OTUG's Outdoor Odyssey!

I used to talk with Steve quite a bit. I invited him down, but he doesn’t enter the US

2 Likes

You could do an alcohol extract, decarb it and put it in spaghetti sauce or something else with a strong flavor. Invite some friends over for dinner and spend the rest of the evening binge-watching SpongeBob.

1 Like

Too late now :sweat_smile: I tried to burn some in the firepit but it stunk so bad. I ended up pitching a good 3-4 dry pounds of it over the fence into the farm field before I moved :laughing:

I thought I got rid of it all, ended up finding about a qp of it this week while I was packing up for my next move this month. I think I’ll let it sit for a few and try it again in the fall. The smell mellowed out a bit, it was still pretty nasty though :joy:

13 Likes

I got to see a bunch of old-growth Douglas fir, hemlock, cedar, etc. when I was in Oregon. Wow. The DBH’s were up to nearly 2 meters and a height of 70 meters! The loggers I met up there had to be as strong as an ox and nimble as a cat. While I never, EVER want to live in Portland again, I’d like to go back up to that region and check out more of the wild areas.

2 Likes

@Oldtimerunderground

I’m sure you’ve seen this description, haven’t you? It’s one of the BlockheadF5’s from Beanhoarder.

I bet if someone took these to F7, 25% of them would lean towards P19.

11 Likes

I’d be lyin if I said I haven’t read every one of those beanhoarder descriptions :sweat_smile: lol.

I love the trippy high on the Blockhead. What trips me out even more is if you look at the Blockhead trichs on post #887, they look like cordyceps fungi!

20220710_104939
:joy:

I just smoked a fatty of the Blockhead too, it’s my Sunday morning favourite :grin: I nearly cut my finger on one of the seeds breaking up the bud to put in the grinder, the ridgeline on those beans are like razor blades :laughing:

20 Likes

I agree with you, it’s one of my morning favorites too. It’s my current bud of choice when i go for walks along the river. I find myself chuckling and laughing at my silly thoughts. I like to mix it with MauiWaui CherryBomb or with the NorthernLightsMalawi i grew last summer.
I was trying to keep the cut i made, but I couldn’t keep it alive. I was successful in crossing it with Romulan and with with Lamints, but didn’t get very many seeds. I’ll probably buy another pack of these when i place an order in the fall.

2 Likes

Tried most of your buds listed and some excellent smoke was had .
Red Congolese x super silver haze was really nice .

13 Likes

That is my favourite as well :+1:

7 Likes

Great thread! And amazing lineup for this upcoming season!

I’m glad your move went well.

That blockhead and red Congolese sounded amazing.

Lol at the Forbidden Fruit cross being too rotten. Must have been some crazy stuff.

Much love!

11 Likes

I’m lurking and watching! :eyes:

I can’t wait to see pictures! :camera_flash:

Fingers and toes crossed y’all get to stay for a long while this time round.

So you’s can plant some family roots and then let them percolate a bit….add water and sunshine! :house_with_garden: (No picket fence’s!) :joy:

Stay Blessed OTUG!

:dove:

5 Likes

Thank you @Dr.VitaminGreen :pray:

The move went well in May, but the house was pure shit. I ended up having to move again 2 weeks ago.

It was an amazing lineup, but due to some unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances, I wasn’t really able to finish any plants outside this year.

Hi @KanehB and happy belated birthday!!
Send me your info in a PM when you get a chance, so I can send you out something nice :grin:

There were a couple autos that managed to flower for a few weeks before I left the last place. I didn’t document much because of what I was going through and the stress of having to move again, but here is a pic I managed to take of a beautiful Blackstrap mix from @hollyho

I cut it a day or 2 before I moved and sampled it a few days after moving to the new place, along with a Strawberry Shortcrack from @Yetigrows

By sampled I mean smoked it all in a day :sweat_smile::rofl: too bad it didn’t have time to finish, the terps were just starting to develop.

Everything else was ravaged by bugs, birds, a raccoon (that kept breaking into my garbage pails too), and even a cat that left a present :poop: in one of my pots :nauseated_face: :joy:

Thank you :pray::grinning: me too!

As the Odyssey reaches it’s conclusion I look to the sky and shout to the Gods “I, OTUG, have defeated the giants! A simple man of flesh, blood, and bone, have conquered some legendary trees and claimed my birthright!”

Suddenly, a light appears in the sky. Could it be a valkyrie? Here to take me to the gates of Valhalla?
200w
I guess not :laughing:

I awaken in a new world, surrounded by lights and reflective material.

A deep voice echoes through the chamber “OTUG, your Odyssey has only just begun!”

40 Likes

I’m confused… is this where you’re going to start your seedlings now? I mean, obviously you can’t grow full plants in there, everyone knows your plants are all at least 7 feet tall and have baseball bats for trunks… what is this madness?!

20 Likes

This tent gonna be like

16 Likes

Hopefully my outdoor grow reaches my lofty hopes and goals so I can mail you a sizable care package or two buddy…

10 Likes

You guys :rofl:

Can’t wait to see the indoor odyssey. Whatcha got in there, CMH and 2 x 100 LED ? Looks killer, I like the tray.

5 Likes

Ya what’s happening in that shiny room ? Thought they’d be growing though the roof by now .

4 Likes

That purple in buds is simply stunning!! :hushed: :flushed:
:sunglasses:
@Oldtimerunderground, you don’t fool me and others here brother!
Thick stems and indecently grand and gorgeous results are afoot!!
No outdoors this time!? :confused:

7 Likes

Right? When I saw his list of plantings, and recalled last years, uhm, TREE TRUNK, I was thinking “Holy Shit, OTUG’s gonna have a FOREST!”

10 Likes

Ahh shit . Have you decided what to pop first?

1 Like