Octopot , clones , seeds , mainlining , grafting and mothers

I used to do that when I first started, place in water before rooting hormone, I have no idea why I stopped, and I forgot I did that, never had many issues getting roots. DOH, why did I stop? Need to go back to that, thanks for mentioning that.

2 Likes

@Gardenartus
I’m trying to save cuts in the refrigerator just too see how long they would be viable

I’ve seen peeps keep cuts 55 plus days this would be great if your need to move or shutdown for a bit

7 Likes

One of the ones I had was exactly as you speak golf ball nugs all over it very little leaf

1 Like

Hey papa when is the wedding cake and ice cream cake coming to you do you know

@Papalag

1 Like

No I think next week
Ty
How’s it going brother
Raining here and in the 40 s

2 Likes

gonna be 90F here today :sunglasses:

Let me know if it doesn’t work out I want you to have these

2 Likes

Ty I’ll keep you in the loop

Pics of the babies and a volunteer woohoo could be anything we will see

1 cay o haeso is a male and was culled
Taps played

19 Likes

Wild one! Tight spot.

2 Likes

Hay bro where you been good to read you

3 Likes

Just beautiful flowers, as always brother! I can still see a lot of Chem influence in the dried flowers of your Irene OG x Dog Patch Grandma’s Dog cut! I love the look of those green nugzz! It is what I like to imagine the dried flowers of the Dog Bud looked like back in the day haha. I appreciate you! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

7 Likes

Chuckys bride Is in water

Let this repo begin

Also acquiring some herijuana from a grow buddy
And I’ll repo these as will

I do want to cross the 2

Ill phenom hunt and maybe just maybe I’ll make fems this round

Cross chucky mom with herijuana pollen
Then hunt for a nice female and do fem seeds
Yeah that’s the new plan
I never made fem seeds this should be fun

Any thoughts :thought_balloon:

14 Likes

Never had ice cream cake, but wow is wedding cake nice, so full of trichs. I lost that strain, should get her back. Think you will enjoy it @Papalag

4 Likes

55 days, that is pretty amazing. I have kept fresh cuts, if I remember correctly, for a few weeks in the fridge, no issues, but never tried longer then that.

2 Likes

ice cream cake is pretty much the same way it’s just a heavier stone leaning more to the Indica side it also has a darker richer taste

once Papa gets it ask him to send you a cut I am trying to spread this particular plant around I like it so much I don’t ever wanna lose it so I figure the more people that have it the better chance it hangs around

9 Likes

that’s a pretty wild cross I guarantee you no one else is ever done that

would certainly be an interesting cross

hey papa on your long-term snips did you just snip them place them in a Ziploc and then into the Refridge or did you dip them or wrap them in anything how did you do it???

@Papalag

3 Likes

I watered them the night before
Cut as if I would clones just longer so I could trim the branches later

Make sure they where dry and into a ziplock bag

5 Likes

I’m gonna add to this what I usually do is take some 70%isoprop alcohol fill a mason jar up little less then quarter of the way then top it off with water …

Next to it I have another mason jar full of clean water …

Snips in the alcohol solution swish swish …
Right to the clean water swirl swirl …
Out on a paper towel to air dry …like dry dry
The more moisture left more chance of mold !

5 Likes

Great idea :bulb:

2 Likes

That sounds really nice, like the sound of a darker, richer taste. So @Paplag you hear Jet lol

I bet that would make awesome oil besides the other base products I make. I forgot the name of the strains, but one gent I processed for came out on a regular basis of 18-20% return, and it smelled glorious, mix of 4 strains, I need to write this stuff down. He did not have mothers, so I could not get clones, but that was the highest return I ever got, and it was trim, not bud.

When you have nice strains that produce these massive trichs, it takes so much less material to make a nice potent product. You feel like you don’t waste your time like you do on those low yielding ones.

Another reason I am changing up the garden. Too many clones from fools who don’t either care what they label it, or they don’t test it, or they simply just want money, some sell dirty clones they treated and need treated in 30 days, but they don’t say a word, and clones look clean due to treatment. Strains are either not what they claim, or they have bad phenos, half this stuff is just outright crap. So although very convenient in time wise of ability to grow quickly, sure as hell not worth wasting this time growing them out to find out they are probably not the strain you thought you were buying. Frustrating.

So I am popping seeds, I have popped a few I did not like so they went bye bye, LA Cheese, Dosidos, Dragon’s blood just seemed to change after me almost killing it off, so dumped it, was a red bleeder so I kept her for a bit hoping she would come out of it. LA Cheese was almost no smell, the last pheno I had was everyone’s favorite, including mine, smell was like heaven and very potent. Popping more seeds of her till I find it after I do these other ones. Concentrating my summer to those donated to me. Finally going do this right and honor seeds gifted to me, instead of stashing them for future. Besides they are fire! Need to type up a list, awesome friend, awesome strains.

6 Likes