Octopot Grow System

Hey Paps. I too learned of these through Jethro. He had pics of big plants and huge buds. I want one!

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile::rofl:

7 Likes

If you run into jethro ( you being in that small state of Texas ) please say hi

8 Likes

I will. I’ve got his address but no other contact info. Guess I’ll have to go to Houston and drop in on his ass.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

11 Likes

I want Octopots so bad, but with the exchange rate and the cost of shipping to Canada Mrs. Floyd would divorce my ass for sure. :cry: :sob:

9 Likes

How much weight is involved? I’m interested in them but am In the UK. Shipping could be prohibitive.

4 Likes

They can tell you what it will cost.

6 Likes

One thing I discovered with my octopot was today I put a gallon of water into the res (harbor freight hand pump makes this easy), the float ball went from 1/4" above the first line to right about the same distance from the next line. So each line is approximately a gallon in the tank.

Pretty cool didn’t know that before. :grinning:

7 Likes

I think it’s 8 gallon holding, 18x18x6 is roughly 8 or so gallons. Maybe 7

3 Likes

I mix nutes in a 5 gallon bucket, then pump that into the Octopot reservoir (using an autosiphon from my homebrewing days). If I wait until the rez is nearly empty, it will take the entire 5 gallons but it’s very close to maximum capacity. I don’t think it would take 6 gallons even if it’s bone dry, but I haven’t tried to push it…

4 Likes

Yea not sure about your heat @oleskool830 but the way they wick water they keep the roots cool in hot conditions. I was over hundred in the room light on for much of a cycle last summer. It might extend your season

6 Likes

Hey @Oheeeoh! Do you add nutes when adding water to the Rez?

Just saw @BarefootAndBlazed post. Thanks! This might help me get through the summer. You sold me. Gotta wait till Ms oleskool gets over my last purchase. :grin:

4 Likes

Yes im doing a general hydro 3 part + cal mag

The one with micro, grow, and bloom

4 Likes

It will hold just under 6 gallons

6 Likes

Here’s my first octopot resident transplanted her Monday morning she’s about doubled in size since Monday.

7 Likes

Would placing these on a basement cement floor @ 55 degrees be beneficial or detrimental to the system overall ?

4 Likes

I don’t think setting them on the cement floor would effect anything .i guess you could put down a piece of 1/2 inch insulation for them to sit on might raise the root temps a bit the volume of water they’ll run a bit lower than room temp .

4 Likes

Anyone have pics of octopots in action? With growing plants? Post em up.

2 Likes

How many will fit in a 4x4 with plants in them?

3 Likes

Hi bro
Stop by my thread I run 4 in a tent about 40 in. X 40in.

Peace
Paps

6 Likes

You guys have sold me. I’m gonna put one in a 3x3 and give it a run. Stimulus later this month. Hmmm

7 Likes