Ohwolfie's Grows

Hello everyone, I’m Ohwolfie, and this is what I’m currently growing… First off, a little bit about myself. I’ve been growing since 2013, but have been smoking cannabis since 2000. I was in the 10th Grade, and was supposed to go to a Staind/Korn concert with a friend, and my mom and dad gave me some money for a ticket and something to eat. That day, myself and another friend ended up leaving school at around lunch (skipping lol), and my other friend was supposed to come pick me up later on in the day to see the show. It was about a 2 and a half hour drive, so he’d have to get me by about 5 at the latest to get there on time, and get in the venue. 3:30 comes, 4:30 comes, 5:30 comes, no sign of him. I had about $60 in my pocket, and nothing to spend it on… I’m sure you can see where this is going. My friend who I skipped with was one of those kids my mom and dad warned me about. He was 18 (I was 15) and had just gotten out of boy’s school for punching his dad in the face, and fighting cops. Anyway, he convinced me that buying a bag of "Skunk Bud’ was a good idea. And boy was he right. I got stoned AF, and ate a big ass pizza with my friends (paid for by me of course). That was the start of my cannabis smoking. I’ve been in love with cannabis ever since.

I had always wanted to grow, but convinced myself that it was too difficult. I remember getting ahold of an old High Times issue in about 2003 that had all kinds of grow info in it. But I never put any of it to use. I got ahold of some bagseed from my brother that he’d been saving in 2013, and ended up killing all of the seedlings I had. I left them on my front step with the humidity dome on, and went to work. The sun fried them. He ended up giving me the rest of what he had left. I’ve since paid him back with seeds 10 fold. I ended up having really small plants that year because I transplanted them late, but it was absolute fire. The grow bug bit me, and I was hooked. I grew outdoors that next year, only with Mandala seeds instead of bagseed. My grow partner ended up killing all of my plants but one (because he couldn’t remember where it was) to spite me. So the next year I grew indoors, and have mainly grown indoors since. Though I have put out a few plants for the last few years in the Summer.

I started making my own crosses in 2016. Once again, my real hang up was that I had convinced myself that it was too difficult. I didn’t think I had a good enough eye for selection. But after a close call with the law, and ending up killing my clones in a nervous panic, I came to the conclusion that seeds were the best way to preserve valued genetics. So at first, my aim was just to preserve what I had, rather than trying to improve anything. My first pollination was the F2ing the Bog Bubble seeds that eventually made their way to @Cyr_grow last year. I remember that male well. He smelled like skunky beer, and I said to myself that this is the kind of male that you hope is a female. Meaning, in veg he had the look of what you’d want in a quality female. I ended up killing him pretty early, so I didn’t get to see if that skunky smell developed into a sweet one. A good friend of mine had a male just like that one, and he said that it eventually went from skunky beer to a sweet smell, so I’m assuming it would have been the same with him. I also made a couple of other crosses that grow. Helmand Afghani x Bog Bubble, and an unknown Resin Seeds tester x Bog Bubble. Normally, I don’t make seeds with testers, but I was pretty new, and it was already pollinated before I realized it was too late.

Nowadays, I still like to preserve things that are special, and F2 or F3 them, and I also like to make my own improvements, and see what happens. I now feel that I have the eye for it, the experience, and most of all the confidence. My only real limitation is time and space, like everyone else I guess.

35 Likes

welcome over here ,@Ohwolfie

4 Likes

Welcome @Ohwolfie , thanks for signing up, thanks for growing and sharing your story. :+1:

Gonna park my ass over here and keep an eye on this.

2 Likes

Welcome! Looking forward to following

2 Likes

Great to see you here, and looking forward to your show of grows @Ohwolfie

3 Likes

Here are the (Black Lime Reserve x Grape Soda Skunk) x Huckleberry Kush females that I currently growing. I’ve selected a male to male F2 with, and will be hunting those for what I’m looking for.

13 Likes

Fancy meeting you here. Good to see you bro.

3 Likes

Great to see you @saxo!

3 Likes

Good to see ya here amigo.

2 Likes

Here’s the BLR/GSS x Huck Kush male I’m using. Structure wise, he really looks great. He reminds me of one of the Huckleberry Kush males I used to pollinate this line. He’s got a ton of vigor, but he’s getting a little bit tired now, after dropping a ton of pollen in the last 10 days or so. He’s been totally bulletproof otherwise. The stem rub is a perfumey grape smell, which is like the mom of this cross.

I made this cross using an F2 Black Lime x Grape Soda Skunk female (originally bred by TRH Seeds), and two F2 Huckleberry Kush males. The female was really short, and favored the Grape Soda Skunk side. One of the Huck Kush males was really fast flowering, and the other was slower. I preferred the later male, but because I was also making Huckleberry Kush F3, I didn’t want to bottleneck the line with a single male selection. I am pretty sure the second male did most of the pollination of the BLR/GSS because it developed more slowly than the Huck Kush F2, and I tossed the tall one after heavily dropping pollen for a couple days because I wanted the other male to have a chance too.

Anyway, some of that poor structure from the mom (and slow growth) has manifested itself in some of the females of this crossing. It’s maybe 60/40 in favor of the shorter squat types over the taller types. Most of that is due to the strong Grape Soda Skunk influence I think. Mean Gene told me that the Grape Soda Skunk bullies everything it’s crossed with. Being that I used a GSS cross (with BLR which is dominant in it’s own right) it’s impressive that the GSS has been so prominent. Huckleberry Kush itself is usually pretty dominant in crosses. I’ve been working with this particular version of it since 2015 (version 2012). Dynasty makes a new version every few years.

My hope with using this male is that he’ll add vigor and structure to the line, and I can just breed out all of the tiny, super slow growing, mutant, and squat plants. Obviously, being that the next generation will be in the F2 phase, there’s going to be a lot of work to do.

I grew out a handful of these plants in early August, into the Fall outdoors, and was able to collect pollen from another male that I liked. It looked to have a more Black Lime Reserve structure. Part of me wants to use pollen from both males, but I’m honestly wanting to breed away from the BLR types. I do have BLR leaning versions of this line, so I can always work those in that direction.

Here’s the one female from that seed pop. I tried to re-veg her, but she didn’t make it. Her flower structure looks like the BLR/GSS mom. This plant was fucking dank.

15 Likes

Also, I am growing (11) Blue Magoo BX3 from Dynasty, (5) Tartar Kush F3 v1, (5) Tartar Kush F3 x Family Vault Purple, (3) Huckleberry Kush F3, (3) Tartar Kush S1, and a single Chemo seedling that is growing really slowly…

The Tartar Kush F3 aren’t show in the above pic, and neither are the S1.

Here is one of the Tartar Kush S1 looks really interesting. The other two not so much. They were made by the old fashioned feminization technique of STRESS. I gave some clones to my brother back in 2017, and he hermed them out by growing them in bad conditions. The original deal was that he’d grow them outdoors, and I’d come and get cuts to bring back inside, but he had them so stressed that I didn’t even bother. He eventually flowered them out, and he said the weed was great. He found 8 seeds in the flowers, and gave them to me. I have had them since 2017, but recently decided to pop a few to have a look. It’s possible they are a Tartar Kush x Huckleberry Kush cross, as I don’t know which plant hermed…

15 Likes

Fancy meeting you here brother. Hey, I saw that @Great_lakes_Genetics is carrying your gear now. That’s awesome!! Grape Diesel Kush for $60 is a steal!!

4 Likes

he´s a great lookin stud…goood luck with your projects :+1:

4 Likes

Hey @Ohwolfie, MrGoodfellow here from the other OG. I haven’t seem you for a long time. Glad you made it over and I’ll have to go back a read your thread slowly. It looks like you’ve been real busy. Things sure look good. Hope you enjoy it here. peace :v:

3 Likes

Welcome to OG my friend. Everything looks great I’m sure you’ll fit right in here.

2 Likes

I remember you! Good to see you here. Yeah, I have made a bunch of crosses since the Open Grow days. I’m still rocking the Huck Kush though. It’ll always have a place in my garden, as will anything else from Dynasty.

4 Likes

Alright bro, thanks, great to see you again. I have the Huck Kush f2s from a preservation run done here a few years back but haven’t completed a successful run of it.

I’m the same, bro, I have lots of crosses and haven’t even tested them yet. Life moves fast the older I get, ha.

4 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome.

2 Likes

Thanks brother. I can’t wait to grow the F2 out.

1 Like

Yeah I just linked up with GLG. Jeff is a nice fella to chat with. I look forward to working with them especially being local Michigan family too.

I went with the lower price points this year to get more gear spread out and grown. Hopefully its more affordable to more people and they get grown. Thats the goal.

GDK is my Blue Star line in F2 offering to the public for a great selection of phenotypes before I isolate specific lines out of it. Well, I have already isolated 4 lines but they are in process.

I look forward to following your progress my friend.

5 Likes