Original Cali orange from early 90s

6 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes

Very simaler structure to this one

Good to see some old Cali-O seeds are still around. This strain was popular back in the day. Then it just vaporized as people grew newer stuff. I love all the old school strains.

7 Likes

Welcome to OverGrow @PanchoVilla! I should have said hello earlier.

3 Likes

Ugh. I want her in my stable so bad. I hear there are probably several cultivars out there that are just cali o renamed. Good job

1 Like

Bag seed but no she was not stable phenos were all over the place not that this has to do with stableness but 4 out of 5 were herms

I had the dutch passion version from richard at HS… its the Dam version that everybody had, stems from the Cultivotrs Choice “oragne”… Ran comm runs back in the day, so did my partner. Your photos look EXCATLY like mine and the one he had, also from DP, he got through Gypsy.
The first hybrid i made from our CBD-rich line, was with my DP cali o… I chose the cali o for flavor (obviously), but also for the 90’s style growth pattern, love the style and look… so i leaned towards the cali side for growth pattern… but even in the original f1’s i made orignally, dude, even those looked like yours…
So, IMO, you have the old Dam cali o… you got yurself a peice of history; a living legend man! Congrats!

3 Likes

I kept the seeds i had till im ready to stabalize the strain si phenos are not everywhere n try n breed some of the neg growth out ie herming ill bring it a f 3 but cant afford to do that yet

1 Like

right on…its badass to see the real deal Cali O. i’ll be following this!

1 Like

Looks like some pretty good growing Justin :sunglasses::+1::man_farmer:t2::deciduous_tree:

It was going well up to the 6 week in flower n it shot ball sacks up n down the syock n pollonated everything in my grow

That suck dude hope it all works out for yeah. But at least you’ll have plenty of beans.

I just harvested CBD critical mass with a good amount of weight great smoke getting ready to pop some 3 bears OG auto’s Dtowngrowman68 grow pic's

I wont use the herm beans

Sorry to hear that, sounds strong chance parent was herm also.

By ‘in my stable’ I meant in my collection.

1 Like

I grew this strain in my first ever attempt at a home made hydro system in the summer of 1994. It was delicious compared to the skunk 1 i ran in dirt before, i flushed them well and was a very happy hippy for a number of weeks. I’m caned on blue amnesia xxl just now but my mouth is watering with the memory of that citrus bud. Got an orange hill special about half way through flowering just now, not that strong a citrus taste if the last one is an accurate example but quite a lot more potent. It’s getting quite big in a 12L air pot with canna terra pro mix and floranova bloom.

Just took an Orange Hill Special x Hurkle down, a little late. Got some bud rot. Was very dense growth. Got pics of yours?

Have you started a thread yet?

1 Like

I havent been able to start the Cali o project its gunna take me about 3 yrs to get it stable

2 Likes