OG Kush first clones

While we’re at it, how long should I keep them in the cups? First timers’ doubts… Is it ok to transplant them now or wait for 14 days?

Let them grow and veg in them! Or wait till the roots fill the cup and hold the soil together. Assuming your planing in soil anyway.

2 Likes

Got it. A thousand thanks! I say I found the right place to learn: here on OG.

2 Likes

Glad to help! If you wanted to push it, trust me, you can grow a big plant in 16oz of dirt. My first attempt at the 16oz challenge, had to back out before blooming.

9 Likes

Holy cannoli! beautiful! Water almost every day, right? how old is this plant? I mean, how long did it take to grow that much? Nice and surely inspiring! Could also be a midget, a small plant but full buds, couldn’t it? One topping only?

Seed planted oct 1, manifold trained. Just up potted Jan 9th. There’s a series of 16oz cup grow challenges that happen on here. Some amazing plants have been finished in the cups. I was watering twice a day, but had to up pot it for bloom since I wouldn’t be able to in the bloom light schedule, plus I want it to make seeds. This is actually the smallest but most uniform out of 4 that I grew like that.

3 Likes

Hi folks, after 21 cuts, I believe I’ve just monster-cropped my OG Kush as a result (hope I haven’t messed up). Cloning wardrobe new area, clones, a mother “in the nude” and pics coming soon… Thanks everyone, especially @Seamonkey84, who’s been helpful all the way, and all the others with irreplaceable tips! Man, I love OG! (pun intended).

3 Likes

As mentioned, here are some pics showing a new cloning area, my wardrobe (way more important “matters” than I’d ever need or wear).

I had prepared 25 cups, probably knowing a bit how my mind operates, I thought it’d be a walk in the park, but rude awakening came soon enough to let me know resources are limited, always! Long story short, I was able to get 21 cuts from the plant…

My apologies for the poor quality, have been more concerned with not screwing as a grower…

Now, being as careful as possible, I moved along…

And the clones came to this…

And the mother… fingers crossed! Only really worried after the damage done! Tons of learning though…

Now the wardrobe…

and its follow-up…

And the mother goes back to the light…

Hope you guys like it! Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi folks, it’s been 5 days since the last pics… and I’m uploading the latest pics of the clones. 20210201_091539 It’s kind of cloudy round here, reason why humidity is a bit high, but it’s closer to 70%…
20210201_091643 20210201_091936 and this one… lots of nodes already…
20210201_091949
That’s it for now.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, 13 days after…

Second day of thoroughly applied LITFA!

2 Likes

Looking good, as long as the yellowing doesn’t continue, you should have roots. If you see new growth at all, your golden, start hardening them off by leaving the dome cracked open a tiny bit at a time.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, the cups are humid but not even wet, they’re damp and no water at the bottom, yet they’ve been sweating the heck of it. I haven’t sprayed at all since yesterday morning. Thanks, you do know your peanuts @Seamonkey84!

2 Likes

Hi folks, updating on the clones. Two have already been axed, they died, rather… but these are looking ok, after second week…

…topped a few of them too!

3 Likes

Those clones are looking good… What are your plans with em? Veg time? Sog? Outdoor? At that size i take a tongue depressor to bend the main stalk over gently to start hardening and thickening the stalks otherwise they may get a lil floppy later on. Good luck i camt wait to see the journey :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Hey, thanks @MimirKush. I’m not sure I follow you on how to use them on the plants, the tongue depressors… you mean to stick them on the ground and force the stems to be at an angle? In answer to your question, I’ll try to do a quick Sog, though the main reason is seeing some buds in front of me in the quickest way possible. We shall keep rolling…!

:joy: my bad.
I meant hold the depressor and push the stem to either side back and forth to mimic more of a heavy breeze motion. Helps ti strengthen to stem and encourage growth

2 Likes

But of course, sticking the depressor into the ground next to the stem, right? And leaving it there for a day or so and then change, correct? Or did you mean an actual rolling of the stem against the depressor, as a practice? Wow! Sounds as though we’re at a bar, after a few beers…! and hopefully a few puffs…! Awesome!

Yeah just push it over like your gonna lst but without tying it down at all :joy: no damage but the movement of the stem is wats needed… I used my finger when they are real small… It also keeps seedlings from stretching most times

3 Likes

Hi folks, here are the clones, 18 out of 21 survived. so a 86% success rate sounds reasonable. Hope some of them don’t just decide to die now…!! No Clonex of a local brand of rooting bottle, only fresh aloe vera!

3 Likes

Those be plants now guy… Good job they look good

2 Likes