Oni's 2nd grow. Continued

That update is from this morning :sweat_smile: I just got home now. Lights off, so no pics until morning

2 Likes

I’ll see if I don’t have more pics I forgot to upload now that I’m relaxed and clear headed.

3 Likes

Zelda is definitely severely deficient in something or locked out badly. Regardless plain water just makes it worse.

3 Likes

Zelda is getting nice and fat colas now. That lockout or deficiency is stalled it appears and now we’re back to claws​:sweat_smile: FML I still haven’t added anything to the water in months​:zombie:‍♂ :anger:

2 Likes

Tulip has been kept now that she’s pregnant with a stranger’s baby. Or she’ll be Cartman’s Mom.

Zelda will be happy soon once I can order the new light to add enough to fill out the tent properly. If I followed the pistils I’d be harvesting today​:rofl: I know better LoL :joy:

5 Likes

New day new pics. I’ll be home late after I leave for work, so I won’t be here for lights out pics. At best I’ll have a quick update before I head out. The runoff of Zelda is near neutral. Between 6.5 and 7. Not quite either shade, but somewhere in between. Not sure what she needs

3 Likes

i would say at the age that zelda is now continue light feed and ride it out now that you know you have flushed and got the ph right. she should drink normal with no lock outs at the correct ph

4 Likes

also remember you cant change the damaged leaves once the show deficiency or lockout so you got to watch out for the pray and new pistils

3 Likes

Macro lockouts are always permanent I know. I’ve been looking at new growth the whole time when I judge for her response. In a few minutes I’ll be going back in the tent to snap some pics again before I leave for work.

1 Like

I won’t have an update tomorrow most likely thinking of it as I have a funeral to go to before I go to work tomorrow😅

Now on to a more positive note I raised the lights again as I saw they were all about 12" from the lights. 14-18" average for Zelda’s tops and 1 in particular is 21" from the lights no matter what I do.

2 Likes

Zelda is eating her leaves very hard today. Yesterday I made a tea from my acid loving fertilizer and I watered her at the recommend dose for established plants. I did use this in mixing up her soil and watering her for the first couple of months.

2 Likes

Today Zelda is doing really well. I noticed her lower leaves or specifically the tops that got swallowed by the rest of the growth have no issues at all. Her leaves that were already being eaten didn’t halt that progress, but I expected that anyways. I was going to defoliate soon to give her more light before I order my light next week to add another 300w in cobs to finish off the light. I found a good deal. It may only last the rest of the grow, but I can’t afford all I need to finish the tent and budget responsibly this paycheck :sweat_smile:

The leaves that didn’t have direct light exposure didn’t get the calcium deficiency or lockout making new think I have my lights maybe too close together for her?:sweat_smile: IDK, but the ones that got less light showed better growth and no issues at all. Just a thought. Maybe I should raise the lights up a bit more to about 18-24"?

1 Like

Prewatering pics. I forgot to add them in my last post

2 Likes

Now for Zelda’s post watering picture. She’s back on the same watering schedule as the Lucky’s. She didn’t have any runoff yesterday or today. The soil just accepted water even being raised up to allow full runoff if needed.she doesn’t look droopy at all. She’s surprisingly happy, but not 45°. Now I wait and see how I did.

2 Likes

Zelda has been lst a bit. In my inspection I saw a lit of shriveled and dead leaves all through the colas risking bud rot badly.

I don’t have time to deal with this properly. I closely inspected the whole plant and that’s how the LST started. I have to go to work and pull a 12 hour shift :sob:

2 Likes

Yesterday was absolutely hell. 2nd person was AWOL and it was our busiest day on record. So much was unfinished at the end of the day. I stayed an extra 2 hours and cut my 2.5 hour break short to try and get work done yesterday. I dabbed myself to sleep, so I’m feel less like death today :sweat_smile:
I had a full blown panic attack and nearly passed out on my feet at work with my hands all clawed up not able to try to brace myself should I catch myself falling. Lucky me my work has my back and helped out with all hands on deck. Lazy ass server’s got shown how to do their job. Especially with the GM helping in the pit. If they were lazy he’d have to talk to them directly :imp: am I petty for enjoying that part of last night?:sweat_smile: Lazy workers are a big pet peeve of mine.

Now cathartic rant over. Zelda is doing really well well today, but she’s still making shriveled brown crispy lower leaves. I’m ordering the light Thursday or Friday when I get the money in my budget. It’s happening more to well shaded areas and colas touching each other. Speaking of colas she’s getting fat ones now.

2 Likes

Zelda absolutely loves her new position. She’s frosting up nicely with more light, but I think she needs more light overall actually. I’m ordering the new light tomorrow and I’ll see about getting the QBs in a better spot too. I might have to lower the lights a bit. Zelda is about 24" from the lights today.

4 Likes

I lowered the lights to a 16" average as the auto told me there wasn’t enough light on the canopy. After lowering the lights and rotating the auto pot it was turning back towards the light and looking less sad.

No more lowers have been eaten and she’s resumed focusing on existing growth again. It took a few days, but the tea I added seems to have helped her get the nutrients she needed she wasn’t getting from the soil. Regardless of if it’s in the soil or not anyways. Fading has been left to the leaves still affected, but otherwise leaves look healthy now by comparison at least. I’ll see about getting some clip on fans for airflow as my big fan no longer oscillates and airflow isn’t proper in the tent anymore.

1 Like

Now to see how Zelda has liked the new distance from the lights. TBH it looks like she really likes it as the branch there is now too heavy to support itself upright if it wanted to :joy:

My new light will arrive by next Friday and I can finish the grow with all the light they’ll want. For now I’ve watered Zelda and pruned off any leaves that are too yellow. Adding them to the soil to act like a mulch. Pics here are before watering. Waiting a bit to take more letting them drink up as needed.

4 Likes

Heading to work now. Last pics before tomorrow morning pics show how well she handled the drench.

2 Likes