Oni's 2nd grow. Continued

In a large part yes. She’s taught me a lot this grow. As far as Zelda that growth had a lot to do with her being started in a 3 gallon until she got so bound up the bottom was all roots for about 2-4". When she was transplanted a wedge of the rootball fell off it was so dry. Something to do with her genetics more than anything. All the ones I grew so far have been making roots at crazy Pace.

She’s already filled out this pot too much, but luckily she’s in a fabric pot.

Anyways that’s all I can say for now. I’m late leaving for work now. Gotta get in early enough to get food for lunch.

4 Likes

Zelda is definitely dealing with something. No idea anymore. Day off. Too burnt out to think. Need to head out and enjoy the day before it gets away from me. Also avenger’s endgame :sweat_smile: whatever I’d need to do I can do it when I’m back tomorrow.

Zelda

Tulip

3 Likes

Well sad news. Tulip has balls and bananas both. She’s gotta go. Womp womp.

2 Likes

Just like that? Over what time span did tulip go from female flowers to banana heaven? 24 hours or less?

1 Like

Not 100% sure, but I didn’t see any of these this morning at all. I was face deep in her leaves while in the tent. Now Daisey is rooming with Tulip. She always liked to go in the plant room chair or not. I had to drag her out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I moved the plants around. Now Zelda and the Lucky’s are on something that will allow them to drain runoff and breathe underneath.

1 Like

Now for the pics from before lights off.

Zelda

Too bad on Tulip. She was on her way to matching Zelda.
Tulip

2 Likes

if you can put tulip somewhere out side and let it finish if not then flower it somewhere.

1 Like

She’s fully turned. I’m chopping her down later today. There is no saving her at all. what you see in that picture is the same every other stem at every node. Balls and bananas everywhere. If I let her go I’ll just get a ton of tainted seeds and not really any bud😅 with how she went full hog on making balls in a day I’m not taking chances. The Lucky’s are 1 thing, but GSC bagseed is not good genetics.

It hurts to have to do it, but I’m not contaminating my grow with anything that’ll do that to itself for no explanation.

2 Likes

i understand fully. sad to see he/she go

1 Like

They’ll at least provide nutrients back into the soil. I’ll figure out recycling them later

I think I may process what bud she does have and compost the rest for the plants as I’m able. I do enjoy CBG after all. It helps back pain best out of THC, CBD, CBC, CBN, and CBG. I haven’t tried CBL yet, but I know what I have now at least :sweat_smile:

Lights have been spread out a bit in hopes to coach the branches out a bit. Also she’s been placed so all tops are 12-16" from a light. I’ll try to find something to lst her branches outward more to stop the moisture building between leaves from colas nearly touching each other.

Zelda

Tulip is just chilling in the kitchen with Daisey for now. I don’t have enough time to process her before work and I can’t go in reeking of weed.

Tulip

2 Likes

Tulip has been kept alive for now after that deliciously intense watermelon smell she gave off. She must have heard me talking about cutting her down. She’s still making balls occasionally, but it’s definitely stuck to certain areas. Pretty much any new growth since her last pruning has become male. I also snapped a good stem too by accident training her out a bit😅

Zelda is making really thick colas already. She’s definitely getting thirsty as I can move her stems a bit now. Once she drinks up though she’ll lift less than a pound pretty easily. With the tension I’ll be putting on each stem to spread her out a little more I’ll have to buy some training ties or something else that won’t dig into the stems. She’s also showing a severe deficiency that I’m not 100% sure on. Calcium or boron maybe. It’s the stem with the most preflowers and thickest Cola. Tips died, but didn’t go black or grey. Just a dried look like it had the water sucked from it only. I possibly have to water with more water next time. @ModicumGenes I know you said not to add anything, but I’m seeing a strong deficiency and it’s spreading to every leaf. I haven’t given nutrients in the water in awhile and with how she’s looking I’m not sure I shouldn’t add anything to her water for calcium uptake. I’d definitely prefer she doesn’t get much worse :sweat_smile: 90% of her leaves are affected and if allowed to progress she’ll likely be cut down too early if the buds have no leaves to feed them with and I’d like to see her get to her full potential without eating all her leaves for water and calcium. Still possible boron with how it’s patching up though. Would be odd, but I’ll have to check on her in the sick plants thread for extra help as I’m just confused.

Zelda

Tulip

2 Likes

in my opinion i donnt believe it’s a deficiency becuse you havent added anything it looks like a ph lock out to me. and i say this because its all over and those leaves look burned like to much of something or something is completely locked out. only an opinion not the definite answer

3 Likes

How could it not be a deficiency if the soil hasn’t received anything to replace what’s been taken out for so long? Isn’t that the definition of a deficiency when there’s not enough in the soil? Lockout would imply I’m adding something to the soil other than water. If it gets worse the more I add plain water wouldn’t adding in what’s missing from the soil be a good thing? I listened to you before and it’s just gotten worse. I’m just trying to be careful as I can’t undo adding too much without harming her no matter what, but without adding anything I’m just seeing her beg for something

1 Like

I’m seeing something closer to manganese deficiency like shown here.

Boron and Calcium are close, but not quite the same. It starts as white spots that turn into brown patches like shown up there.

1 Like

It appears to be calcium deficiency…manganese deficiency has yellowing in the palm of the leaf that spread outward with rust spots the further it progresses and boron deficiency is more of large copper patches in the middle of the leaf that spreads outward the further it progresses. Either way, you would not have the bud development you have if it were either of these.

Calcium deficiency can appear on any leaf that is actively growing as well as, exposed to the light - it usually goes hand in hand with Magnesium deficiency though can also appear by itself if/when there is too much phosphorus in the soil…makes it harder to identify when the leaves are showing previous ph fluctuations as well as, nitrogen level being on the high side as seen with the leaf ends pointing straight down as phosphorus excess interveinal yellowing is more difficult to see though more than likely the cause as the leaf edges are also folding under giving a “reverse taco” appearance on top of the curl and will burn the ends of the leaves which is a tell tale sign of excess of something…in this case too much nitrogen and phosphorus.

If she were mine, I would flush the soil to ~30% runoff, get a sample of the last 10% to see where the ph is and give a cal-mag drench then re-evaluate after a week as drenches take more time than foliars

4 Likes

now that is good advice i must say. and i bet zelda would appreciate the full drench

4 Likes

Now that she’s raised up a bit more and accepts more water I can do that. I found the vial for my pH drops too. My pen is off badly

3 Likes

Zelda has been watered with 30% runoff. Didn’t get pics until now.

Zelda

4 Likes