first. Keep the tip in a jar of preferably RO or distilled water. It will help it keep longer.

2 Likes

Bubblegum is starting to bounce back

10 Likes

Nice looking!
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: They were looking a little better today. I will try to get another pic when I top off the res in the AM before work. Should probably post a ppm and ph reading too.

1 Like

The bubblegum is definitely going better. The stems are holding their own when I pluck leaves to open up some light. Iā€™ve been trying to keep the defoliation lite, but sheā€™s determined to be bushy :rofl:

PH went up a bit to 6.6, might have to adjust my refills to bring that down a little. EC also went down to .9

Now, Iā€™m going to try something new. I have some beans from my last run (Search for Tropicanna Poison). I pollinated both plants from a branch I flipped on the more vigorous plant. Both are fem beans, so for simplicities sake, Iā€™ve labeled them S1 (selfed), and F2 (crossed phenos). Because the moms were fast versions, there is a chance of autos in there. Would anyone want some?

Iā€™ve packaged up some 5 packs. For now, first 3 people that say if they want the s1 or f2, will get a pack. (NA only for now, please)

6 Likes

S1. Please

:wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::green_heart::green_heart::seedling::green_heart::green_heart:

those girls are looking purty.

1 Like

You still working on F2s of those purple n hairy plants?

1 Like

I am getting my workspace cleaned up, currently battling ants, but once I have pest control come out and spray, the tent is going up, and those are the first beans that will be popped :green_heart:

3 Likes

Yay. I keep thinking of them when Iā€™m looking thru his thread. Lol.

Sorry about the ants.

I just lost 6 sprouts to some damn fungus gnat larvae. MFers.

3 Likes

Aww man, Iā€™m sorry for your loss. That sucks. The ants do too, but so far I have been beating them back with ā€œHome safeā€ RAID. IDK how safe it is, but since it makes me a little dizzy, I have been locking my cat out of my office, which is angering the kitteh.

2 Likes

Things are looking good @other_barry. Some grows I defoliat as I go. Seem like they donā€™t have to bounce back as much and keep growing. I donā€™t know how much of a difference there would be unless there was something to compare it to.
I know I wonā€™t top my plants anymore unless they are fast growing and I have something slow in the tent. I just bend them over and spread the branches out around the bucket. I know I save at least 4 days of Grow time.

4 Likes

Poor kitty. My cats hate when I lock them out of places. Lol. I still have 4 seeds of them so Iā€™m gonna retry. But man how sad it is to see your sprouts just laying over. :pensive:

2 Likes

I had planned on trying some 3d printed plant benders, but I had never grown autos before, and the bushiness factor caught me off guard. Both of these strains exploded.

1 Like

Oh man, good luck. If I get a male and female going, you are definitely welcome to some of the beans. Just remind me, because you know, I smoke a lot xD

2 Likes