Octopot , clones , seeds , mainlining , grafting and mothers

For some reasons I decarb before freezing
Even though all the boiling takes care of that

It’s just how iv always done it

I normally make butter at the same time that I make tincture so I decarb all of it together then split it up

The trim with the larf and some good bud
I use to make bubble hash

Very important well vented and I have an electric stove
I never use flame :fire: that’s a big boom :boom:

4 Likes

Gotcha, lol! When you say purging, are talking about ISO, or grain alcohol… or some religious incantation? :slight_smile:

I’ll do it with first, for the same reason, it’s what I always do :slight_smile:

I used to make dry ice and/or dry sift hash, but no one I know wants it… it’s all about weed here! I quit smoking, and hash makes a mess of my vape :frowning:

I’ve never messed with butter, either. I just throw some pot in some cookie dough. I am also very lazy. Is the butter better?

We need an America’s Cannabis Test Kitchen show!

3 Likes

LOL I should just say burn it off. I will tell you what, if I sent you some of the goodies I made out of butter, you will go Holy shit where have I been lol. Butter gives a nice high, almost giggly at times. You can make your edibles where you can not even taste any cannabis in it.

I do not decarb for oil, since you purge it off, the alcohol, it heats it and decarbs it. I have found by not decarbing first, and instead let it decarb when purging off the alcohol, it becomes more fluid. All other products I decarb first, nothing gets heated for a long enough time to decarb.

5 Likes

If I don’t plan on making oil, I decarb all and freeze it, that way when I want to make something it is ready. I make my butter, honey, and tinctures at the same time, in a low temp water bath. Works great.

I suggest next time you make your oil, do not decarb, see if it comes out more fluid for you. When you decarb in wet state, large bubbles are alcohol, small bubbles are decarb, once gone I let it go another 30 minutes to remove any alcohol left.

3 Likes

You have my attention! Which also means more questions… is there a chemical (for lack of a better word) difference between using butter in say cookies, vs decarbed weed? Our cookie recipe calls for 2 zips of trim, which includes small or larfy buds, and 1/2 stick of plain butter ,and 4 TBS of coconut oil, which makes about 4 dozen. 1/2 a cookie does me, but Mrs H needs 3/4, shes such a pot head, lol!

I reckon it wouldn’t make nearly as many cookies without the weed bulk, but would 4TBS of canna butter be a worthy substitute for the real butter, and no weed? No way to test things here, so it’s all seat of the pants… sometimes, if it’s really good, it’s seated without pants :slight_smile:

We actually like the nutty taste of decarbed weed, and bake at <240°F for 20 minutes, so we have to decarb.

This such a great idea, d’oh!

4 Likes

There probably is, but I don’t know what it is lol. Heck if you don’t mind the taste of weed, I wouldn’t change what you are doing. I don’t mind a mild taste, but the way you make it would probably be a bit strong taste for me lol but if you don’t mind it keep doing it that way.

You could infuse not only butter but the coconut oil. I make ghee, gives it a nice shelf life, a bit higher fat content, and those who are lactose intolerant can use it.

Makes it so much easier to have it decarbed and ready to go when the mood strikes you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I believe this is called IRONY :slight_smile: I keep saying don’t purge off alcohol for sugar in the oven, do it on the stove top. Well I have another tip.

Do not pour the alcohol into the pan with the flame on. Either mix it up first then turn on the stove, or do not mix on the stove top.

I literally started my Stove Top On Fire, yesterday ha! I had the double boiler going to get the water hot, put the sugar in, went to pour the alcohol/cannabis oil in, and hit the side of the pan, and it went everywhere! Holy shit, fire!!! Thankfully I have big sheet pans and covered it.

14 Likes

Wow! Glad you got the flame out quickly and didn’t get hurt!!

6 Likes

Scared the shit out of me, even burned some paper I had under a magnet on the vent!

5 Likes

Ok glad we can laugh about it lol

7 Likes

Damn brother id say that’s some quality :slightly_smiling_face:
Loving the room setup what 2 lights are you using for them ladies ?
I’m deff gonna have to check into this foop mist!
How’s that white rhino flower out ?

3 Likes

Ty brother

There’s actually 3 major light and 1bar to hit the far edge

Main light in that mess over the middle is California light works model 500
It should be a 500 W light or compatible I should say to hps
Then a HLG I believe it’s 150 watt
And a VIPARSPECTRA I believe it’s a 100 watt

In the small tent is a 100 watt VIVOSUN I won in a contest last year

Paps

3 Likes

It’s my first run with her and I feel she’s stacking nicely
I see she has thick support branches so I think she may get heavy lol

I like big girls lol :joy:

3 Likes

Ditto!

When something similar happened in my kitchen I set myself on fire. The fumes ignited as my buddy poured his tincture. I grabbed the pan and moved it from the stove to the sink as fire rose to the ceiling. Flaming alcohol caused 2nd degree burns to my hand. In the end it was annoying for a month or so and left no scarring, but let me tell you that it is not a fun experience! Don’t mess with alcohol near an open flame (which includes a gas stove!).

3 Likes

I have a vipaspectra ps2000 deff a good light way different then the Mars hydros !
That big room is looking like I could chill out in there with the ladies for hours haha !!

deff looks like the stampede is starting ! Can’t wait to see what she does ! Aww yeah nice and thick ! If yah get a thin one feed her till she’s thick :crazy_face:

2 Likes

That would be a bonus for me. I have big containers of trim taking up a lot of space… consolidating into the butter or coconut oil would be a big space saver.

Can’t hurt to try and whack some out like y’all do… just because I like the taste doesn’t mean everybody, does :rofl:

Yay for sheet pans, way less messy than a fire extinguisher! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hay @ifish
Here’s some interesting facts
I’ve got 3 humidity / temperature monitors
1 Above the lights s 76 degrees Fahrenheit 60% rh
At the canopy 74 degrees Fahrenheit and 62 % humidity
Below the canopy 71 degree Fahrenheit and 68 % humidity

4 Likes

Do you have a fan beneath the canopy?

1 Like

No but my intake is under there a good deal of air movement there