Official - Mikey Dread Design Trades

these are awesome, keep it up!

2 Likes

Amazing skill

Round 3 : )

5 Likes

I love it Mikey thank you so much! You are the best, true OG!

5 Likes

Awesome brother, I did 4 color changes so you have variety. PM me your email and I will send you the masters, glad you like simple, clean, professional, bang!

5 Likes

Really digging all these! I’ve got a couple ideas but I’ve never shipped seeds to Canada before. Does anyone know if putting them in a bank envelope, wrapping it in tinfoil, and putting it in a birthday card would be sufficient to get them over the border?

This will result in a beautiful cannabis seed dust.
Read this.

5 Likes

@VAhomegrown I’ve sent them to Canada a few times from here. Just use a washer and a regular card. They have made it fine. Actually sent some heading that way yesterday

3 Likes

Bookmarking this thread…I might need your services in the near future @MikeyDread, once I have some beans to barter with I’ll contact you. Fire designs tho :+1:t6::fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

@Islayhearts Here you go, like a undaunted super villain with a mouth only a mother could love…

stitched mouth, stitched heart.!

22 Likes

Yes yes yes. You killed it!! Going to say the green is the color I am feeling.

Thank you really doesn’t sum up the appreciation I have for this !! But thank you so very much.

9 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. No problem its my pleasure, I’m going to send you all colors, best to have, never know when you may want to do a switch up, but yes green is my fav also.

12 Likes

You do some amazing work! :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Really enjoyed your work. Awesome stuff!

2 Likes

I got some within the rubber washer, way cool!

2 Likes

Greeting card with rubber washer in a coin flip goes in and out of canada all day :wink: Stamp is $1.20

5 Likes

@Swe-can Here you go, I tried to keep it super clean and professional, mixing the colors of your country, hope you like.

21 Likes

Hi,
The word King, Not sure if you turned on style/emboss or if that is just light and shadow knowledge expressed regardless the additional radian shading on the letters is sweet. The blending of the gold shades is impressive. I did not go to school for art but I watched all the ink masters. messed with Ps3 cracked prior to subscription ( boo subscription.) I have a free program Krita, took a bit of getting used to but great I mean for free. My comp is more limited than Krita If get too many style effects on and don’t flatten the styled layer, like keep it tweakable or just have too many layers the comp slows eventually the program file when opened, opens tries to load then closes. Kinda my bad, I give everything its own layer and a backup layer lol I hit Adobe ps3 layer limit more than once.

Frustration! lol
See Between the fact I talk a mile a minute and to me in my brain it feels too slow when I am talking yet I can only type with 2 fingers. ( I was over 30 before I got my first comp and I used it for FL Studio mainly until it died and it was some time before I got another one for FL Studio and Adobe PS3. ) anyways with all the comments and questions I have for many of these my brain is a crowded intersection. Random ? . When something is one color, rock, snow, Liquid in beaker, purple smoke. What decides if you go with 2,3,4 ,shades of the same color on the comment side, here is one. Good strong outlines.

The Mikey Dread way… @sedin

A good design is always dependant on line weight and cohesive elements, I create all my text in illustrator, yes style, emboss, also just multiple layers stacked together, sometimes I can go outline crazy, but it needs depth, I try to follow, background, middle, and foreground to create depth in my text and the final design.

I use multiple layers, sometime there is over 50, for a full comp, a good text element can have over 15 layers just on its own, before I merge them.

If your having comp issues, try simple 4 element set ups. It pushes you to be more creative with less source elements, and will sharpen your skills.

Create each element in its own file, then merge them and bring them into one, so you don’t have so much to overload the comp. then apply final color grades when merged.

I try to vision all the uses for the design, as a logo and label follow 2 different design paths, a logo needs a final “border” to be used on both dark and light backgrounds, a label is just a borderless design, although I know it will be used on a bag, jar, standalone, I still outline it for final output.

Chrome, gold anything that falls into that spectrum, is harder to make look good, you need to use alot of gradients, plus shadows and highlights.

I take great pride in my lettering and the final elements I choose, it all has to match up for it to look pro, line weight, letters style, art style, shading and final assembly.

My personal pet peeve is when I see designers, not being selective when choosing elements, if its low poly, everything must be low poly, if its high saturated with thin lines, all accompanying elements must be high sat, thin line. For just one main element it may take me 10-15 throw away images before i settle on one that matches. That could be 2hrs of searching through resources.

Each design takes 3-4hrs, for me to be happy, can I do it in less, yes, Will I …no. Need to keep the quality to my standards its same effort I put into my paid clients.

I could talk designing all day, shoot me a PM, thats enough shop talk for the thread!

Blessings and thank you for the kind words.

16 Likes

Hey just got my electric power back on they have been working on lines.
lot of points I understood much.
I actually can narrow down the years of drawn. Not much really. Grade1 or 2 every day at school with a friend who was better than me . Grade 10 I did 3 drawings, still have them lol
and twice as an adult gave animation a shot. bad animation. lol
Spent along time dicking around for 6 months on Ps3. I couldn’t get through 2 pages of a 30 page script with out wasting over 7 min lol ( 22 min episode) Anyways No one liked it. lol
Not that actually had a finished story. Fittin In Episode 1 Live Free ( sampler) - YouTube
I had zero prior animation knowledge and no internet, so I did not know about walk cycles lol but I did decent creating and timing mouth movements. I watched family guy dvd’s like a hawk until I could see what shapes made what sounds.
Yes I will PM art talk, get your advice and opinions. Art talk.

1 Like