OK I have a strange Happenings going on

I have a hybrid growing and about 6 weeks into flower I developed spotted mites which I noticed after the leafs started to curl under . I caught them early and won the battle but the plant suffered, The buds never fatten up like the sister plants of the same strain more so than I have ever had before on same strain plants.
The weird part is I already harvested the sister plant it was big and ready thrics where I wanted them.
Now the plant that had mites is in flush still end of 2 weeks now, and I see all kinds of new growth (pistils) and now fox tailing occurring , It appears to be trying to grow the buds bigger but I have not feed in 2 weeks and run off is at 350ppms still so it does have some food left to use.
What say ye?

3 Likes

The plant is in feed soil, and light is 20inches away LED, fed when dry and flushed with water when needed .
I am in final 2 week flush to get the salts down. So no feeding .

2 Likes

I’d say the plant was gearing up to defend itself from the spots, rejuvenating itself from the damage done.

4 Likes

Has to something like that, I have grown this particular strain before and never saw it foxtail or take so long to ripen .
The temps are mid 70F, and the LED is 20 inches above, so it has to be stress related I would suppose
i am almost tempted to start feeding again lightly and see. Lot of buds , just not fat but not fluffy either.

1 Like

Now I am reading it could be a last ditch at reproducing before death.

1 Like

Keep a close eye on it, it may decide to grow a set of balls after being stressed

2 Likes

I would still take the plant now. The new growth never seems to button up and the bud eventually becomes stretched resulting in not as dense end product.

4 Likes

I did already, Thanks Everyone

2 Likes

Man… I was expecting some paranoid hippy story or maybe an invitation to a hip party with lots of weed. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree: have you seen the keg?

2 Likes

Did you burn the pistils when spraying for bugs? That will cause funky bud growth imo. :v:

2 Likes

No , the plants were at their end of their life cycle, I cut them down.
They were set back due to the minor mite problem and just never recovered
Oh well I can make a nice oil with them still.
Thks

1 Like

LOL

7 Likes

Love the cartoon… especially since I’m in need of both hips replaced…lmao.

bummer about the bugs, they can just suck the life out of a plant…

1 Like

You may know me now LOL But do not say it in public forum please

Hey man, good to see you alive and kikin’ … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

Nice to see you still around
Grew a few elbows this summer , Im Happy again LOL

1 Like