๐Ÿ™ Octopot [NoRGE] Northern Lights x Orange Grove Reg (Giveaway Seed Run) [699.11g]

Day 32 (in 3 hours)

17 Likes

Healthy looking plants my friend

3 Likes

Thanks @Papalag!

Day 35

16 Likes

Day 37 (NoRGE bottom right)

16 Likes

Ok, I have to look into what these octopots are lol.

Did a little bit of reading, looks like something Iโ€™d like too!

9 Likes

Iโ€™ve used octopot a now for about two years and love them. Especially for outdoors. Makes wateringso much easier. And plants so much bigger. Kudos and will be watching along!

4 Likes

Day 39

18 Likes

Ok I have a question about these octopots, what ferts do you use? And do you just dump it in the basin? What about before the plant is big enough? Do you just top feed until then? Iโ€™ve been curious for awhile and now I have extra space and time to test new things

6 Likes

@Stankonia A lot of people are using Jacks. Mix the nutes in a 5 gal bucket or tote etc. Some use a siphon pump, some use a transfer pump to fill the Octoโ€™s. First time watering is from the top. Thatโ€™s it. @Papalag says it takes 10-14 days for roots to hit the rez. Hope that makes sense and helps.

5 Likes
  1. What ever nutes you want to use, Iโ€™m using botanicare. It says to stay away from using heavy teas because they can damage the roots. (Require the use of 15 min on and 45 min off aeration.)

2. Yes you dump it in the basin.

3. You only top feed once, to activate the capillary wicking of the soilless mix.

Here is a guide on how to condition the soilless mix.

And here is the general faq.

Wtf is Jackโ€™s.

More like 15 days to a month.

But in that lost time, where the plants are growing roots and not growing above the soil. Once the plants hit the rez they take off like a bullet. It happened more with the clones I took. I rooted them in rapid rooters, got 2 inch roots, planted them in the octopot and it.took about 24 days to hit the rez, and the clones looked like they were about to die.

I left them alone doing their thing and here they are today.

This is them 18 days ago

And this is about 34 days ago, when they went into the octopots.
9513a72b2c4d92386ae548d88d22d2d54f7b1c2a_2_690x388

11 Likes

They have a couple products. The 321, a 3 part dry nutrient regimen is probably whatโ€™s being mentioned here. Same formula from seedling to harvest (soilless). Ive been using it for a few months now in soil, once depleted. Very pleased.

6 Likes

Do you have a link to where you get your product.
Iโ€™ve been looking for a way to save money on nutes.

6 Likes

This is their website. You only need part a and part b. The โ€œ1โ€ is just Epsom salt. You need it but I got a big bag at Walmart.

https://www.jacksnutrients.com/online-store/Jacks-321-p101469431

I went on eBay and typed โ€œjacks 321 kitโ€ I got the $27 dollar kit. It has lasted 3 months and will last much longer. The a and b anyway. The epsom ran out because I used it for other stuff.

If you bought the big bags of a and b they will last years, no joke, assuming shelf life

3 Likes

Since this is a salt, does it build up a lot because there is no flushing done in the octopot.

3 Likes

Man Iโ€™m no pro. But I have zero buildup issues that Iโ€™m aware of. I donโ€™t flush my soil ever if that helps.

3 Likes

Iโ€™ll need to research it some, maybe try a test of it, but honestly, this product is what Iโ€™ve been looking for.

3 Likes

Bruh itโ€™s so cheap and simple. Grab an EBay kit I bet you never look back :wink:

2 Likes

@Papalag runs octopots and I guess runs this nute line. Just waiting to hear his opinion on the two combined.

4 Likes

@Syn has it right. Pretty much anything you want to use. Me, Iโ€™m all miracle gro. :+1:

Just mix it my 35 gallon res thats hooked up to my Octopots.

3 Likes

If you search @Jetdro he had a couple very informative threads on octopots. Iโ€™ve run them a few times and they really work well. Timing is important on placing them in the Octos and on the veg time. I was used to fast hydro growth but the octos will really go when timed right. They will turn into trees fast. They are a bit floppy imho and need support. No ph worries if tap is close and evaporation keeps the roots happy in a hot room. The grow medium staying dry at top discourages bugs. Cool system. Iโ€™ve had good results with Jackโ€™s also.

7 Likes