Octopot Grow System

I don’t measure EC or PPM at all. I add nutes at or below the bottle recommendations, then use pH drops to ensure I’m around 6.0 before adding solution to the Octopot reservoir.
After not cleaning out my Octopots post-harvest over the winter, I’m glad to have them back in the mix. I have three going now and will prep another two or three this weekend. I got so sick of having to water 3 gallon fabric pots every day or two…

4 Likes

Haha, no PH checking for me. I cant decypher the chinglish for the life of me to calibrate the damn thing…lol

3 Likes

So…do you calibrate it differently than most?

3 Likes

I have no idea. The only PH pen i have had, had a physical adjustment that you dialed to the solution. So far, i think you press and hold the center button when the pen reaches the calibration fluid number…except it boinces allot, and the high solution it wont even get up to. Plus, absolutely no way to hold the button for 3 seconds at the number. And thats if i am eve. Doing it right.

2 Likes

@Syn , thanks , yes that helps : )

2 Likes

You know, i just found good directions :+1: My PH is 6.2.

3 Likes

Good to hear. Some people never use them. I bought a PH meter and a TDS meter when I first started. Use them both every time I mix nutes.

5 Likes

Amen brother I do the same but I know my mix if my ppm is 550 plus ph is between 5.8 to 6.2 where I want to be anyway

5 Likes

When I was growing outdoor, I would chuck nutes at it, mostly cow shit and miracle gro blue powder thrown ontop of the soil them watered.

Couldn’t pull that of indoor, so that was the first thing I bought. The bluelab growers toolbox (180$) which came with ppm and ph pen and some stuff for them.

1 Like

11 Likes

Getting quite large

9 Likes

Things have a habit of getting out a hand in those Octopots

Great job

8 Likes

And fast!!! LOL

5 Likes

And how do you normally handle it, when they get out of hand?

3 Likes

If you look close, you will see a sativa dominant plant up front. That would be pink floyd, and not sure how she got in there. Obviously i scrwed the pooch and mis labled a plant.

4 Likes

I bent mine down, over and over again…lol

3 Likes

Scrog net , super crop , secondary net , heavy gage wire and did I say super crop lol it’s a bitch best bet is to train early

It seems manifold technique is best for me

5 Likes

I have never had such large plants inside, let alone this damn fast. Think about this…this pic was april 2nd.

Just a whole new ballgame…

11 Likes

Bro they are a game changer

4 Likes

That they are. Though for all the ones in the green house, i kinda cheated. Making them out of buckets now that I understand the concept.

4 Likes