OG Veterans Giveaway Signup 2023. Thank You for your Service

I really didn’t want to leave anyone out but we had issues with the last one where we got a flood of new users during the sign up and a number of them were sock accounts of folks trying to basically steal from the giveaway. Thankfully we have an incredible MOD team here who dealt with those folks and their efforts went unrewarded. Creating this deadline to join was just my way of trying to prevent that and save our MOD’s some work.

15 Likes

Funny story, one of those guys reached out to me and wanted me to be sure and get seeds to him, altho he knew he was going to be suspended. Never heard from him again.

5 Likes

There is a special place in hell reserved for pieces of human garbage that would try to rip off a veterans giveaway. Karma will get them.

18 Likes

I’ll be sending mine out this weekend. There will be some extras in there for you for handling all the shipping

9 Likes

I’ll be watching for them.
Thank you for your donation!:v:

9 Likes

This is great!

Thank you to all the veterans, thanks for your service. And to all the OG’ers that made this happen , much respect.

10 Likes

A truer statement has never been typed.:rofl::rofl:. Some people’s children wtf.

4 Likes

On a happier note, I responded to a notice I saw in our local paper. It’s a local Veterans Trust Fund, and it may be a part of the American Legion I think. The notice said they had funds available for Veterans who are struggling lately.

Man, I went down today, and these folks are going to catch up my heating bill (electricity), and take care of buying and installing a tankless hot water heater. :flushed: Holy smoke! I’ve been without hot water for 3 months almost.

And after I finished with the paper work the guy shoots me a $50 gift card to use for gas in the truck. Can you believe this? Their fund received some grants and they make it happen. Man, our town (small) has the coolest people who really, and literally, take care of each other. Man, I feel so a part of our community ever since I moved here. I still can’t believe It. Veterans; what a brotherhood.

I’ve been on crutches for almost 5 months and needless to say without work. I make it on a small once a month check atm. All I can say is I’m so glad I live where i do. What a break.

Go Vets!! :anchor: peace

30 Likes

Well brother that truly is the opposite of what I was talking about. That is very cool, glad to hear they had your back and the backs of other Veterans. Really cool man.

6 Likes

That’s great they hooked you up!

6 Likes

Nice to hear!
Happy you’re getting the help you need!

6 Likes

Your the man. Any Vets in Canada that didn’t make the list can contact me. :+1:

7 Likes

you buy them books send em to school and all they want to do is eat the teacher

5 Likes

@Tejas your donation was received today.
Thank you for your contribution! :v:

9 Likes

Big thanks to all who donated. I will be closing the sign up soon as it seems to have topped out. I will be sending the Canadian donations to @Bobgrows to distribute after I finish packaging the seeds. Thanks to all of you for making this event happen and a huge thanks to @Bobgrows who has really been the workforce behind the event. She is a star in my eyes.

18 Likes

Did you get my letter?? @DougDawson

4 Likes

Not as of yet, I will let you know when I do bud.

3 Likes

Received your donation @santero .
Thank you for your contribution!

6 Likes

I was just wondering if there were any veterans here not from the USA. Another company in my battalion did a rotation to Australia, and had nothing but good things to say about your army. I missed that one, but was in a rotation to the Philippines. I was also stationed in Korea for a year. That was the extent of my WestPac experience.
Have you ever noticed that two English-speaking countries haven’t been at war since 1814? In the French Foreign Legion, they have what’s called “La Mafia Anglais” (sorry if the spelling is wrong). We Anglophones are very cliquish. None of our countries have been at war with each other for over 2 centuries. We’re either allies, or as is the case of South Africa or Ireland, we’re neutral; we won’t raise a hand against each other.
Winston Churchill said of the Anglo/American alliance: “We are two peoples divided by a common language.” This is true, as our biggest point of contention is how we spell words.

4 Likes

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: I haven’t heard that one in years.I used to say it all the time… Buy 'em books, and buy 'em books, what do they do? Eat the teacher…

I can’t remember where that came from. Got a laugh out of me.

3 Likes