OTUG's Outdoor Odyssey!

just curious and try to learn here is this what your talking about?

3 Likes

I’m positive it is a seed. The normal swollen calyxes are nowhere near as big, and I gave it a gentle squeeze just to make sure.

2 Likes

Yes, that is it. You can see with how swollen it is, there is definitely a seed growing in there. Normally, the pistils in those first calyxes that form at the node can mature early, causing the stigma to recede and the calyx to swell slightly. They can also be pollinated, with the swelling being more pronounced.

4 Likes

Hey @204medismoke, sorry I forgot to answer your question. I usually harvest around mid October. The Red Congolese cross I’ll most likely need to take all the way, probably into the 1st week of November if I have to, lol.

No kidding :joy: gonna be a fun one. I can just see it now, soon it will be full with golfball nugs. The smell is intoxicating, and the taste is straight up mouthwatering.

5 Likes

I’m :canada: sorry that someone in your hood isn’t paying attention.

Since legalization there’s entire areas in Toronto you don’t grow outdoors because of the high percentage of people not addressing males in time. :persevere:

3 Likes

@Pigeonman I don’t think it’s that. Although last year my shit got fully seeded, I do have a ton of pollen flying inside the tent right now. Could just be me slippin, but I have been going all out on pollen control. Gotta expect a seed or 2, hopefully not much more though.

I feel you bro, and I heard some stories too. My big toe been killing me lately, might be Gout, I dunno. If it is, I’m gonna ask the doc to hook it up with some Colchicine so I can try to make some polyploids that can’t be pollinated :joy: or however it is you create them. If I had the stuff I would really hit the books and get into it for sure.

Feels like it could be one of the ways around people letting males go since legalization.

3 Likes

17 Likes

2 Likes

The whole of ‘Green Country’ is being overran by Army Worms at the moment… I have a huge Honey Locust tree on the opposite side of my property from the outdoor grow…they’ve totally stripped it!! I’ve been keeping an eye peeled for any to show up in my outdoor grow, damn em!

4 Likes

Yeah. In my opinion, Oklahoma is having a bad year for bugs. Maybe we will have one of those ultra cold winters that will kill a lot of eggs.

4 Likes

can only hope so…I’m not so sure now of planting outdoors again next year. Have to wait and see how the winter goes. Them damn army worms are infesting everywhere around here!

1 Like

I just love that view!!

3 Likes

You got any hemp fields nearby?

2 Likes

@lefthandseeds there are none around me, far as I know. Luckily Ontario doesn’t cultivate it as much as some of the other provinces.

There are these plants on the other side of the fence that are dumping a ton of pollen right now.

It’s got me sneezing :sneezing_face: and I’ve had a runny nose for days, lol. Been having to wash off the plants closest to the fence from all the pollen that’s been caking on the leaves.

11 Likes

all the damn hemp fields are over by me lol

2 Likes

Ragweed, major hay-fever irritant.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

@Gpaw I figured it was ragweed. Just never saw em this big. Must be a jumbo variety cause they’re as big as the ganja trees :joy:

Should I spray em down to control the pollen they keep spewing?

5 Likes

I don’t recall much getting to 4Ft.
…That stuff you have is mutant

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Hey cuz, are you by any chance close to a nuclear plant? :rofl:

5 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like