Octopot Grow System

I got a b day coming up, maybe …

4 Likes

Took this one 30 minutes ago. :grin:

8 Likes

Oh really?

2 Likes

Count on it my man. Perfect time to upgrade the grow. Peace…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

3 Likes

I received a letter from the IRS just yesterday saying they are depositing funds into my account :slight_smile:

Sadly, I only have one Octopot going right now. That’s a Gelato Hashplant in her 8th week of flower. She’ll get the chop next weekend. I’m holding a yard stick with one end at the soil level. Rez is 18" square, the pot is 18" tall, and the plant is a little over 3 feet above ground. Her buds are heavy and have required yo-yo supports. You can see the bright orange rez level indicator at the bottom. I filled the rez to full last weekend which holds between 5-6 gallons. There’s some nutrient solution left, but once that’s gone she’ll only drink pH’ed water the rest of her life:

My first solo grow began in Octopots on May 1st last year. I posted pics of these same plants earlier in the thread, but here are some taken with a different camera. Note that these are all autoflowers:

2 weeks old, just transplanted from Solo cup into the Octopot

4 weeks old

7 weeks old (the Bruce Banner plant is on the right in the front row)

Bruce Banner bud at 8 weeks old

Bonus action shot!!! I mix nutes in the 5 gallon bucket, then set it on a step stool. I use an auto-siphon to move the liquid from the bucket through the tubing into a funnel to fill the rez.

21 Likes

It holds the whole 5 gallons ok? Does ph drift? Thanks @BarefootAndBlazed

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

3 Likes

Lucky son of a bit**

2 Likes

It holds a bit over 5 gallons. I’ve added the entire contents of the bucket when the rez level has been very low. It ended up looking quite full. I don’t think it’d fit 6.

My water is around 8.0 pH out of the tap. I add pHdown when mixing nutes and test using liquid drops to get it around 6.0 before adding to the rez. I don’t check it after that unless the plant is complaining. I’ve seen a few where the pH had crept up close to 7.0 when I’ve tested a sample from the rez. Just had to pump some out and replace it with adjusted water to bring things down where they needed to be. I’ve never measured PPM or EC.

8 Likes

@Syn :v::call_me_hand:

18 Likes

Ya’ll are bad! Bad influences!! I just ordered mine lol.

16 Likes

Way to go girl! rock it! You’re my bad influence! and I love it! One day…! You’re giving me ideas, not good! Maybe!

5 Likes

See, there you go again with all the cool toys!! :thinking::thinking::joy::joy::innocent::innocent:

5 Likes

@Joker Hahah, my husband was like, you’re getting just “one” right, to try it out? Sure, sure yep buddy. …lol, he just looks and says whatever makes ya happy babe! :blush:

8 Likes

They are cheaper per if you buy the 6 pack!!

6 Likes

Lol, I picked up 4 of the 6 gallon, I think they’ll fit in my veg tent :joy::sweat_smile::grimacing:

9 Likes

I bought a 5x5 so I could fit 6. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Lol @Joker technically my tent is a 3x5 I think…may have to re-evaluate my seed making endeavor and open up the tent back into just one section again.

4 Likes

For me. Space! Waaah. Lol
The Octos have a bit footprint. Great for larger plants. Not great if I want to grow more variety.

Only 4 would fit in my 4x4.
My single Octo will sit alone off to the right of this 4x4. Probably a 315cmh over it. About 2x3ft.
Should be able to grow a monster. I usually run 1 or 2 gallon pots.

Past grows…

I’ll try most anything once. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

13 Likes

Thanks for that!

:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Make sure everyone tags their grows with the octopot tag. Let’s overgrow, overgrow.

3 Likes