OMG I guess I am growing pot now--15 year old mystery seeds

omg just saw this today… memories…

3 Likes

Slow going. Flower day 4

6 Likes

Starting to fill in some. Pruned a few leaves and tucked others. The runt in the back is popping some thing. I think I saw a hair. We will prolly know at the end of this light cycle.

Now about this 18/18 light cycle.

I have had to try and wrap my head around a 36 hr “day”. So I am switching to light cycles as my measurement. We are in the middle of the 9th light cycle today. So, I guess this is actually day 8 of flower.
They seem pretty healthy. Had a little transplant shock from the new containers on the smaller one. Nothing a couple days of LITFA couldn’t handle. Still unsure on the time schedule and how it will affect development.
Still gonna give it a few more days and let this experiment play out.

5 Likes

10th on cycle today
Seemed healthier and livelier. Think any transplant shock is over. My little tree

7 Likes

10 Likes

Care package!!!
Got a Christmas card from the amazing @ReikoX today. Some sweet slaps and devil and uv LR cross auto beans… This is awesome!!! Thank you mucho!
OverGrow the world!!!

11 Likes

Gotta love @ReikoX , has the coolest stickers around… the @Jellypowered one is looking quite dapper as well.

5 Likes

I just love stickers. I think @Kalgrae started it with his piggy stickers.

6 Likes

yeah, and your stickers got me into designing my own to print out whenever my seeding actually finishes lol

3 Likes

Getting some stretch.

Did some light defoliation today. Still no pistils on this 18/18 light cycle. Today is the 12th on cycle under this 18/18 flower test. Getting just the tiniest tinge of tip burn even though my nute feedings have been pretty low. Not tracking PH. All I have is a useless soil prong test deal anyway. Can’t find my PH liquid test kit… Probably too old if I did find it. Found a few fungus gnats. Did a rosemary oil and peppermint oil spray down of the top layer of soil and lower part of plant. Not seeing much activity in the soil so should be under control.

Buddha Homer is lovin’ his new digs.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Do they seem to be stretching like they’ve started to flower? It’s strange they’re not showing sex yet. I wonder if 18 hours of light might be too much to trigger budding…

Another day, another upload
Light cycle 14 today.

Got something strange happening on the runt

Only on the one stem, the others seem fine

Still running the 18on/18off light cycle

4 Likes

The curving looks like possible overwatering… other than that looks pretty good

1 Like

So shout-out to all my OG family… Gonna share my 2018 stash hauls for the year

The OG crew is the best!!! OverGrow the world!!!

9 Likes

Here is day 9 billion in flower

Switched to 12/12 because I was getting no pistils. Still not many. Fighting a cold garage and no cab to grow in to try and control temps better yet… Live and learn.

4 Likes

They aren’t doing well because that soil is depleted of nutrients. I know this look well, as I’ve abused the shit out of plants in solo cups and other mediums to test their vigor and this is what they look like when they are hungry and lacking nutes. That wood chip type soil is awful for growing in and that is probably the main culprit here. At least that is what it looks like in the photos.

You wouldn’t want to flower them in this state because of what you are experiencing… It’s taking forever because theres nothing to eat to help the process. Hence the curling/yellowing/droop. I would probably re-pot them in pro-mix and and hit them with a healthy dose of veg nutes and throw them back into veg to recover if I really wanted to save them. They aren’t going to yield anything in this state.

Let me know if I can do anything to help. Good Luck!

2 Likes

It’s a blend of leftover soils,native soil, homemade compost… I know there isn’t enough drainage right now… My low 50’s soil temps aren’t helping much right now either.

@SportFarmer welcome to OG!!! Biggest reasons for the slow growth can be sent early in the grow log and then my little 15 cycle “experiment” where I subjected them to 18 on/18 off at the beginning of flower. I am really only like 10ish days in by my calculations on how I stunted them. Have quite a bit goin on in the soil actually. And the clover is coming back some as well after I mowed it. Both of these girls had horrible lives but didn’t die… And I couldn’t bear to kill them.

2 Likes

Hello @Stusatwork and thank you!

Well, if it’s just an experiment, don’t mind me… heh - I’m terrible at scrolling through these gigantic threads and reading everything. This forum format has a different feel as well, where it feels like you’re coming into an already flowing conversation. So theres this awkward feeling coming in late to a thread. Much different then a regular forums feel and flow.

Anyway, I just saw the last couple pictures and some mention of 9 billion days in flower and figured you needed help. And there was some weed involved and that always fires up the keyboard. :smiley:

4 Likes

O, I definitely need help… Just not that kind​:rofl::joy::laughing:

4 Likes