OB's First Autos

I’ll quote you from our previous conversation when the time comes. :grin:.

What would you choose, also? S1 or F2s from those Tropicana poison beans? I’ll grow whatever you wanna send. :wink:

1 Like

If I wanted more bud, I would go with the S1. That plant doesn’t seem to know the meaning of slow. If I wanted to play and see what came from them, I would go with the F2. The smaller plants were definitely good bud, they just didn’t produce as much. I’ll send you some of both, if you want to try them.

2 Likes

I’ll grow them all. I’m gonna be wading in forests out back this year. :grin:

1 Like

Definitely let me know how it goes. I haven’t done any testing with them yet. PM me an addy, and they are on the way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I need yours as well @other_barry . If everything shows up I’m going to start throwing them together.

1 Like

Only one claimed so far. TBH, I wasnt sure if anyone would want fem beans that had a chance of being auto, so no hard feelings, but feel free to claim if you want one

3 Likes

Dibs ? If possible? I’m interested I like Autos.

2 Likes

For sure man :slight_smile: PM me that addy, and I will get them out. I think I was supposed to send you some anyway xD

2 Likes

Haha :blush: :pray:

1 Like

Aye @other_barry - I lost track in the comments but if you have any of those f2’s still kickin around… Id love a go at em!

1 Like

sure do :slight_smile: pm me an addy and I will get them out

2 Likes

That is 3 for now. Definitely not out though. I will post some more soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks brother! Can’t wait to try them out. :seedling::green_heart:

2 Likes

Been having some trouble with the bubblegum, tried to balance the pH yesterday, but it’s 6.4 in the res, which is still higher than I like. The leaves are lifting back up a little this morning, and I have a new plan to keep a bottle of refill water ready with the same nute mix thanks to @TrevorLahey

5 Likes

Oh, I also tried to pollinate a bud on the Moby Dick yesterday. @G-paS you said you dropped a MD too, right? How’s that going?

2 Likes

I say this so much I’m wondering if I even know what it means- but it looks over watered… well except it’s hydro. So overfed Nitro? Looks a bit light, and the droop I see with overwatering in soil. Just a guess, don’t listen to me.

I don’t know that I want to grow hydro, but seeing your fast results always makes me consider! Or maybe I just need to sharpen my skills. Lol.

2 Likes

I think I have just gotten lucky, to not have major issues. If I didnt have the experienced growers on this site, guiding me, I am sure my plants wouldn’t look so great. I think I may have jumped the gun, as far as my experience level, with putting these 2 strains in the same tub. I keep thinking it might be easier to address issues, and learn, if I didn’t have them sharing the same nutes.

5 Likes

Right? It’s like keeping your pet on a diet when you have two. No way to know what’s going where. Maybe you need to run some long flowering sativa. I think all that time plus OG of course let me pretty much abuse them and get away with it. I had such great plants 6 months ago, knowing what I know now, it hurts.

3 Likes

Hey @other_barry looks like you have a battle of the plants on your hands. One plant wants one thing the other wants something elce. That’s the downside of having 2 different strains in the same system. All you need is a couple black buckets with a lid and you should be golden. That’s just what I think.

2 Likes

For sure. With hydroponics, differences in plant needs are definitely more evident.

I think in this particular case, the EC drifted too low and the pH drifted too high. I’m no expert in DWC, but it only makes sense to be topping up your buckets with the same EC and pH adjusted water that you use when you fill them initially.

Also, in DWC you should still aim to do a full swap once a week, as by just topping it up your ratios will still drift over the course of the week as the plant uses up what it wants and leaves behind what it doesn’t.

Your plants are kicking ass, huge bushes with a nice even canopy I can’t wait to see how it all turns out!

4 Likes