Octopot Grow System

Regards to all
Need little advice.
Here are the unfertilized substrates that I can get.

Which would be more suitable for octopot?

https://klasmann-deilmann.com/en/fields-of-application/medicinal-cannabis/medical-cannabis-substrates/
Thanks

Wow I like this

I’ve heard a lot about white peat ! I can’t fined it in the states

I would try the course type or medium course

Paps

3 Likes

Thanks @Papalag
Again :slight_smile:

How does one control spring tails in the octopot reservoir? :v:

2 Likes

I had them last year
I couldn’t get rid of them till I harvested and cleaned out with bleach

3 Likes

Are springtails common in indoor runs?

In 18 years it’s the first time I ever had them

I had to look them up myself

1 Like

Lol wow! Any idea where they came from?! (So I can take notes… :laughing:)

well… I gotta say I have systems all over the place, and they get springtails as fast as I pour the water in. They are harmless, and mildly beneficial as they feed on old dead material, or so I’m told.

2 Likes

Good info! Thank you!

Look, Springtail pics and more…

2 Likes

Hello OG Octosquad;
I’m looking for some info to make my next move. Joining the octosquad.
My tents are 2x4, they’re short as they’re in my cellar from another century. Have a 5’ and a 6’, both 2x4. I can combat height comfortably. I fear the 6 gallon res will limit me to 2 plants per tent, and I’m hoping if I do the 3 gal reservoirs with an autofill/manually fill more frequently I can produce essentially the same results per plant/per square foot as if I had the biggins with less veg time?
Thanks!

4 Likes

Greetings @SargentPiff,

You’ll find lots of Octo Info here. For your setup you might consider these smaller octopups:

Welcome and good fortune,
-Grouchy

4 Likes

Welcome aboard

Octopots for the win

5 Likes

I’m using these micro pots
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07L8YFW48?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Unfortunately they have been sold out since Dec.

Also using these. Smaller but I would prefer the above version due to larger res and stability of the lid.
Trade off is they are dirt cheap and available.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0BGPCTHSB?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

You have a wealth of octo info and experts here. Good luck! :green_heart:

7 Likes

Welcome!

With how my first run in octos panned out for me, I still don’t know how I managed to do 2 plants in my 28x55" tent in 6 gal res’. They can go into beast mode fairly quickly! I had a jungle in there before I knew it and had to start supercropping. (Many rookie mistakes were made too! Ha…)

Only doing 1 plant on my current run since I got enough personal stash from the last run to be covered for… ah… probably a year. :laughing:

With only 1 plant, I have room for a heater and humidifier now. Won’t need those during summer since it’s easier for me to control the lung room during the warmer months. So may try for a 2 plant run again once spring/summer comes around.

5 Likes

It’s very doable in a 60 in hight tent but you will need to learn canopy management like lst , super cropping, scrog net are a most

Its fun to watch the tent go boom :boom:

6 Likes

I think you can easily achieve same result in a 3 gal as you can with a 6. You will just have to fill the res more. I’m pretty sure the grow sleeve the same size on both models

4 Likes

Either way in the Octopots w weather it’s a 3 or a 6 gallon it’s going to fill up quickly

You just need to be observant watching there growth!

Done right 2 Octopots with the right genetics could yield 9 oz each I’ve done it many times

Best wishes on your Octopot journey

7 Likes

@SargentPiff

Just remember that only the rez is different between 3 & 6 gal octopots. The fabric sleeves/pots are the same size for both at about 6gal. So you’re looking at potentially very large plants with expansive canopies—especially if you tend to over-veg like I do. Hell, my current grow I flipped on exactly the day I planned (8 weeks from seed sprout to guarantee sexual maturity) and it was still maybe too long—even in 2 gal containers using a combination of micro octopots and ac infinity watering bases.

For reference, here’s my 5x5 tent at flower day 29 with 4 amazon micro “octopots” and 4 ac infinity watering bases. Even though I could have fit about the same number of 3gal octopots, I wouldn’t have wanted to. With 6gal octopots, I would have done max 4 plants with very much the same canopy coverage.

13 Likes