OG Michiganders Unite

Way up there :grin:

1 Like

Not way up there, due east at the end of I69 and I94 at the entrance to Canuckada.

Lol was thinking wrong bridge :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just started my seeds about a week ago. Had to coax a few and accept the few that didnā€™t do their thing butā€¦ think I have a good patch to grow in my greenhouse started. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@Kgrim youā€™re not far from me!

1 Like

Good deal. Wish I could have a greenhouse, but my backyard is a swamp and a greenhouse would add to the already sweltering humidity I get back there. You can literally feel the humidity and temp difference going from the house out there.
Dropped seeds in towels last night, got home tonight and looks like 8 of 12 have cracked and starting taproot. Step kids will have all the starter cups ready so when I get home tomorrow night they can go in soil. Just built a seedling rack with small LEDā€™s so I donā€™t have to blast them under my veg light right away.

1 Like

Yup, drive bye your way every time I have to head up north.

Iā€™m up your way often. Especially in the summer. At Lakeside Park and the other one right by the bridgeā€¦ is that Lighthouse Beach?

1 Like

Yes it is. We usually go up to the Ft Gratiot Beach, itā€™s nicer and donā€™t have all the craziness from the beaches in town. We walk Ranger quite often along the river walk at the bridge.

1 Like

My hopefuls for now lol

1 Like

Iā€™m usually Rock hunting . Lol

2 Likes

Well then you should really check out the Ft Gratiot beach then. Itā€™s about 2-3 miles south of the State Park.
My niece, her husband & my great niece had a blast and gathered a whole slew of pudding stones last year

4 Likes

I will definitely be checking it out this year!

2 Likes

I think youā€™ll like it better than lighthouse or lakeside. Theyā€™ve got nice pavilions, clean bathrooms, a nature trail, playground for the kids and the beach is real nice also. It doesnā€™t have all the real estate like lakeside does, it pretty much goes parking lot then beach, but we enjoy it much more. As the wife and I like to say, there is a lot less of Port Hurons ā€œfinestā€ LOL

3 Likes

Thank you for the heads up. I will definitely be checking it out.

2 Likes

Paw Paw and kzoo here! Love to see how much cannabis has overgrown our state!

4 Likes

Welcome to the OG @Jonny7939
East side here, over by the St Clair River. It has overgrown the state so much, that OZā€™s at dispensaries around here are $50-$60 an OZ.
For ā€œtop tierā€, shake is $15 and smalls $25 for an OZ
Never thought in my lifetime Iā€™d see it ā€œLegalā€ but here we are, and the price has rock bottom now, LOL

4 Likes

I was a weirdly stubborn kid despite projected legal climate at the time thinking ā€œnah thats messed up prohibition is a wrong that ill eventually see correctedā€ā€¦think i just had to believe it to maintain sanity but then after a spinal injury in the army i got to be a part of the campaign back in 08 that saw medical become legalā€¦but it wasnt til rec passed that the floodgates burst open and the state became weed-centric and flooded(thanks capitalism?) Now theres 3 dispensaries within 2miles of my house where you can get 5g 1\8ths for 12 or 13 of flower or 8/g concentrates that i definitely wouldnā€™t scoff at and i absolutely love itā€¦hahaha confirmed something i think we knew all along: SO ALL OF YOU SMOKE TOO! Because back in the dark ages i feel like there was a vibe in MI where everybody did it but NOBODY admitted it. My frickin old little League baseball coachā€™s family now runs a whole dispensary/grow facility but back when id get caught high at practice it was a whole problematic ordeal! Love the MI strains too: eastside og is great, pure michigan was nice but paw paw was FIRE(disclaimer potential hometown bias).

4 Likes

:raising_hand_woman:t3: @Jonny7939 East Side here also but not as East as @Kgrim

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like