Oni's 2nd grow. Continued

Lucky 7 have both been dried fully finally and felt absolutely perfect on every stem. They’re so strong smelling that my mother had to immediately back her head away from the jar after cracking it open. Both are different phenotypes. Penny was a intense skunk, pine, and citrus smell. Extremely well balanced smell profile. Nothing is fighting with another smell for dominance. Babs is a sweet fruity phenotype. Close to a almost aspartame smell or something like an artificial sweetener. Apparently my mother’s nose for weed is as refined as mine is as once I mentioned double bubble bubblegum she immediately said yes in the loudest voice. Apparently I was spot on on Babs for her smell and she kept it on the end :green_heart:.

4 Likes

The last of Zelda is drying now. @ModicumGenes the Blue Zkittlez is showing on her buds for sure. They’re a nice blue color.

6 Likes

Lovely colour on those buds mate.

2 Likes

I think so too :green_heart: I couldn’t be happier with the results this grow. It’ll last me until the next one with my oil helping me to use my bud as needed instead of my all day smoke.

I rolled some of penny and Zelda together. She didn’t smell green anymore at all.

3 Likes

Funny I’ve same tray just bigger version and I use same papers if it ain’t elements it’s OCB :rofl: I do get lazy n buy tips myself but I like making my own roaches otherwise them pre rolls allow shit to fly through. Anyway happy toking :dash::+1:

3 Likes

wow that is a pretty nice expression of blue. :eyes:. also a great job. most don’t make it to a finished product be it by bugs or mites bad water or to much everything. i have enjoyed watching the whole way. if i must say if i learned anything i learned that zelda is a fighter. she made and held alot of weight. also produced alot with such small rootball. so if i would make a change from i would only add a bit more root vigor…but thank you for taking the time to grow this for learning and observation purposes for me

4 Likes

No problem at all​:green_heart: :blush: I noticed that Zelda had extremely strong root vigour. I limited it I know now with all the clover. Too much of it suppressed the main growth. I saw her roots grow insanely fast. The males would grow at such a fast rate it would sound like I’m lying if I didn’t make records of it. If they make even faster growth I’ll definitely want to try growing those too. I couldn’t be more impressed with your work

3 Likes

Oh yeah Zelda tasted like a sweet orange with some black liquorice in the background. Some tea notes too. I can’t wait to try her once the blue buds finish drying and curing! :green_heart:

The initial smoke test on the Lucky’s went really well. About to do another one now with my friends who can be an extra set of taste buds.

Now for the real test. The buds are so sticky and resinous that I thought the buds were still too wet to cure, but when I cracked it open it was so frosty and sticky like it was glued together with oil. If I had a press I’d try a small bud to see the yield it’ll give. @ReikoX I’d imagine with how sticky it is it would make great rosin. My mother said it was like pine sap with how hard to get off your fingers it is.

3 Likes

The smoke test went really well. I got the sweats😂 I might work on investing in a vaporizer for the flowers I’ll be growing if the bid quality continues like this. Strong vertigo and a strong pain relieving effect. They definitely started curing in the bag. Nice white Ash and very smooth smoke. Babs is very sweet and Citrus like juicy fruit. Penny is a skunk, funk, pine, citrus, savoury, sweet, and floral.

I’m so glad my sense of taste came back. Zelda is a sweet orange, liquorice, and tea flavor. I wonder what her other buds will taste like.

Lucky’s on the left and Zelda on the right. After smoking enough I was able to consolidate into 1 jar. Letting the boveda finish the buds below it properly. The ones above it are cured now and smell amazing.

2 Likes

Zelda is officially dried and despite the heat it didn’t appear to alter much of anything. That shellfish smell I could smell in tge drying stage that went on and of at times was there today as well. It’s curing day, so all of them got snipped off and placed in a jar together. 32oz jar full.

The last post will be about Amanda as I finally finish off the thread. It’s harvest day Today now that I have the time and energy to do it.

10 Likes

That looks lovely mate congratulations!! :wink:

3 Likes

Final post for the grow at least as far as growing.

Amanda is finally chopped and in the bag. Now my mint plants can get a new home :grin: kiwi strawberry mojito mint that tastes scary exactly like it says :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

May as well toss the potatoes in here too. No more plants left from this grow left now. The heatwave caused an early harvest on the potatoes.

Not the biggest harvest, but once I feel up to making breakfast ill eat some and report back on how they taste if anything different from store-bought at least

7 Likes

The potatoes tasted absolutely amazing :heart_eyes:
A little like apples from the store actually. Mildly sweet, a little like cinnamon, a little tart like citrus, and when fried in a pan sugars were released and they caramelized on the pan.

The potatoes also tasted like a Yukon gold and not the organic russet it came from. Absolutely amazing and I’ll grow them again in a potato bag next time.

3 Likes