Oleskool’s Shitkicker Grow Show. Navigating the Fog

You are correct sir! That shit clogged every pump sprayer I have. I thought about straining it but isn’t that “dust” the sulfur? How did you manage to spray that shit? Thanks…

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

LS/SBT Week 1 of 12/12. Big girls! No PM in their tent so far.

15 Likes

Woo hoooo. I finally got tired of all of the table/lap dances and unlimited dabs, and decided to come here. Thanks for the b-day wishes.

It was our first 80º+ day today and I was able to get the kayak on the lake and fished till 1pm. I caught one. Things got pretty boring after that. I didn’t even cruise the dispensaries for 4/20 specials. I did stop on the way home this evening at a shop, and they don’t even do a cheap pre-roll for birthdays anymore. The kid was trying to sell me a $18 joint with 10% off. :roll_eyes: So, not even any special smoke today. I’m down to smoking the year+ old stuff as I wait for a rescue run.

Damn happy to say I was alive to have a birthday today. :smiley_cat: Onward through the fog, to the next one. Happy 420 week you big old lovable lugs!

10 Likes

Bro, their ain’t no fog, I can see that perfectly and it is seriously beautiful.

3 Likes

I keep shaking the sprayer as I spray it. I also make sure to shake it up good to begin with. Sometimes a clump gets in the nozzle but I would just open it more then close it again. I was using safer brand garden sulfur I got at canadian tire. With a 1 gallon pump up sprayer.

Your bag says wettable, perhaps it just needs a vigorous shake?

6 Likes

I used that same stuff.

I just shook the shit out of it, let it sit a bit, then shook it some more. Finally strained it through some foundation perimeter drain cloth, I had leftover from a job. Cheese cloth would probably work too, lol!

It didn’t strain everything out, but it was enough that it didn’t clog a trigger style sprayer.

There was also enough left after straining to make a bunch of white sulfur spots on the plants, so I know it got on there. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@HorseBadorites. Thanks man. I’m gonna mix a new batch this morning and run it through some cheesecloth doubled up. You are right. This is a PIA and that shit spreads faster than a California Wild Fire! Thanks again for your help. Now back to trench warfare.

Blessings…

6 Likes

That is a sad fucking commentary indeed. Which shop was it? They should be publicly shamed! You should have slapped the little bastard with a Cannabis plant! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I never thought I would see the day that a man couldn’t get a birthday joint! In COLORADO!

Happy Birthday My Friend.

7 Likes

Well @JoeCrowe, it was a major fail! I mixed a new batch according to the instructions. I used warm water and shook that shit as long as my arm would hold out. Took a break and shook that shit some more. Strained through double layer cheesecloth. Shook some more then filled my sprayer. 2 sprays and hopelessly clogged! Then I strained through a T-shirt. Same thing. It caught some dust but apparently not enough. Fail. I then strained it through doubled up t-shirt. No go. I looked online at Home Depot and found a sprayer with different various nozzles for higher viscosity liquids. Going to get one in the morning. Try, try and try some more! Thanks again for the help. We will be victorious!

8 Likes

Strange! Perhaps it’s extra chunky? Mine is a powder that forms a suspension, I don’t think the sulfur actually dissolves in the water, instead it gets milky with particles of it. Even the pellets I use kind of turned into mush after a couple days in water.

6 Likes

Yeah it’s a suspension as it won’t dissolve. Upgrade on my sprayer might help getting it actually on the plant. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Yeah, gotta get a nozzle that will open more but not just a jet stream. I’m doing my best to get that out to you. Hopefully tomorrow.

1 Like

I used exactly the same Hi Yield stuff @oleskool830. There was still a lot of particulate after shaking. A whole lot was in the straining cloth, but I guess there was enough left to keep the solution yellowish… unless the cat peed in it when I wasn’t looking!

I just used a cheapo trigger spray bottle

I did have to shake it periodically, and adjust the nozzle a few times, but it never did totally clog.

Maybe that Texas water has bigger molecules than the rest of us, lol!

6 Likes

It’s all the sedimentary bullshit in it. :grin:

5 Likes

I went to my favorite grow shop and consulted with them. I bought the sulfur from them but didn’t talk to anyone. She sold me a product that is sulfur based but won’t affect my little buds if I have to spray them too. ??? I’m gonna try it. The PM has only been on the bottom 1/3 of the plant so I can concentrate on that and lollipop the tops if I have to. If it’s not successful I’ll have to chop these plants and start over. Agony of defeat! Thanks @JoeCrowe and @HorseBadorites for your help.

5 Likes

My question is, what product did you buy?

3 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes