Oni's 2nd grow. Continued

I sprayed the surface of all plants except Zelda.
Midna got a spray on her surface. I may have to distance her from the lights as she’s looking heat stressed getting all wrinkly. I gave her some water and sprayed her top and bottom leaves.

GSC I have to figure out training on as she’s pretty Woody now all over and pretty cemented in that bushy shape. She’s incredibly skunky. Like nose burning strong.

Zelda needs some kinda something, but with both overwatering and underwatering symptoms while also showing clawing tops. She’s starting to work on her terpenes now though. She’s had a strong vegetation smell pretty much only for awhile, but now she’s starting to smell like candy when I rub the stems near the tops. Speaking of I counted and she has 12 branches in total. If I’m lucky it’ll be more than 4 tops, but I’ll take 4 tops and a bunch of small bits to pack as is in a onehitter.

Daisey is getting insanely frosty now and I love it!:heart_eyes:
The dry environment though may be a big factor or not. I haven’t changed her watering amount until recently when I dropped the frequency and she started to look a little unhappy.

Environment still way too dry and the soil has been hating me. I’m trying to get the clover to establish, but it’s just not able to retain enough moisture in the soil when it’s 16% humidity. Ah well. I just have to water more often if it’s arid, but just the topsoil with a spray bottle and go from there depending on how they react.

1 Like

Zelda

GSC

Daisey

Midna

Group

Hygrometer

I think I managed to find a good spot for everyone while they grow out. Zelda just wants to take over anyways, so I gave her the opportunity to do so.

I checked her pot weight and her soil moisture to be safe. Not watering would just be bad at this point. The girls got a feed of 1tsp grow big, 4g megacrop, and a teaspoon of fish fertilizer as it’s the monthly feed time to 1 gallon of water. After the soil had time to settle I added plain water to the top to get the soil saturated. My thoughts were correct. Last time I needed 2 gallons of water split between all the pots with no runoff was last month when the soil got too dry. Midna appears to like it at least, so that’s good. Soon she’ll need a bigger pot LoL.

The tiny seedlings got straight water only. No nutes for them until the chart says so. Just spraying the soil edges 2x a day.

GSC is thickening her stem now instead of focusing on top growth. I saw she made that uneven top with 3 sections. Who thinks I should top or fim GSC or leave her alone?

Midna got a little nitrogen hungry now that she’s working on her fan leaves and I’ve only been giving her water from the tap. So far ice cold tap water seems to be the cleanest one I’ve used so far or the December water was just that bad.

Daisey is getting really fat now and those buds look better every day.

Humidity instantly improved once I watered by 10% and so far has stabilized, bit I took a hour to slowly water all the soil evenly since it appears to dry unevenly. The back of Zelda’s pot took nearly a gallon of water alone and the front took only 24oz at most before it was halfway down the pot. That sounds like it was part of my problem. I think I kept neglecting to properly water her pot now that she should be able to spread roots to all corners of the pot properly with her size. Regardless having what seems like half the soil barren might be bad😅

That’s all I have for now. If I remember anything else I’ll add it in the morning update.

Oh yeah I also put my humidifier back on high. It keeps a stable 20% humidity range. Better than 16😅

humidity/temp before watering

Zelda

GSC

Daisey

Midna

Humidity/temp after watering

After watering pics
Midna

Group Shots

2 Likes

So far so good. I was expecting to see some overwatering symptoms, but it seems I may have severely underwatered Zelda :sweat_smile: oops. Good thing I gave her a gallon of water :sweat_smile:

No plants had any runoff at all. Soil is very slowly turning back from hydrophobic and the soil is properly accepting of water again

Sorry for bad quality pics. In a rush to get out the door fast this morning. I’ll be back this afternoon to give the babies a surface spray.

Zelda

GSC

Daisey

Midna

Group Shots

Hygrometer

Late update. Been gone for a bit. The plants could use some LITFA anyways.

I checked the soil on Zelda and it’s now feeling more like it’s time to water in the morning maybe. Depends on her soil after I stick my finger in as it had moisture, but it felt like soil after you buy it from the store before you add any water to activate it. The top soil looks much better though for being 25 hours since her last watering finished. Usually it’s dry as a bone and I’m hitting my head against a wall trying to figure out why it’s so arid in the tent despite my efforts. I had to just be zen about it all and hope they harden off against it as nothing I do changed a thing this whole 3 months outside of turning the filter off entirely and only then would the environment become what they wanted. I couldn’t use a humidifier though or I’d reach 95-98% humidity levels even on low. The struggle is real.

Now I’m at the point where I’ll raise and lower the lights as needed, but the humidifier is in my room now. I need it more than them and they won’t make use of the damn thing fast enough to make it not a waste of time and money. Even on low the 6" fan extracts too much humidity and not enough heat. Humidity actually climbs higher if I open the tent to air out. Noticably higher ranging from 2% on the worst days to 10% difference. It’s a big change that makes me realize my tent isn’t setup properly if I’m seeing this. How can I reduce the efficiency of the fan without risking breaking it? Also if I were to add a intake fan/filter system I’d be seeing the same if not worse issues from the double filter. How do you all Manage to get the humidity not to all leave the tent faster than the leaves can transpire?

Zelda

GSC

Daisey

Midna

Hygrometer

1 Like

I decided to use the 1 gallon cursed pot. The quality from it has always been fine, but the size was too much for them at the stage they were in. Now that they do better in a pot I’ll give them the 3 gallon upgrade for flower. Maybe sooner, but I doubt it.

I made a border around the edge with the clover that has been growing in the soil. The soil I took them from was way to barren. Completely dry. :sweat_smile: Only where clover roots were had any moisture. That’s pretty much what I’ve been dealing with on everything though. I can’t explain this at all. Maybe I’m just poison to soil or I somehow make it dry too fast. There’s not that much sand in there though. I’ll get it figured out. I’m making it a game now to keep it disconnected from emotions or I’ll eventually freak out with it wearing me thin. At least I can put a game down. OCD is ruthless otherwise. It must know everything. Anything I can feed it like a gremlin.:sweat_smile:

Everyone has been taken care of for the moment. I have to boil more water to pasteurize the tap water going into the garden. If I’m using tap I’ll kill off the worst ones and leave any good left in it. It at least grows plants just fine as is for years no nutrients at all.

Midna got a covering of dry soil and a splash of water. I’ll be spraying the surface later in the day. I soaked her pot from the bottom and it just purged water after and I mixed it all up before adding Midna to the mix. I added a little frass to the soil before mixing and almost mixed in a mealworm :sweat_smile: gotta keep them in the bag not in the soil.

Zelda is looking thirsty, but I’ll be keeping an eye on her today to be sure. No use jumping the gun and if she is underwatered I’ll know by lights off or so.

GSC I’m just at a loss on. She just seems stuck in the same spot. She’s getting bushy, but her leaves are gaining a amazing texture. Raised up at each serration. A lot more surface area this way, so if she keeps it I’ll like it personally if it’s not a bad thing.
On a better note though I’ve decided on a name for GSC: Tulip. Named for her calyx shape like a almost opened tulip. Just a coiled petal in a cone and it’s so pretty, but too small for pics RN.

Daisey is just maturing now. No special news that comes to mind. Just getting bigger.

New seedlings are working on growing up and catching up fast. All plants are now 18" from the lights. Midna has been loving being that close, so she what’s to stay and if she needs more light she’ll go back in that area.

Now for the pics

Zelda

Tulip

Daisey

Midna

Hygrometer

I moved it back to it’s spot under Zelda

I’m tired and want to sleep now

1 Like

Woke up to check on the girls. Humidity could be better, but they don’t appear to hate it. All I can think of is the song Do you want a Taco?!?!?! now looking at Midna :sweat_smile: it’s stuck in my head now. It’s not the best song, but damn if it’s not catchy if you like metal. Speaking of I’ll be adding a wireless speaker to the tent when I’m able. So far heavy metal is the genre I see the most improvement on. Girls after my heart LoL. Whenever I just crank the volume I can hear it if I go in the tent and zip it up. Overall though that tent is almost sound proof​:sweat_smile: close up the vents and you can’t hear a damn thing outside the tent even with concert level music blaring.

Zelda is showing what looks like phosphorus deficiency. Purple/black necrotic spots on the edges of a fan leaf with brown edge tips and splotchy leaves in a couple spots. A upper branch showed symptoms first and last night while I was sleeping the newest leaf did a thing. She’s definitely wanting to flower very soon.:sweat_smile:
Also I see her leaves have white tips. Too close to the lights? I know she’s nitrogen heavy rn, but I blame the dry pockets that just got moisture again spiking it too high in the end as when she went nitrogen toxic I’d just been feeding water for a bit. Girl is hungry though and I’m doing my best to listen to her needs while she’s in recovery from her tops being basically folded at a right angle at the base. I should lessen the weight on that stem a bit I think
Zelda

Tulip is focused on stretching, but otherwise she’s not doing much else RN. I should train her out soon. I have things to do today though, so it’ll have to wait. I have 20 to spend on the girls or on food. Still on the ball as I do need food and they have plenty, but they need a new bin for watering from the bottom :sweat_smile: the struggle is real today
Tulip

Daisey was moved to the seedling spot to get closer to the light without lowering any more or figuring out how to raise her. She’s 11" from the light for the last 10 hours and so far is happy. Just ignore the sloppy watering on her😅 I’m clumsy and keep getting drops of water on her leaves and not catching it soon enough. Otherwise she’s not doing bad and still has clear trichomes and next to no Amber at all. I’m not actually sure she has many cloudy ones yet either. Still have more time to watch her grow
Daisey

Midna is finally straightened up and seems to be unaffected by the transplant. Almost as if she actually liked it a lot. I must have done it at the right time. I used a scoop of transplant powder after mixing in some frass, ewc, and acid loving fertilizer and moving the soil up evenly moistened and making her hole to sit in. I broke up the rootball a bit and let it hang with a air gap since I put a square peg into a round hole. It’ll fill in eventually, but for now she’s loving it.
Midna

Hygrometer

Basil pot has been good and not needed any water still this whole time. Odd that that soil actually behaves like it should and nothing else will do the same😅

1 Like

Tired, so I’ll keep it as short as possible.
Yesterday morning I scratched in 3/4 cup of acid loving fertilizer and a tablespoon of ewc into Zelda’s topsoil and then added soil from indigo’s soil that’s been rehydrated LoL. It was so dry it was kicking up dust just trying to fold it around. Not evenly moistened at all. Probably needs compost to help bind it all.

Anyways Zelda is improving today and is looking less clawed up now. Midna loves her spot. Tulip is looking like she’s enjoying the training I gave her 2 hours before lights off. It’s not complete, but she’s more spread out now. Should hopefully help. Daisey is leaning the tip of the bud over while otherwise being fine and upright. Might be my fault. I keep knocking her around by accident and may arm keeps landing on her tip and sticking to it while I’m working in the tent. Her trichomes are still clear and mostly cloudy. I’ll be letting her go all the way to the end when her trichomes are around 80% Amber. I prefer my complete profile always not only THC

Zelda

Tulip

Daisey

Midna

Hygrometer

3 Likes

Watering day for Zelda at least if no one else. Agreed?

She’s looking thirsty. @ModicumGenes @MomOnTheRun @Northern_Loki @ReikoX @toastyjakes and anyone else who I didn’t tag who has input, but that’s already a lot of people. Underwatered or sick?

3 Likes

If she feels light, water her… Looks super thirsty

3 Likes

I’m boiling water now to dechlorinate and once it’s at the right temperature I’ll give her some water. I watered her fairly heavily on Wednesday too😅

2 Likes

So yeah… it seems about right for pot size and plant size… Seems yesterday she was thirsty, today shes wilting…

You’re organic right?

3 Likes

As close as I can manage. There is some of my old soil mixed in, but fox farm ocean Forest and happy frog potting soil 50:50 is what I’m using. I do use grow big too though, so not 100% organic

2 Likes

Right… so yeah… Just give her water first… Not a full watering maybe 25% and let her perk back up before you add the nute and feed

That way she isn’t pulling feed water directly into herself as she’s going to drink like made to put the leaves back up

2 Likes

What toasty says, looking thirsty.

Should perk-up rather quickly under lights after giving them some water.

2 Likes