Oleskool’s Shitkicker Grow Show. Navigating the Fog

Hey @GMan! I ran across a post of yours that cracked me up again as much as it did the first time.

“Anybody here wanna see my siister and the donkey? PM me for PayPal.”

Hahahahaha! Too damn funny! Hahahahaha! :rofl::grin::laughing::joy:🥹

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

9 Likes

Huh? I don’t think I ever said that. Maybe I wake up late at night and post on OG without knowing about it.

3 Likes

Hey, I got some Lost Coast Plant Therapy for bugs but it’s supposed to treat PM, too. It’s something like $30 for 12oz at 1 oz per gal water. 2oz per gal if real bad. But it seems like you have to be careful with the lights for burning. If it’s only PM I’d try 1oz. It’s mostly peppermint and soy oil with other stuff. You can spray something like that up to the day of harvest. I think there are others that are similar. It might get that bud to harvest without the PM. I tried doing bud wash at chop but it was way too late.

For the non flower I’d go with sulfur.

I could send a few ounces down but I don’t get paid for a week.

4 Likes

Greetings Wild Eyed Pistil Waivers! Man the PM sucks. I only have 4 plants in flower with buds and naughty bits. The other 17 will get the Nuclear Option.

I’m going to treat the flowering plants with a product for PM that is supposed to be safe until 2 weeks before harvest. It’s from Sierra Natural Science. I use their natural insecticides which are very effective. Just in case it might slow it down till I can chop them. I wonder how long the shed will smell like a box of matches after the sulfur spraying. Hell it’s always something isn’t it? Unusually high humidity, insufficient air flow and poor housekeeping got me here. I probably brought the spores in from the backyard. Who knows? The shed has a dirt and gravel floor so there’s only so much I can do regarding prevention. I can treat the plants and a trusty no pest strip in the rafters treats the shed for flying nasties. The door has a screen and the only window is screened. Shitkicker Style!

12 Likes

I’m not sure if it works, but can you spray sulfur off with clean water before you chop? Or do a bud wash to get it?

@JoeCrowe?

Maybe you could use a lighter strength to spray the flowers. I’d sure try.

Man, that stuff can suck the life out of the plants if it ever gets hold. It’s like a Sc-fi nightmare. I hate it.

4 Likes

Pretty tough to get rid of the sulphur taste if your in bud . Don’t believe washing or hosing off would eliminate it.

5 Likes

I’m not gonna use any sulfur on the flowering plants. They will stay in the tent while spraying the others with sulfur. I’ve got another product for the flowering girls that I hope will hold it off till harvest. We shall see.

Peace…

8 Likes

I’m gonna find it. Stand by. I thought it was you. Funny as hell in the context of the conversation. Guess you had to be there. 🥹

3 Likes

Shit! Maybe I got old and high again. This Black Tuna makes me null and void! Just mindless driveling of a burned out old hippie.
I’m still stuck on the crying baby and dancing apes. There is a message there somewhere.

5 Likes

5 Likes

It aint pretty, getting old. But laughing sure makes it better!

1 Like

I would say the sulfur application is pretty much permanent. Never apply on a plant treated with an oil application, it’s got to be washed off first.

3 Likes

I used that same sulfur you showed. I was worried about the smell, so I sprayed outside. Very little smell. I did have to strain the dust out, it’s not soluble, and gunked up the sprayer. I did the 2nd spray inside, didn’t smell bad, or for long.

I let them drip dry, brought 'em back in, and never smelled anything.

I did them when they were small. The leaves had white spots from the sulfur, but they disappeared as the plant grew. So far, so has the PM :slight_smile:

I grow in a crawlspace with a dirt floor. I got some 12mil reinforced crawlspace liner and laid it down. Works great, and has help up for going on 12 years!

No pest strips are no bueno here. Maybe you have enough ventilation, but I wouldn’t chance it!

I still can’t believe I had pm for so long, tried every concoction I could buy or make, and 2x sprays of sulfur seems to have whacked it!

7 Likes

We all are labrat, have a wonderful and stoned birthday troncho6dh|nullxnull , couldn’t have chosen a better date … Pirata|nullxnull

7 Likes

No way! Who’s birthday is today? @GMan’s?

6 Likes

Yup, also @lefthandseeds :partying_face:, easy date to remember from now on exclaim|nullxnull, great guys … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Hey @JoeCrowe . I mixed up some sulfur to spray the plants. That shit clogged every sprayer I tried to use. Mine says dust or “wettable.” I’m thinking wettable doesn’t mean water soluble.

Is micronized the key word I missed? Does that mean it will mix with water better? I got 4 plants sprayed and was hopelessly clogged!
Thanks for your help.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Black Flag that ass! I seen something today. Red ants killing fire ants. I have never seen this before. I know dried molasses runs them off. Not sure if they lost the queen ant. I’m wandering if the climate change has something to do with it. I have read of a red ant that looks like the fire ant that kills them.

2 Likes