OMG I guess I am growing pot now--15 year old mystery seeds

Yeah, was a fairly decent day… even a lil warm when the sun broke through

Praying in the sun. Woooooooooo good… I think I am seeing female pre-flowers… we shall see in a few days for sure probably.

6 Likes

Well since I have a trip to Denver planned for Oct and will be gone over a week I have decided to play bonsai with my plant and experiment with training.
The plant got rain flooded so I have a little yellowing, waiting for the soil to dry up some so I can feed it some MegaCrop. Binder clips for the win!!!

I think I pulled off a FIM!!

Should be fun. If it survives after my trip we shall see what else crazy I can make this plant do!!!

BONSAI!!!

6 Likes

The little survivor… Almost a month old … Grasshoppers ate it to the stem a couple weeks ago… Looking weird. Can’t bear to kill it and it won’t die on it’s own

Looking like I might have pulled off a FIM

Coming along a bit now

7 Likes

I messed up my first FIM… thankfully it was noticed so I could correct it by the good folk here at OG :smiley:

3 Likes

Got the best pic I could…Motorola cameras blow

2 Likes

Getting some yellowing. Gonna have to up my feed I guess.

Yesssssss! 4 main colas!

6 Likes

for sure up your feed a bit… but it’s a-growing lol

1 Like

Day 9 zillion I think…lol… Got the deficiency taken care of and we are off to the races again.

6 Likes

Getting closer to flip time… got a trip coming up to Denver so I will be flipping when I get back on 22nd… Fingers crossed that this one is female because it is all I got going right now worth talking about

7 Likes

Packing it on… 11 days til flip!!! Pretty sure it is female. Pretty sure I would seen balls by now since we are 40 something days into veg.

3 Likes

Some won’t show until the flip… mine never showed until a week or so into flip

2 Likes

Woooooooooo!!!

5 Likes

Congratulations! It’s a girl!

:girl:

Bonsai!

Bonsai!!

5 Likes

Well before I left town… Removed all the training restraints and tie downs I had put in… Watered really good… 4 days later…

LITFA !!!

5 Likes

Well, it is officially day 1 of flower. I am running flower at 18/18 under strip LEDs. This is a new time schedule that I am experimenting with to test a theory. @Fuel thinks this schedule could be very beneficial for the LED gardener. Day 1. Lights on after 18 hrs darkness.

4 Likes

at 18/18 you still get the same amount of light/dark in a month as 12/12, so wondering why this schedule… I know some people have alternate lighting schedules like 6/12 so they can shave some time off their grow
"The Theory
The theory behind the 18 hour Day/Night cycle is that during a normal 24 hour light cycle plants will usually achieve high growth rates peaking at 100% capacity during the first 50 - 60% of the day. The growth rates will then diminish rapidly and the last 20 - 30% of the day achieves minimal growth. So by reducing the length of the day we are triggering an increased growth mode where the growth rates are at their peak for the majority of the day. This effectively achieves a very fast growth cycle with full yield potential.

NOTE: To achieve these incredible growth rates it is important to provide maximum light intensities and CO2 enriched conditions. The recommended lighting is 600W per square metre.

The Cycles
Vegetative Cycle - Lights ON 14 hours, Lights OFF 4 hours
Flowering Cycle - Lights ON 6 hours, Lights OFF 12 hours

The Benefits
The growth acheived during an 18 hour cycle can be the equivalent to that acheived during a 24 hour cycle. So by running 18 hour cycles the same growth and yield can be acheived in 75% of the time.

Reduced day lengths also mean reduced power consumption. Grow more and use less power. Who can argue with that?

For example, an average crop grown from seed using a 24 hour day/night cycle will have a 4 weeks grow cycle and an 8 weeks flower cycle. This equates to 28 days @ 18 hours a day and 56 days @ 12 hours a day = 1176 hours of light over 12 weeks.

An accellerated crop using an 18 hour day/night cycle will achieve the same yields using a 3 week grow cycle and a 6 week flower cycle. This equates to 21 days @ 14 hours a day and 42 days @ 6 hours a day = 546 hours of light over 9 weeks resulting in a 40% reduction in power consumption and a 25% reduction in crop time. "

6 Likes

We are going to see if it is beneficial to stagger this way. Just a theory. LED light affects plants differently. So we shall see if a time shift is beneficial in flowering cycle. We shall see.

3 Likes

I just worry it will ripen the trichomes too fast, making for less yield and underdeveloped :confused: But I’m crossing my fingers for ya that it turns out in your favor.

1 Like