Oozle's Indoor: Dragon Temple (Doc D), Pinball Wizard (Bodhi), Cherry Chem Soda F2's (Jaws)

I harvested the Dragon Temples this morning F76. They finished up faster than I anticipated. I started to see some amber a 3-4 days ago and yesterday saw amber with every scope, so probably 3-5% amber… +/- 5% lol… I normally whole plant hang, but I had so many yo-yos and zip ties keeping the buds up, it was much easier to hang by branch.

This bud is from the back plant (Tall one) and it was the one that grew into the light. I used a plant yo-yo in the middle of the bud to train it away from the light and it grew cool looking. A little bleached.
The back plant made the room smell like bubble gum when I was processing it, which is weird because I never got that smell the whole time.

The dry tent is getting packed. The contrast from the purplish Cherry Chem Sodas and the other plants is nice. These dragon temples make the humidity easier to keep right around 60% with all the new plant material. I’ll start trimming the others in a couple days.

I’ll probably wait at least 2 months before my smoke report. I might drop some bud shots here and there, but I like to wait before doing a smoke report. I’ve found some strains get much better 1-2+ months in… maybe it’s the cure, or my headspace, but it happens.
Thanks for following along.

11 Likes

Yayyyyy… Gotta looooove Chop Day haha.

Oh, that’s cool! One of my Silver Mountains smelled like total pink bubblegum after she dried and cured, didn’t smell like that at all while she was growing. Different genetics than the Dragon Temple, I know; I’m just sayin’… haha.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I’ve never had bubblegum tasting/smelling bud, so if it stays it will be great, but either way I will be happy.

I made it halfway through your journal on the C Gold x Dragon Energy and Bandaid Haze. Holidays are keeping me busy and off the computer haha. Excellent info so far.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, dude, I don’t expect you or anybody to read the whole thing haha. The best way to go through my threads is to just scroll until you see some pictures and read those posts and ignore the other stuff haha.

1 Like

so you veg til week 3/4 in solo cups before transplanting females - Then what week do you flip to 12/12 ? at this time ?? Know many cultivator that flip to flower at 6-8-inches _Guess this would influence the pre-flower stretch BUT - might get a smaller plant . Like to go to at least 12 inches but the most is 16 inches-- Yea ! too long for veg which an cause some flower issues but but great yields
Your Plant look great, healthy and Happy !!! -Peace

3 Likes

First of all, I just wanna say,”Keep posting, hawkman!” Any time I get an alert that you’ve posted something, I get very excited and can’t wait to read it. I wish you would post more, because I always get a big kick out of them.

If you’re asking me how long I veg for and not oozle, it’s eight weeks minimum (which is 56 days). I use solo cups and the three-inch starter pots, too. If you’re gonna use solo cups, I’d suggest poking some holes in the bottom for drainage; that’s what I do, anyway. And I don’t worry about how tall the plants get before flipping; I just wanna make sure they reach sexual maturity, which from what I’ve read takes eight weeks.

Anyway, yeah, good to see you around! Haha. Haven’t you been growing for a while? You should know some of this stuff by now, I’d think. But it’s cool if you don’t! I have a problem retaining certain information, too. Not grow stuff, but other stuff…

4 Likes

Hi @hawkman. Thanks for checking in.

Pretty much. I started flowering a little earlier then I would have liked on a couple plants, but this was my first run after a little break. I wanted to just get some bud into flower to fill my cabinet for the winter.

Either way, those Dragon Temples are vigorous and put on a lot of size in flower.
My next run I will give the plants a little longer veg time and hopefully my tent will be easier to manage.

2 Likes

Great harvest! :tractor:

How are you finding the end-product and the growing process compared to your DWC grows? Do you prefer soil at this point?

2 Likes

I ran these coco in smaller pots and that is my least favorite method… it is a lot of work and waste from the runoff. Next time I need to figure out automation for these kind of runs.

I feel like soil with a large pot is easier to get good smelling/tasting bud. I get more senescence and colors with soil, so I feel like better bud expressions. Maybe part of the problem was I was overfeeding in the DWC and maybe less feed the last 3 weeks I can get that senescence… just a thought.

DWC is still my favorite, bigger yields, clean, easy for me to manage and when it is dialed in the buds are just as or more flavorful and louder then soil. It is hard for me to run a lot of plants the way I do DWC, so soil is better for pheno hunts or just popping a lot of regular seeds. Also clones/mothers are easier for me to keep in soil vs other substrates.

Eventually I’ll go back to running some coolers… maybe this summer.

1 Like

Cherry Chem Soda F2 grow and smoke report

5 seeds popped. 4:1 female:male ratio.
I flowered out 3 females in 2 gallon coco using Remo nutrients.

It’s been 6-8 weeks since harvest.

CCS 1
71 days of flower
35 grams

This plant was average to me. Small, not super loud, nothing special in the effects.
The lack of size has more to do with the environment and where it was in the tent then genetics.
Lots of frost… high trichome density.

Smell: Hard to place but sweeter and not acrid/pungent. Interesting combo.

Effects: Some body relaxation, not much in the head or mind. Doesn’t make me sleepy. It’s ok.

CCS 2
71 days of flower
90 grams

This one was a much better plant then CCS 1. Strong grower, better smell, more potent.
Good structure, nice purplish hues in the buds.

I gave these buds out to a few buds (haha…) and they all had very positive things to say.
I watched my friend smoke a J and his eyes looked like he was permanently blinking. Heavy smoke but not sleepy unless you are already tired.

Smell: Red/dark berry. The black cherry/dark berry taste more the longer the cure. A friend said lemon cleaner/pine sol and red berry.
I disagree as I think pine sol is more musky/woody and lemon. I understand how he smells lemon cleaner because there is something else other then black/dark cherry that I can’t place and kind of has the lemon cleaner Mr. Clean smell… but not strong enough for me to make that connection.

Effects: Slows the mind and body down. Excellent for the end of the day or if you need to take a chill pill.

CCS 3
66 days of flower
165 grams

I was only planning to grow 2 of the Cherry Chem Sodas, but kept this one around and flowered it in my 3x3.
A dense thick plant with purplish buds. Beast of a plant.

I got a couple nanners week 9ish. I moved all the plants in the 3x3 to my 4x4 week 8 of flower and that pissed it off…
Possibly a small light leak end of week 8 also. We had a bad rain storm and my humidity was spiking, so I opened the tent up a bit and it’s possible I didn’t light proof it enough.

Smell: Soft berry smelling and some other smells I can’t place. Not acrid or pungent.

Effect: Calming, sedating, pain relief, muscle relaxation. Heavy on the eyes, but not sleepy. It doesn’t take a lot to feel medicated. Excellent stuff.

CCS 3 is slowly becoming my favorite, but it smokes a little harsh. So something with my feed schedule or post harvest processing…
She did have some light stress and was pissed off at the end, so maybe it is a combination of everything,

Overall, I am happy I dedicated the time and space for these plants and plan on popping some more Jaws beans in the future.

Have a good weekend!

8 Likes