Oni's 2nd grow. Continued

As for mold, if you give the conditions for it to flourish, such as high humidity and decompostable matter coupled to low air circulation it will pop up, we can easily deal with it though just catching it sooner makes it easier and is nothing to worry about so long as you’re making steps to improve things.

3 Likes

I’m heading out to grab 2 clip on 6" fans to add back in the air circulation back in around midnight once I’m back home.

4 Likes

Good plan, you’ll be set for your next round, and it will free up some space if you remove the pedestal fan.

But you don’t have too just drop the pedestal fan lower and or point it down a bit and turn it on low you already have the fan use it. really though removal of your decomposing matter and stuff on the floor will help more than just air circulation alone, both will really help though.

Same goes for if your having issues around the house, just keep those sources cleaned aka left over food, stuff left out on counters or tables, plants and or shrubs growing against your house, anything where your providing a humid environment where there is compostable matter nature will try and take its hold as its just trying to do its job its been doing before we were here.

2 Likes

After I get off work tomorrow so plan to start my first day off cleaning up the house. Especially now with my back healing up back to how it was a year ago :pray: before I hurt it bad enough to have to rely on wed to get out of bed. I’ve been enjoying my effects from the carts and oil I have to last me the month. Each smoke break I use them to keep my grinding bones moving. I’m liking the effects of California orange or Cali O’s as it says on the cart box. My friends and I smoke weed each day we can before I go into work helping me get my CBD and CBG as well.

I’ve achieved my goal of healing and not running out of money and cannabinoids in some form allowing me to push past the pain of working hard and not have any damage from working this hard. The new guy is only 19, but he’s a hard worker and a fast learner. Today was a slow day and I took advantage to teach him our 3 sink rhythm. We were so ahead of our work that I was able to waste 2 hours today getting prepped for an efficient close on time and a hour earlier than scheduled. I spent the rest of the day showing him where everything goes. It’s not his first time in the dish pit. Made it easy to tell him yesterday and show him today. I had him clean the dough pans 2 nights ago. Yesterday I showed him the fast way and now he won’t use another way :rofl: I showed him how to cut 2 hours off his workload and he started doing what I do now. If he learned from my trainer he’d still be there RN :joy: fuck that. I’ll show him the way that makes him enjoy working here. We both had time to kill and if we didn’t use it we’d have gotten our when the restaurant closed. Squeaky clean station and dry feet on time. Also lots of music. Being allowed to have music in 1 ear also feeds a crack like addiction to sound that when given into fully will stop slowing you down as you go into fantasy world to listen to your favorite songs tech free. He’s a good kid. He’ll move up fast if he keeps it up. If I left early today he’d have gotten off work around 1030. I won’t do that to him yet. He’ll earn his way to a day alone when he can do 25 pans in 5 minutes after soaking for 10 minutes. He’ll need to be able to nail out clean and grease free pans every 20-30 minutes or we’ll run out. He’s halfway there. He’s learning how awful our pans are and will be faster tomorrow as we switch it up. Sundays will brain bleach you if you let them.

Also called it on midnight when I leave. My phone needs a charge badly before I go downtown and I need a slice of Pizza.

1 Like

I planned on grabbing the clip on fans last night, but as I was about to leave I nearly passed out on my feet. I’m off to work in a few minutes, but figured I’d add the pics for today.

The Basil got too heavy for the small 3-4" pot it was in. I went in to water everyone and it fell over and kept falling over​:sweat_smile:. I had a small amount of soil left in a 3 gallon fabric pot that got dusty level dry :joy: I mixed it up with compost until it was nearly full. I broke up the rootball and mixed that soil back with the pot again before making a hole for the loosened up rootball. I chopped down as much clover as I could and then I topped with more compost. At this point I may as well be growing in straight compost, but that Basil keeps trying to bloom. If I top it where it had them it goes back to leaf development before a week later when it tries again. Let’s see if I can’t get it to take over the tent and demand I use a lot of basil.

The potatoes are ridiculously huge now!:heart: Massive stems.

Zelda is definitely looking like she may be harvested soon yeah. She’s too pungent to get a good smell off. I keep finding a new smell each day. Yesterday it was a celery and catnip smell she gave off. Today it’s a sweet skunk. It overpowered my nose though and I can’t define the smell😅

The Lucky’s have a bubblegum smell and I drool after smelling them now🤣

4 Likes

I went home early from work and I’m glad I wasn’t feeling well now😅 I turned my pedestal fan on high as it’s always been on low BTW and I added my other pedestal fan in the room to help circulate air better as it’s 84f and climbing outside RN. I checked and the tent is at 86f. The house says it’s 80f in here. I’ll head out to grab the clip on fans in a bit and install them tomorrow morning. Tonight if it’s still this hot after I get them. If I knew I was going to be feeling unwell today I’d have gone last night to grab them and I probably wouldn’t be seeing my tent 6f higher than room temp and 2f higher than outside.

1 Like

I peeked in the tent and I’m at 79f now. 1f less than room temp now. If this weather keeps up I’ll go back to opening windows for air circulation as the room the tent is in got really stuffy today. I think part if my issues is the room the tent is in has poor air circulation with the windows closed.

The AC sadly no longer works and just turns on. Not even the fan works, so I think that’s my cue to get a new one when I can afford to get one. Until then I may have to go old school and pop out the ice bowl under a fan. I’m about to head out now and grab those fans. I’ll be interrupting the night cycle going in, but Zelda doesn’t look very happy after that heat wave today. Very sad and wilted. Soon girl. Soon.

New fans in the tent. I stuck my hand in the middle of Zelda and felt a gentle breeze. I am sure I have to adjust the position of the fans, but for now they’re doing good where they are. The only problem I have with the fans I got is that they’re short. Something mechanical I can solve once I grab a connector to extend them out at a more reasonable angle.

I’ll get better ones later and use those around my house during the summer to keep cool most likely though. @MomOnTheRun recommended some I’ve been eyeing on Amazon funny enough reinforcing my decision on them obviously :joy:

I went to my local Walgreens and they only had 5" fans that would have worked better, but they were black and not white and also all plastic. At least these are metal guards. I got these at CVS and they’re pretty sturdy feeling plastic where it has any.

Sorry no pics as I was trying to keep them asleep going in this late.it was stuffy in the tent going in and I had to open 2 doors fully to cycle it out back to fresh air. I think I need to figure out that vent better. With my AC broken I’m considering a false AC back to vent the exhaust out and that would also tuck the tent in a corner area away from windows making it visible too. Currently it’s pointed at my heating vents intake/passive vent grate. It’s interesting how it works. I can see the grow room from my living room and when I turn the heat on it has a suction from there. I have no clue how it works at all😅

Zelda looks very sad. I think it’s time to call it and harvest her whether I’m ready or not. In the morning I’ll work on wet trimming her as I’m 100% not comfortable leaving those on her as she dries. She forced me to use the same method I’m using on Tulip drying in a paper bag. So far the longest dry I’ve had too, so I’m not sure if it’s a bad thing in my environment to dry like this. I wish I could hang her to dry, but I don’t trust I’ll do it right. Though I have the next 3 days off work, so I’ll have time to do whatever I decide in the end with her. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do with Zelda? I have limited space to dry in. I planned on doing it in the tent hanging them in the dark, but plans didn’t go accordingly.

3 Likes

For the moment I’m pulling off and dead leaves. Dying leaves next. Then on to any leaves touching other leaves.

Took me an hour to get only just the dead ones first😅 I swear I keep finding a dead crispy shriveled one when I check each time😅

Trimming Zelda will be a nightmare :sweat_smile: trim jail isn’t strong enough. Trim hell?

3 Likes

Zelda’s back on the tent for now. I got tired of pruning and she honestly looks pretty good RN as is without the dead hanging on her.

All the pruned off leaves😅

Now I want to know if lens blur on my phone is able to take a picture of the plants too. It gives auto focus only as a choice, so it’d be a hps yellow glow on everything if o tried it in the tent. Believe it or not my first lens blur mode picture is this one here
Lens blur

Without lens blur

While pruning Zelda she got as much direct sunlight as I could give her in that area. If I have an area like this in my new place I’ll probably be growing regular plants all over to have something to fuss over letting me LITFA the tent easier.

4 Likes

Everyone looks happy. That potato is huge! I’ve never grown any before it’s a cool looking plant.

2 Likes

Yeah that shocked me too. Last I checked young ones aren’t normally this thick. Those are the stalls from the whole potato I planted. The one from the slider of potato is so skinny it looks sick by comparison. It is the darker one out of the 2 and that’s all it has going for it😅

I haven’t taken today’s pics of them. They grow fast like cannabis and I love it!:heart:

1 Like

These potatoes don’t even look like the same type😅

3 Likes

Well that’s it, I’m gonna have to grow a potato this year. I’m also gonna do watermelon for the first time, it’s apparently super easy to grow.

2 Likes

Potatoes are stress free. Get a potato bag and toss a whole potato in as the seed. Grab a organic potato from a farmers market or something and let it grow eyes. Make sure the eyes get some sun and they’ll grow then after they’re about 3" long they’re ready to plant shallow. 4" above the top of the eyes. Make sure they’re not too deep or they won’t get the light they need to grow and poke out of the soil. Don’t fill the bag either. Plant it 4-6" above the bottom of the bag. Cover up the stems as they grow out. I have to look up info on methods on that and if you just bury them or strip leaves first before burying them. The potatoes are ready to harvest when the leaves die. With a potato bag you can harvest them as you please while it grows.

Watermelon you just have to make sure it gets it’s water needs met and pests will be a issue with most plants that grow on the ground like that.

2 Likes

Good stuff, thanks for the tips!

1 Like

Last pics for the day. I adjusted the fans around a little and the pedestal fan is on low level with the plants now. 1 clip on is between the canopy and the lights. The other clip on is opposite the pedestal fan and pointed at Zelda’s soil up towards the canopy. Everyone is gently swaying and leaves aren’t shaking in the wind. I checked on them after I closed the tent and they all look pretty happy :blush:

Zelda seems to look better now. Not just the fact that her dead leaves are gone and that nagging feeling is gone, but it looks like she rose some tops up to the light. I raised her heavy branch up at a angle now and maybe that’s part of it. Maybe it’s the increased airflow. Whatever the case she looks like she enjoyed her haircut and break form the tent.

I opened the window in there to add some fresh air inside and the fan in the room is on high to make sure the air is cycling in there. It’s a open window day anyways.

5 Likes

Getting there :thumbsup: , just need to get the floor and the other pots tops cleaned up and you will be looking good to prevent any mold issues, that and some trays and you should be set.

Then we can work on lowering your lights as intensity is an inverse law vs distance, so an object that is twice as far away from a light source will receive 1/4 the amount of light, ignoring wall reflections and such, But can work towards maybe joining those QB’s together to create one or two bigger panels, and grouping you plants together and concentrating light over them to increase your efficiency.

Something to ponder…

3 Likes

I’ve been away from my house :sweat_smile: not the original plan. I’ll see if I can’t clean up today or tomorrow and check on Zelda’s trichomes. Something about how she’s behaving is telling me she has a little longer, but if she’s gone full Amber I won’t complain. She’s currently smelling like celery :joy: it’s interesting honestly :joy: I’ve been adjusting the lights an inch or so every few days and I’d say they’re closer to 14" across the board RN from the lights. They’re all frosting up nicely :ok_hand: Zelda isn’t making any more white pistils, but she is still making new trichomes and after I printed her I see her trying to grow out some leaves that didn’t get much light before. I wonder if part of what was happening was just too much neglect honestly. I was busy all month and the tiny daily maintenance of removing dead or dying leaves was basically delayed a month. That took me an hour to do and I probably didn’t get everything. I just thought she had a long enough time away from the tent and I got a lot of it. I planned on being back today to finish her haircut and give all her buds light exposure with minimal leaves to collect moisture. Though with the fans I’m not sure if that’s a concern that bad anymore. I trapped myself in the tent yesterday and I felt a breeze everywhere. I have all the fans pointing in a different direction now feeding airflow in a spiral of sorts. The pedestal fan is pointing towards the Lucky’s, the slightly above floor level fan is pointing at the Basil, and the fan between the canopy and lights is pointing to the other corner where the Lucky’s are covering all the QB with a breeze. The clip on fans are on low as I’m not sure if they can cause wind burn on high or not. The clip on fan near the floor is pointing in the area of the canopy one. The pedestal fan is pointed at the wall the floor one is getting most of it’s air from. The intake window mesh thing is going to help push the air to the floor fan and if I did what I’m thinking I created a continuous breeze in all spots of the tent in a spiral like circulation despite not having a circulation fan in there RN. If I didn’t mention it the pedestal fan broke and it doesn’t circulate anymore.

2 Likes

I’ve watered Amanda before I left. Pics are from before I watered her. The rest are being left alone. I checked Zelda’s soil and it still has moisture near the surface if I scratch at it despite pulling from the sides already. The soil did that yesterday and I knew she didn’t need water so soon. The peat in the topsoil is probably just misbehaving or something. When I harvest her I’ll use the soil from Zelda and Tulip after mixing the soil together and cover up my potato stalks.

5 Likes