🕊 Outdoor Adventures with your Friendly Neighbourhood Pigeonman 2024 Edition!

Well done @Pigeonman, it’s a success! :clap::tophat::clap::tophat::clap::tophat:

5 Likes

I’m on manual and loving the Black Gold… I had commented on how Easy this BLACK stuff is to clean-up.

DeFharo’s response = Water Soluble !

You are Welcome @pigeonman, I was jacked by your response to participate and here we are. Texas Tea 100% lol

14 Likes

Well, the important stirring is during the first few hours when hot. Then we shake from time to time for 3 or 4 days so that the KOH finishes hydrolyzing the humalite, and neutralizes itself.

Note that I made humate many times cold and without a stirrer, without problems, just shaking the bottle from time to time. Then I perfected the process with stirring and heat to solubilize more and better.
We leave the lid of the bottle open, because the KOH needs oxygen to act.

Generating extra foam is not necessary, but some is generated when shaking, then it disappears

4 Likes

3 Likes

So is manually checking the pH of Humate K @defharo

You get an appreciation for Solid Black!!

Worm Casting Tea, with a couple oz of Hum K… as recommended, came out with a 6.4 pH

7 Likes

@MissinBissin doing at work what i didnt need to do at home but now makes me think of you! Lol

11 Likes

Bingo, flip-things around Buddy and look at that. Control of the elements !!

Haha @Pigeonman, theres a refinement ! And for continuity, I’ve kept my open jar on the Germination mat. Recent weather might have made that not necessary… but a low heat has been maintained

:boom: :boom: :boom: :boom: :boom:

Also Your moves in the Pail have addressed any Volume issues. I love it

Question, how is the Humate being mixed within the Cylinder ?

OMG, thats YOUR Job ! Hahahaha I just got it

I’m still doing a Turkey :turkey: dance with a jar every half hour

7 Likes

Quick question about this. do we want the the lid on or open so gates can escape with maybe a Towel over the top? will 108° Temps mess it up or help. thanks
congrats on the magical black goo @pigeonman

4 Likes

I have a 5 gal bucket with a lid that i cut a hole into and use a smoll plastic container as a viewing dome. There are 2x holes drilled in as well, 1x for the bubbletea straw stem that goes into the solution where i feed a 1/4 air hose in there so its below the surface and doesnt float. The second hole is to allow the air bubbling in to escape.i use a bery smol air pump which sints ontop of the bucket on a sponge to dampen the vibrations.

4 Likes

cool thanks so needs air release kinda thought so but making sure. The Temps shouldn’t hurt right maybe make it brew faster?

2 Likes

Mightwanna keepit under 100f

3 Likes

And I’m using open-top venting as it sits; and heat is ~ 80 F under 2 layers of towels. Subtle heat and I’m seeing a small product loss.

And @420noob, just in case… here in The Peoples Republic of Ontario, its Hot right now. I don’t use heat when bubbling a Batch of Castings Tea… Lid is always off, always has a destination day 2. I don’t check its pH.

3 Likes

I’m not using heat that is just the outside temp in the shade here lol. I live outside of death valley that’s why I ask about heat. Thanks great info. I got a old kitty litter box that has a lid with a flip top was hoping to use that should work. Run hose into to bubble and cover opening with towel.

2 Likes

I’ll withdraw my Location, after you Pulled Yours out… lol.
You’ve got all the heat you need down there. Best wishes on the Improv !

2 Likes

@420noob omgs!

My dad and i went to the cactus muaeum near phonix in the 90’s. It was 120f in the shade and the only othere people in the park were paid to be there!

:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Was your Father aware of the Deviations that were to Follow just such a Visit
@Pigeonman

Did I not just see you with a 20+ year old magical Cacti-Nugget? Lol

2 Likes

I went to a cactus museum once but it was just called the desert.

7 Likes

Since you mentioned cactus……I have this “Peruvian Torch” cactus growing. Its a close cousin of “San Pedro”.

14 Likes

They’re such fascinating plants :cactus:

4 Likes

OK so let’s go at this a different way. Should I make my compost tea outside in the heat or is inside OK? Got a little something brewing in my shower.

look at that water roll!

7 Likes