Oni's 2nd grow. Continued

Sounds like your getting your circulation figured out - sounds ideal at the moment :wink: They are all so close to being done

3 Likes

I didn’t get home today in time to vacuum the floor before lights off, but in a few minutes I’ll go in and clean up. I just got home, so I thought I’d update the journal.

I lowered the lights to 12-14" from the plants and repositioned the Lucky’s to account for Penny being 9" from the light if she’s directly under the same light at 12" from Babs.

I turned the extraction fan on 75-80% yesterday before leaving and temps are stable at around 75f now and humidity is around 35% average now.

2 Likes

Zelda is looking pretty thirsty when I peeked through the window to check on the plants without going in the tent before I water today.

Amanda is at her usual straight out look without drooping or a 45° angle.

The Lucky’s are looking thirsty too. They’re drooping fan leaves, but otherwise looking good as well. I’ll be back in a little bit to water them and take pictures

I passed out last night before I could vacuum. Now that I’ve watered I’ll get the vacuum hooked up and start on the floor before I got work. Pics are from before watering to give a idea of how they responded to the watering. It does seem like they’re really thirsty now before watering day. Babs had some leaves she sucked so dry I plucked them off as even if they came back to life they’d suck more energy than they gave through photosynthesis.

Next pics I’ll have clean floor and hopefully the Lucky’s will look more lively. If I calculated correctly today is the last bloom drench day of not Sunday and plain water from here on out. @MomOnTheRun Mind reminding me if I’m in the last 2 weeks now or starting soon?

1 Like

Each got the water they wanted and I’ve vacuumed up the tent floor as best as I could for now with the reach I had on my vacuum hose.

The potatoes are finally looking like potato plants and once Zelda is harvested and the soil is mixed back up. Plans didn’t go well this week and I was away from home the whole time I had available to properly harvest. I have about 2 more hours before I leave for work, so I can go back in the tent until it’s 4 here if needed.

4 Likes

They are definitely finishing up wanting more water than nutes and look to be right on cue eating their leaves and fattening up - in the home stretch now. They could be ready for harvest as soon as next week for a 9 wk flower cycle or as late as the week of June 16th for an 11 wk flower cycle…I estimated the week of June 9th though its your call based on what you prefer for your high - note what the % of clear/milky/amber (if any) trichomes your seeing and dry one of the smaller buds for a day or 2 for a taste test :wink:

My Lucky’s need to be harvested just haven’t had time yet - maybe tonight

3 Likes

I looked at pics of Zelda and have been going by eye on her response to her haircut. She has gotten a little bit bigger colas since I pre-trimmed her. The Lucky’s look close to the finish line also. I just checked on the trichomes and both Lucky’s are still all clear heads with no Amber yet. I checked lowers and tops both. Zelda is finally cloudy with a rare Amber head. About 1-2 Amber heads per section my scope can see at 60x. It can’t go lower, so I’ll be getting a new scope later on for next grow as this scope is annoying to use.

So far it looks like Zelda will finish first with the Lucky’s bot far behind.

I like my CBN actually. It helps my issues to not pop up as frequently. Thankfully CBN is an antipsychotic. I’ll probably let Zelda get as far into Amber as I can while I wait for the Lucky’s to finish. Since she’s bulked up the colas a little more since I trimmed her and if she has anything left in her to show me I’ll see it by the time I have to harvest her. The Lucky’s I’ll let get to the point where they’ll peak out on taste before they lose it all to the taste of CBN :sweat_smile: I’ll let them go full cloudy with a little Amber before I chop them.

Depending on what the heads look like tomorrow morning I may harvest tomorrow morning. Zelda develops pretty quickly and the Amber heads she had before mostly got swallowed by the new growth that is now looking cloudy heads with next to no Amber ones left. I’ve been checking her tops only so far as I’m too unbalanced trying to get a good angle on the lowers. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

After giving them time to drink and drain I gave Zelda more water and made note of when runoff happened. No runoff until I gave her a gallon of water. 5-10% runoff at best came off. I can be sure that her soil doesn’t have any dry pockets now and hopefully any excess nutrients that would make her smoke more harsh won’t be a concern.

I’m heading out to work in a half hour, so I’ll have just enough time to take pictures before I head out after they’re finished draining.

Funny enough I haven’t watered the garlic pot at all. It’s been sponging up any water that finds its way to it.

Temps have been stable at around 75-77f with the windows closed and the vent pointed in my bedroom for now. It’s nice in there with the room fan outside of the tent keeping the air from getting stuffy. It’s pointed at the back of the tent along the sides pointed upwards towards the ceiling. With the passive intake being opposite to the fan and the exhaust being on the same side, but in another room it shouldn’t be a huge concern for circulation anymore. I hope😅 the air doesn’t feel stale and stuffy anymore.

Okay so I’ve learned a few things after making notes for the first time in awhile past a glance. I’ve noticed Zelda is still growing out her tops. The tips of each cola are growing new tips still. That’s interesting and I’m not sure what that means if anything. It explains why she looks not just fatter colas and also longer too. As she actually is getting longer and thicker colas without stretching. She’s doing it with new growth instead of making the new ones longer outside of what she needs to catch as much light as she’s wanting. I’m not seeing signs of light burn or deficiency’s past the general fading as she’s nearing the end. I can see she’s made herself kind of bushy again after I took most of the leaves that were dying and taking up space out. The energy got spent on new leaf and bud growth instead of dealing with the old leaves.

It doesn’t look like any dry patches have shown up on the surface yet that seem hydrophobic.

Also Zelda seems to be pretty happy with the water, so I’m wondering if I should have been watering in a 2 stage system before. I’ll see how they are tomorrow morning. Here’s the pics I just took.

3 Likes

They all look pretty good today. IDK why, but I slept in so I don’t have time to check on them past going in for pics. I’ll see what the trichomes are tomorrow.

3 Likes

Sorry for blurry pics. I don’t have time for anything else. Off to work

2 Likes

I decided that to be safe I’d cut the bloom fertilizer and water with plain water from now on just in case they had only another 2 weeks in them. They’re starting to purple on the lower leaves now. Lucky’s have been finished watering and Zelda still needs another hour or so to drink before she’s ready to finish watering. With all the fans pointed at he soil it definitely dries out fast on the outside at least. I checked with my scope and the Lucky’s are still cloudy and no Amber I could find yet. Zelda has lost almost all the Amber as well and that’s odd. I couldn’t find any when I looked all over her buds. I know they’re all getting another wave of fattening buds, so maybe it’s that IDK.

Zelda is most likely being harvested tomorrow. Her leaf death is my sign that it’s time. Nothing is stopping it and I’m not giving her nitrogen to help keep her alive longer. She’s made a lot of bud and did more than an amazing job with what I did to her this whole time. Tulip only gave me 14g after drying, so with how little she gave me I’m excited to see what Zelda will give. That one cola looks like it’s easily 30g after drying if not more. My friends think it’ll be a QP branch LoL. I doubt it. It’ll be cool if I get a pound off her, but I’m not really expecting that much. 300g area yeah maybe, but not much more than that best case imo :sweat_smile: I’m honestly expecting around 150-200g off her realistically.

I have to work later, but I don’t have the time to process Zelda RN. Tomorrow when I take her out to trim off dead leaves I’ll look at her trichomes to see what the ratio I can workout is to see what I can expect from her. Her lowers are pretty much the only things getting fatter now. After waking up a bit more while I post this I realized that she’s at the stage where she grows a new tip on top of the colas each day or so and the rest of the energy is being spent on lowers. Would it be bad if I partial harvested her if that’s what’s happening? I could remove her branches that are finished and let her lowers keep going with the Lucky’s if it won’t stall her too long to do that. It should allow me to lower the lights too fir the Lucky’s and the now lower canopy on Zelda should I do that.

@MomOnTheRunwhat do you think? I’m reserved to chop her and hang her to dry tomorrow after trimming dead and dying leaves off

2 Likes

While waiting for the 2nd watering of Zelda to take effect I processed Tulip’s soil and holy crap her Taproot was small for such a big plant😅

That’s tiny!:expressionless: How did she get as big as she did? I’ll have to check Zelda after harvest also. The pot was absolutely filled with smaller roots. The yeild was small because I stunted her at the end and cut her down when she was still making new white hairs. You’d never know based off her bud in the jar. Though I had trimmed her a little too much I think​:sweat_smile:

I mixed up that soil and there were dry pockets all over. Once I worked it all together it was good again and felt really nice. I cover the potato stalks with the soil and I called it on Bugs. He’s gone zombie and is between life and death now. Makes sense as it’s about time for him to die anyways. Johnny on the other hand looks really good still and I popped them in the soil as I haven’t had the time to go out back lately to deal with them. Too much LITFA. Though despite the standing water Johnny is happy with it’s life😅 let’s see how long until he finishes and it’s just a potato in that pot now. Plus any plants that find a way to live and pop back out. Otherwise they’re being used as a way to feed the soil some rooting hormones from seedlings that got buried and decomposed hopefully. I watered the container afterwards to finish the burying of the stalks. Hopefully I didn’t do it too late, but they only just started to make the true leaves anyways.

In another hour I’ll take the last pics in the tent and leave them alone until I pull Zelda out tomorrow.

4 Likes

Whelp, Zelda looks like a great candidate to harvest in 2 stages…remove the large cola’s and let the lower ones mature a bit longer though i’d do it all at once for a nice mix coming out of the jar. Either way works :wink:

Lucky’s are still looking great…Tulips main root looks like a decent size though doesn’t look like much as she probably produced more feeder and water roots anchoring herself in the pot so when you ripped it out, most of the roots stayed behind as I see several places where the roots are torn from pulling

2 Likes

I’m thinking of harvesting the Lucky’s tomorrow with Zelda and hanging them in the tent to dry in the dark.

@MomOnTheRun what do you think?

Edit: I’m asking as I saw they were all cloudy and thinking of it the smell was so intense that with open windows in the house it reeked for about an hour after going in the tent. I don’t want to harvest them too soon though and Zelda may need to be a wet trim and paper bag method like Tulip as it took a long time to dry the way it was with her tiny buds. I can dry whole stem too, but with her leaves dying like that I don’t want to risk anything doing something bad. Better safe than sorry.

I Never posted this before work.:sweat_smile:

I see see vibrant green growth pop out every time I water Zelda. I find it odd as she’s trying to die😅

Penny

2 Likes

Depending on how I end up harvesting Zelda I’ll either have longer in the tent or all at once. Less extreme trim job than I did with Tulip. :sweat_smile:

She still needs longer to cure. I got a shrooms like smell off her today and the taste was like eugenol, black pepper, and pine. Heavy on the pine. Kinda spicy though. Made my lips feel like when I smoke menthols. Nothing really on the tongue past a savoury taste. IDK maybe garlic. If it’s not in your face Strong it’s hard for me to spot garlic today. I ate a lot of it.

4 Likes

Ultimately its up to you when you think they are done…i’d wait a week then harvest as they are still fattening up. Speaking of, I really need to harvest mine just keep missing when lights are on in there to pull them out so the mid flower ones aren’t interrupted and didn’t think of it last watering day ahh well its how it goes sometimes

1 Like

Yeah it’s the same with Zelda. I meant to harvest her last week, but life got in the way and I wasn’t home for 3 days basically.

Okay I’ll wait on the Lucky’s. Zelda seems like she may be a wet trim anyways.

1 Like

Zelda has been pulled and all lights have been adjusted to the same level. Only the cob light stayed higher. I lowered it as well. It makes some intense heat for the first 6" or so away from the diodes. The light itself runs cool though. Almost cold to the touch. Room temperature at the highest though.

Lucky’s moved to the center to get the most light.

I’ll work on getting the supplies for the next grow next week. I can’t believe it’s already June :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This post will be updated as I harvest and take mini breaks between branches.

Trim jail​:sweat_smile: that’s a lower I snapped off while trying to pull off dying leaves. Going slowly as I’m starting to feel overwhelmed with all the work ahead of me :persevere:

That heavy branch was definitely heavy for a reason :heart: that was almost all one single bud on the half a branch I cut off to start​:sweat_smile:

One of the tops was a little airy, but otherwise not that bad. He’ll to trim though. I expect to have to do more after drying.

So much bud!:heart: I’m only 3 tops down. I cut 2 of the branches off halfway to start working on her. 10% down. 90% to go​:sweat_smile:

So much on each branch to trim.

4 tops down. Most of the plant to go😅

Finally finished the bigger colas😅

:sob:

Finished for today. I have plans at 4 and that just decided on the 2 stage harvest thing. Also I was going crazy. My shears need a cleaning too😅

I’m going to zone out now. All the terpenes have me soaring RN.

13 Likes