Ok Ok, here's the deal with Rand

Thanks for the advice. Another good simple method, I LOVE IT! I had a feeling that this thread would yield some valuable intelligence!

True, man, I can tell you though, all of your sentiments have rang LOUD and CLEAR with me and I certainly will NOT risk others crops so haphazardly in the future!

From this:

7ft male… to this:

I have a spare bedroom facing south that I place this into. Place some wax or regular paper underneath, and just gently tap a few times a day. No fuss, no muss, no mad neibors.
Good luck

2 Likes

That second to last girl is a Heri? Great node length! Mine look like this.

5 Likes

The two females are BOTH Herijuana and THANKS! She takes care of herself, but I wish I could take credit for it! Yours looks nice too!

1 Like

You might find parts of this thread amusing.

1 Like

So here’s what I did…

He only has some leaves and the massive trunks!

I saved this, per your instructions…

Again, the advice was MUCH appreciated!

5 Likes

There ya go. get some paper underneath to collect pollen, and your golden.
good luck.

2 Likes

So after everyone’s advice I didn’t waste a day and got on it! The above post shows my butchering of the big boy and now for the shots of the two ladies without him blocking it!

Thanks again EVERYONE!!

Golly graciousness, this strain just does it on its own and all I do, the Herijuana I’m talking about, is sit back and take pictures! Gotta love that! Im interested to see what these 3 strains will look like crossed. Black Widow was the first strain I ever grew to finish and Sensi Star was crossed with that to make my male. Those two with Herijuana and you got something maybe!

8 Likes

Yup there’s paper in the container and around it!

bwahahahahahaha… if ya’ll gotta axe, lord help ya.

“Driving Mrs.Tranny” gots to be that threads’ title lols

2 Likes

Was my very first grow. I keep all my staminate friends in a 2x4 in the basement these days. Rare that I mess with intersex, though I don’t (yet?) have the knee-jerk aversion that most here seem to have.

4 Likes

oh, it was you? lols @AllOra. no offence bro. got a good laugh out of it at least.
Nah, if u on top of it, it should be no issue.
Nanners dont do much damage, its the ball sacks that grow under the nodes that dont get seen that can cause the damage.
If its quality, a few nanners is no thing. Just know to scour plants daily for new nanners and ya’ll should be good.
Chemdog has been known to do this. Spit a few nanners at the end of flowering. Depends on prior parental selections I guess as to stability.
cheers.

3 Likes

I had this happen with 2 of my Marauders, as they got that GG4 in 'em! Wasn’t a problem at all cuz lucky for me I gaze ENDLESSLY at my plants and I was on top of it. Marauder is STILL one of my MUCHO favorites to smoke AND grow

3 Likes

Yea I’ve come to lean that a few of the strains that I want to get have hermi tendencies. I’ll just have to know to look out for that and try to hold off from using any of them as breeding stock if they show it. Then again since it’s for personal use, a few stray beans here and there might not be a bad thing. Though that just perpetuates the hermi traits (as the plant intended)

1 Like

That can happen with a light breeze.
On a windy day, everyone downwind of you with outdoor plants is in jeopardy of getting seeds from your male. Cannabis pollen is dispersed by the wind and can travel much further than a five mile radius depending on the severity of the wind and a few other factors.

I’m sure you’re not the only grower in your area that has a male plant outside. It happens a lot more than most people realize.

I collect pollen the same way as @MidwestMover, except I use foil instead of paper/wax paper. It an easy technique that can yield a lot of pollen.

5 Likes

Yeah, I already chopped him, but I’m now in the pollen collection mode. So, would you say the reason you use tin foil is because of the foils pliability or is there another reason? Everyone else has said paper for collection, whether wax or not, so I’m curious your input as I’m sure your method WORKS for you! Thanks for the knowledge!

Again EVERYONE, I am enlightened now as this has been my first experience growing for seed and also first time growing outside and also I only have 5 harvests under my belt. Now, I admit, that some of this is common sense. I will also admit that a lot of the stuff I do for the first time ends up BUNK! I guess I’m doomed to trial and error and also bugger my head against every wall I encounter. These are not statements of ego or bragging, rather the humble ramblings of a man who has not only found a hobby that I just can’t get enough of, but also a community of likewise cannabis enthralled individuals! I consider myself VERY fortunate in these regards and I thank each and every one of you, whether we agree on points or not, for being a part of this experience with me!

LOVE!!

3 Likes

Now, here are some of Rand’s other endeavors!

The above is either Rocky Mountain High or Oregon Huckleberry, both from @Mongobongo. Gotta love the vigor of the stuff Ive got that he’s been a part of! The Oregon Huckleberry x PAC was TOP NOTCH and this plant, whatever she may be, is equally TOP NOTCH!

And the above here is Purple Durban from @Cobra50. These are also AWESOME and I have 2 more, the last 2 beans of this strain I had, going now, fingers crossed for a couple of nice females to clone.

The above is one of two Purple Durban 's that I have vegging in 1 gallon pots

The above is a shot of the mystery plant with a hybrid in the back that has Blueberry in it. I remember once reading a post a regular member made that said he had bad luck with anything that had Blueberry in it. Well, I think I get what he meant! They are a sensitive bunch aren’t they?

And above is a nice group shot of the veg tent pumping out 3 Afghani x Blue Lights and 2 Purple Durban 's and 9 Orange Goji F2’s from another member
…so.much love from this site!!

Best!

8 Likes

Pliability and ease of use are the main reasons I choose to use foil. Pollen slides off foil without leaving any residual pollen behind.

I’ve used other types of products to collect pollen and have experienced “popping” a few times using paper and that is not conducive to what I’m trying to accomplish.

There are many different ways to collect pollen, but I’ve found this method to be the easiest to collect a lot of pollen for immediate and future use.

2 Likes