Octopot Grow System

If you ever make them again, please take pics. Very interested.

2 Likes
4 Likes

If all works out well, I’ll post up the measurements.

2 Likes

sorry i got into a stoned rant and never answered your question, the metal mesh adds reinforcement to the bag and prevents slouching and also helps take weight off the net cup.

I like the fact that the weed control fabric is going into the mesh, and rolling down the outside of the mesh, which makes two layers of fabric, and can help control excess moisture in the air because the bag wont sweat as much.

4 Likes

I’ll get some extra pictures today when I’m at the spot. I have 6 octopots with the 13 gal sleeve. I put two purple moonshine in 4 and then I have one with a stardawg X i95 and one with a GMO rootbeer.
As of right now they are standing over 8 feet tall and have no sign of slowing down.
I used BT in the Rez as the mosquitos are using it as a breeding ground so when you go to water it was like spray out the bugs through the other holes. So hopefully that’s taken care of as the last time I was there about a week ago I treated them.
I used a blend of build a soil gascanastan mix and soil king blend. And have been top feeding roots organic foundation, build, and bloom. As well as bloom terp tea from them. Haven’t had to spray anything as the person helping with the plot has been keeping the slugs at bay. And the plants seems to be keeping the bugs at bay on their own.
Also whoever did those 1gal. As I haven’t checked the octopot site in a while. That my friend is what I want for my next tent grow.
I can across a secret jardin t60. Has a mini prop area in the bottom and a 5 1/2 foot tall top. It’s taken me a while to get air flow set up as well as making sure I don’t over do it with the light.
The lights are from @Baudelaire, solstrip. The x3 is a little too much. Same with the x2. But I did rig a strip up with one of the new 3050r with a constant 80w meanwell and seems like I may have found the ticket with that.

3 Likes

i wondered about that, do you have the caps on the rez?

That is a DIY octopot, give me a couple mins and ill get what is needed for it.

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/38K84GQCLL5BT?ref_=wl_share

here you go!

and this is a grow done with them

he used 1 gal bags, i recommend 3 gal.

3 Likes

No caps on my Rez. Didn’t come with them lol. But that’s a good idea. I never really gave it any thought that there should be caps.
Also thank you for the info on the micro octopots. I’ve been using 1.2 gal buckets from the bucket company but want to not have a Rez outside and all this plumbing going left and right lol.

2 Likes

I would shoot a email to Octopot asking if you can get replacement res caps, for your 6 gal.

If @OctoKaley was around, she could point you in the right direction lol

Maybe i should change my name to OctoSyn

another thing you could do in the meantime is some duct tape or gorilla tape (black) to cover the holes.

if you can, gravity drain and rinse out the res, flush the res a couple times, then refill it to with your nute water to get as many bugs out, then cover the holes with tape.

all you need to do this is some hose and your mouth to get the flow going to purge your res.

Becareful not to disturb the inside of the res too much because if you try to blast a hose into it, youll shift around and possibly blow out the medium in your net pot and loose the wicking action.

I dont know if you can flush where the pots sit, but you can lift the lid of the res and flush with fresh water that way, then you can siphon out the remaining water before giving the plant nute water. (probally wont work with your oversize bags ontop)

3 Likes

Shit can get crazy, fast with these Octo’s!! Time to chop like crazy and get the first screen installed.

8 Likes

They have maybe 4 weeks to go. So I’ll let them be for now. Never bothered me indoors. Just something I noticed out doors and now I know why lol. Duct tape should do the trick. We have just had so much rain here this season it’s helped I think with the overflow. We had 7 inches of rain in a hour the other day lol

2 Likes

16 Likes

love the photo dump, man those look fantastic

2 Likes

Thank you! Just wanted to show the octopots in the outdoors. The ones with twin plants exceed expectations and the ones with single plants are absolutely monster.

7 Likes

Gezzzzzzz budzzzzzzz. Looks great. Love growing out side. Wish I could now. They love the sun. Love the perky leaves. Getting everything :100:. Nice uptake also. Nice colors.

4 Likes

Just my two cents… On my 2nd octopot grow and tested a normal soil and bucket this time too. Cloned at the same time, put in the pots at the same time… Can you see the difference?

10 Likes

Plants deffo love bottom feeding : )

5 Likes

Just amazed after 20 years how far we have come… These things are awesome…

4 Likes

Day 8 from flip. Hope to add the 2nd screen soon.

17 Likes

nice light coverage

2 Likes

And round 3 is off and running. Trying a bit different technique this round. Last round was 19oz dried off of 400w led. This round, screen of green, 400w led, and really thinking of putting 400w of hps in there also.

8 Likes