OG Michiganders Unite

Was member on other site that I sparked up a conversation with. Good people, gifted me his small collection he had been working. Looks like I have about a dozen in the vial that look like the same seed, no guarantees but first I popped was a BP fem for sure.

1 Like

You willing to trade any? Have you grown out? This is first run of them for me and so little info. Part of the Blueberry family so I am hoping for a color show the last few weeks.

1 Like

Ya im in it. Just letting those who donā€™t know of its presence. Im in ohio technically but Ohio server was shut down shortly after it started.

2 Likes

I popped one of the breeder mix 2 I have. And the next will be the old time moonshine. Iā€™m hoping to pollen up somebody girls if the beans are willing.

2 Likes

Played with some sweet Pineapple Thai pollen from @Trowertripper, painted some lowers on the following:
Purple Thai (Highland Thai x afghani kush purple pheno), Afghani Kush x Black Pearl, Skunk#1 x Black Pearl, Black Pearl, Brutal Paw and Panama Red Triplet cut. Letā€™s See if they Take, 6 cousins from oneā€¦:v::sunglasses::beer:

4 Likes

While i am currently displaced I am a Michigander from Saginaw area, hoping to move back soon, Hope for all purposes I can still be considered a Michigander, its where i started smoking and growing.

moving back wont be Saginaw area , UP maybe gaylord,grayling area not sure.

7 Likes

Bible Belt North resident hereā€¦you know, the part of the mitten where you can spit from one church parking lot to another and if youā€™re not blonde-haired with blue eyes you donā€™t belong here after dark. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

@Instg8ter my how things have progressed and how I forgot about this hidden gem of yours. We gotta connect. Iā€™m guessing a lot has progressed with you. Glad I saw this lol. And thank you MI folks for throwing down. I e learned a thing or two about all yā€™all. Like bluestar is from MI and he is a awesome breeder that uses DJ gear!

2 Likes

wasnt bog and mota rebel thug pug all from mich as well?

4 Likes

Bog did reside in Michigan for a minute, if I remember correctly from talking with him before

2 Likes

Hello mitten-heads. Iā€™ve mostly lurked on this thread but our move is coming right up. With that, I thought Iā€™d enlist your help.

The property we were considering in Traverse City was sold. Weā€™ve now decided to do more exploring before we buy a place.

We will be in Michigan on 15 May. Our plan is to start at Manistee then work our way North and East up to Mackinaw. We plan to post up in hotels and look at properties until we find an area that feels right for us.

It is highly likely we will end up somewhere within the trapezoid of Manistee, TC, Mackinaw, and Grand Rapids. So if you have any suggestions or feedback about any place in that area please let me know.

We would be willing to rent for a bit until we find the right place

Any and all help is welcomed. See you in the mitten soon!

Kev :seedling:

3 Likes

dont know what your looking for but i know there will be a property going up for sale at lake leelanau just out side of tc on rice rd.

2 Likes

Manistee, benzie and tc are pretty decent areas. Whatā€™s your range/ ideal kind of location?

Likely no more than $500k. We want a place with at least 10 acres. Ideally, it would have a barn and an outbuilding but I can always add those.

Weā€™ve just become empty nesters so we donā€™t need a big house. I would say the land and the outbuildings are equally important to the house.

If we get significantly more for our money more inland somewhere compared to touristy spots, we are willing. Like nearby Cadillac or other area.

Kev :call_me_hand:t5:

4 Likes

ok you dont want the leelanau place only 5 acres

1 Like

For us, the land, house, and extras are far more important than the location- within reason. We donā€™t want to be too far from a harbor on Lake Michigan for a sailboat; within an hourā€™s drive.

Our business and future plans require acreage though weā€™d prefer timber to tillable.

2 Likes

Any michiganders get seeds from seed cellar in Jackson? Itā€™s about a 5 hour round trip for me and their seeds are quite expensive for some varieties. I donā€™t know if itā€™s worth it. Let me know your experience, if possible.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t ordered from them, but from what Iā€™ve heard the inventory on their website may not be accurate. I understand you need to call to confirm they have stock before placing an orderā€¦which is mostly why I havenā€™t even tried to order from them.

2 Likes

I was going to get a pack of supafreak there, it showed 3 on the website. Called and they were all gone. So call and reserve what you want first.

2 Likes

Central North Michigan has far worse weather than anything close to the lake. Cadillac might as well be International Falls. It gets so unbelievably cold and somehow hot summers.

As close to any of the lakes as you can afford, IMO. Iā€™d recommend being within driving distance of a larger city, something within an hour out of GR, Detroit, or Kalamazoo will be more functional. Still rural, still cheap, plenty of options, just not such an affair to get anything done.

3 Likes