OSS 96 by fromdankestafrica

That’s what I would do.
Any recent pictures you can post?

Cheers
G

I don’t but will post this afternoon with fresh pics when light comes on.

I just put her in flower tent few days ago so hoping that I can get her healthy and ready to make flowers. No flowering just yet but excited to see the action on her begin. :blush::call_me_hand:t4:

BTW despite the pot still having some weight to it I check with my moisture gauge and it read 2-3 all the way around. So it could use a watering but I’m inclined to give it some LITFA til I hear back. :pray::call_me_hand:t4:

2 Likes

Wow! Not happy at all!

I’m sure you have checked the pH so I won’t got there.
Looks like perhaps nitrogen is getting stripped out on some lower leaves but in a couple shots it also looks like calcium def. (listless and limp).

How was the root structure when you transplanted? look normal?
I had one do the darnedest things and then die, root system was almost non existent.

That last pic showing the necrotic leaves, have a close look top and bottom of those leaves. Look to see if you see any fungi colonization in the non-necrotic zones. (I’d remove those just for ‘clean housekeeping’)

Cheers
G

1 Like

So that’s the plant from seed in the pic having issues. It’s in the original pot and now that I’m thinking a lil more is there a chance that the reason the pot is heavy is because of the roots??? Deceiving me making me think the pot has lots of water. And perhaps she is in need of nutrients. Should I top dress???

I wish I had taken a picture this morning before lights out, but she looked actually kinda happier from the watering last night. Keep in mind I had thrown 1 cup of ewc.

The cloned top transplanted well and Had great roots! :+1:
I’ll get a pic of the top later when lights on. :call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

I’m in love with top dressing with fresh EWC.

I always get that shallow watering depression around the base of my plants from hand watering. It’s perfect for leveling out with EWC and you know all the ‘good bits’ are getting to where they are needed. :+1:
When the watering depression is back… hit them again. Well, maybe not in late flower…

I’d suggest just lightly watering in your EWC & check the results. Even if it is a root issue, you should see an improvement.

Normally the plants power through veg, into flower and coast to the end.
Once in a while, you end up nursing a ‘walking wounded’ to the finish line.

Cheers
G

1 Like

I forgot my veg tent is still on :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The transplanted top. Slow to grow much vertically. 1st time making clones so I’m new to seeing how they grow and respond.

4 Likes

Just finished week 1 of flowering
Smells of New Tire Rubber and Bazooka Joe Bubblegum

5 Likes

I got exactly ‘Bazooka Joe bubblegum’ a few days back on one of my Jamaicans.
Several days later it had mutated to ‘Juicy Fruit’, and it is still slowly changing :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Ohhh juicy fruit you say!! I smoked that once and it was great!!! I loved it!!! The real juicy fruit smelled just like the yellow pack gum.

But one thing I did notice is when the branches/leaves are disturbed the smell of skunk floats in the air but it’s faint. Time will tell what she turns out to be.

How far are you from harvest?? Got any pics??

The slowest of the three is probably 1~2 wks out, the fastest is basically done.

I’ll update the log when they come down.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Those look awesome! I like their structure! How many more weeks left??

OSS 96 finishing week 2

5 Likes

@Gpaw

Here’s my attempt after all…,

She actually looks a bit better after I flushed a gal of ph’d water. She seemed to be dealing with nitrogen toxicity.

4 Likes

Your plant looks very much like a swazi plant which maybe one time got close to another skunk plant…Try do a search on growing swazi indoors. If you got this from south africa (I’m from here and currently live in south africa) its most likely swazi sold under a fake name. Guys around here used to do it all the time. Skunk / Kush was big in the states so local guys would just name their better weed after that to fool people when buying it. There’s a bunch of guys proclaiming to have skunk, kush, shiva etc. but when you grow it out its just the local bushweed. Looks to be the case here. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but swazi can still be a nice smoke. And might not be the seller of the seeds fault, they just believed the dealer back in the day

Maybe as they say it’s a small world after all. Do you know sick nick or heard of him??
He went by “fromdankestAfrica”
He seems to be MIA since June 2020.

So funny you say what you say! A friend from Canada also got beans from same source and we both agreed that his “skunk” plant looked like it had Swazi in it. Guess we were on to something.

You know what though, I really wonder now if Nick waS doing as you suggested people commonly do in SA which is rename the beans. I say all this because I stayed with a sour taste in my mouth after giving him 100$ for a 2nd order And he never sent anything As far as I’m concerned and quit communication quickly and stopped responding to his account on Strainly.io which got shut down due to his absent presence.

He could’ve gotten covid19 maybe and not made it, even his instagram just suddenly dies off? But yeah I see he listed this as being from Getafix which was an old bar / club you could buy drugs from waay back in the day. Wouldn’t be suprised if they just sold it as “skunk” to him. Skunk did make the rounds here but most of it got bred out or very watered down after successive grows and wasnt wide spread really.
But yeah looks like something must’ve happened to that Nick guy, he seems to have just dropped all forms of online coms.

Well have to let the plant do the speaking in the end.
I don’t doubt that Swazi might have got in the genetics somewhere but what really has me going is the new tire rubber smell.

Regardless of all situations, let’s just hope Nick is well.

2 Likes

Day 50

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m concerned. I sent him some seeds in June 2019, and I got them back in the mail yesterday. The sticker said they were unclaimed. I’ve been thinking he’d show up again, but I’m not so sure now.

Those plants sure look like Swazi. I just dropped 11 of Nick’s Swazi Gold today. We’ll have to see how they compare. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

2 Likes

Sadly My gut says Nick got up and left.
I made good on my end for his Rooibard, Malawi and Swazi, 1 Benji Frank down the drain… never got anything. No communication. Nothing.
But onto growing and enough complaining.
Here some communication pics to back up my words …

Must say, If this is Swazi dominant I’m wondering where the skunk smell comes from when I disturb the plant. I accidentally bumped the pot which shook the plant, as a result the smell of skunk fart filled the tent. :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:
However, stem rub or flower squeeze still puts out the new tire rubber smell with bubblegum getting sweeter and taking front and center with the smell.
I’m guessing 80-90 day plant… any input???