Oni's 2nd grow. Continued

That’s the root ball?! Wow.

1 Like

Yeah that pot is awful for indoor plants it feels like.
Oh yeah she did have a network of offshoot roots, but very little ripped on the way out. I took them off before the trim, but there was about 8 of them about an inch long

1 Like

Smoke test on the trim is finished and it was spicy, sweet, skunky, pine, fruity leaning on Apple cider, and the chocolate has swapped to a mild note. Lingering spicy after taste like she made capsaicin or something like that

Zelda has been trained again and I screwed up and hst her instead of lst oops. She’ll heal and I have plenty of time before the flip to flower

Group Shots

2 Likes

Still strange to look at Zelda. She’s not seeming to be bothered too deeply about the snaps in the base of the top’s stems.

Zeman lights have been removed and plants have all been rearranged for better light distribution. The canopy is now the same height finally. I’ll train GSC later on today. Soil finally is behaving more normal and not drying out completely to dirt in a few hours. The zmeans are way too hot to use like I did.

I watered the topsoil on each pot. Not much water. Just enough to water the surface as it was getting pale and the clover could use the water.

Now for show not tell

Zelda

GSC

Daisey

Midna

Group Shots

Hygrometer

1 Like

Oh yeah I measured the distance from the lights. Midna is 36" and the rest are at 22"

They seem to like the distance they’re at now. No one is stretching and Midna is looking much better now. Also nice and fat leaves even if one didn’t split right. :sweat_smile: Her first set of fan leaves are growing out now.

Now that I’m not seeing the pots dry so fast I can’t water them before they dry out let’s see how the soil is. Could finally improve for the better. It’s almost time to add fish fertilizer and the acid loving dry fertilizer. Next watering it’ll be around a month since they got them mixed in the soil. I’ll make a tea from them to mix in the water for next feeding. The mash I can put in the soil im not using outside of the tent.

I’m finally nearing the finish line and by the time I end up harvesting with the lucky 7s it’ll be around my birthday finally, so when they finish curing I’ll have a fun day and eat anything in sight as often as possible. There has to be a point my metabolism will give in and not give me this scrawny body. My only saving Grace is apparently once I started to eat again I got ripped somehow. I don’t work out really, so it’s not making sense to me unless my muscles atrophied and that’s what I’m seeing as they come back. Depressed rant over. I’m going to find some food to eat somewhere. Otherwise I’m stuck with ramen for awhile.

Delayed Lights on update. Internet has been down all day. Still down. Using data to update.
Soil was receding from the edges of the pot so I sprayed the soil with very little water. Apparently it was too much as Zelda is looking clawed up now. It’s that or I revived the soil to the point she got a nitrogen overload, but I don’t remember enough about soil biology to say anything is for certain RN.

Aside from that I lowered the lights to 18" exactly from the canopy and the seedling pots are on the soil tops there to get more light once they pop. They may help the soil stay more moist too who knows :sweat_smile: terracotta colored plastic pot has only basil and clover in it. I figured why not and some seem to have already popped oddly enough LoL

Zelda

GSC

Daisey pics bad quality. Phone won’t take shots in focus on her. Trichomes are heavy on her RN and it’s probably making it blurry with my phone failing and always inconveniently in low memory when I need the shots. I’m going to add a morning update for her for better pics.

Midna

Zelda RN

I’m tired now and going to bed.

Edit: I had enough energy to move Midna to the spot on Zelda’s soil that will give her 18" from the lights too. She’s tall enough to be at canopy height RN :smiley:

1 Like

i believe zelda will bounce back again with some litfa

1 Like

That was the plan. Spray some water on the topsoil when needed, but otherwise she’s not getting any more “help” from me while she’s recovering. I have a lot of time to watch them and how they behave. Long grows are educational for me. I get used to how the plants respond to things and with multiple different genetics I’ll eventually notice a universal rule with slight bends for certain types.

3 new seedlings have popped. 2 left. All moved around the tent for better distance to the lights.
Only change to the environment I’ve done is move the location of the humidifier outside of the tent to behind the tent instead of near the intake hole. All the steam was going straight in the tent and not in the room the tent is in. Let’s see if it helps.

Here’s today’s pics.

Zelda

GSC

Daisey

Midna

Lucky 7s

Hygrometer

1 Like

i meant to ask have you been keeping up with the temps your soil is at?

1 Like

I have not, but my control of that is zero😅
I can check in a minute once I find my temp gun

Morning update
Zelda grew 1" as she’s now at 17" from the lights and also she really looks like she’s trying to enter flower. Interesting :sweat_smile: let’s see what happens. I’m pretty sure that shouldn’t be happening though anyways. As cool as it would be the odds that any photo used in the cross of blue Zkittlez line would include any of the autoflowering landrace and even if it did I really doubt that would allow a autoflowering photo auto cross even if it had the genetics for it from a plant deep down it’s line.
On another note I might give Zelda a 15 gallon if she fills this pot out like she’s wanting to.
I did a stem rub and the main stem just smells like tomatoes and the stem on the tops smell like skunky candy rn. I was drooling after. It wasn’t super strong to my nose, but daisey is making it hard time tell who has what smell.

The GSC isn’t getting any taller anymore her top is also seemingly stuck at where it was a few days ago too. I’d guess she’s bushing up now that she’s hit the bottom of her pot. Looking like I’ll have to get more soil again to give her a 7 gallon pot to spread her roots. By the time she’s settled in it’ll be nearly time for 12/12 if I do it in the next week.

Daisey is fattening up nicely and starting to show a red/purple color on her sugarleaf tips and edges. She’s been showing a little bit the last couple of days, but now it looks like she’s officially started to near the end showing her colors😍 she’s making so many trichomes it’s amazing and smells so strong just like Diana was, so I may have managed to get a second Divyder phenotype with her too. Diana has the best taste and smell. Perfect if you want to smoke indoors and not get caught smoking weed and don’t want to comprise the quality

Midna is working on her sets of fan leaves now, so once I get her in a bigger pot she should be happier. I’m waiting to see roots on the bottom of the pot before I get a transplant date down.

Now for the pictures:

Zelda

GSC

Daisey

Midna

Group

Hygrometer

Hygrometer 1hr after lights on

1 Like

I took my soil temps and it’s 72f average on all except Zelda who’s at 80f and 73f on the outside of the pot near the bottom. If I had enough room I’d be able to use her as a seedling mat lol.

That stem rub I did on her is absolutely amazing

lol sure could only accept you have root trying to get to her soil. and on the stem rub was she sweet or stink or stench or musk funk or itchy nose smell

1 Like

Sweet, skunky, sour, and savoury (something like vanilla) are the current smells I get rn. She’s not giving off much terps rn until I move her around a bit. Midna though seems to be a strong sweet skunk rn. I’m not 100% on exactly what you asked me, but I answered to the best of my tired brains ability. I got stuck awake while my brain has left the building.

Zelda is looking both overwatered and underwatered. I’ll add pics once I get my morning update ready. With he leaves drooping straight down I’m seeing overwatering and with the stems also drooping it’s looking under. I stuck my finger in the soil and I got a the way down to the base before I felt any moisture. The humidity in the tent was way too low, so I opened the tent door for a bit. 16% and wouldn’t climb up any higher at all. It was 16% Rh when I took my last pics for the lucky 7s last night. All the soil has been very dry after a few minutes after spraying the surface of the pots. I haven’t done anything to Zelda to see what’s going on with her, but I think the environment is getting to her😅

hygrometer before moving

Hygrometer immediately after moving

Hygrometer 10 minutes after moving

Zelda

GSC

Daisey

Midna

Basil seedlings

1 Like

hey the mother smelled just like vanilla and caramel

1 Like

I think the Platinum glue has taken the primary terpene production in the ones I’ve popped so far. We’ll see with Midna. I generally seem to get a decent skunk expression in my environment for whatever reason. My dad would he proud. His favorite strain is Skunk #1 as he used to grow it back in the day and it was the only 1lb per plant he ever got.