Outdoor roof garden in the city working with wat I've got

Sundays are becoming my gardening days on the roof, I planted some bell peppers and summer squash yesterday. The forget me nots are starting to sprout, and it looks like the bachelor buttons are getting ready to start budding soon. the zinnias are coming along too, and the first set of real basil leaves are coming in they look so cute.
Bachelor buttons

Zinnias

Baby basil Leaves

Planted 2 bell peppers and 1 summer squash

Moved the strawberries to the edge of the roof so they will get more sun

This is my happy place love just sitting out here.

6 Likes

:safety_vest: please be careful there! :slight_smile:

the driveway & gravity are a !#$%&^

:v: :sunflower: :bouquet:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Now you just need to hide a cannabis plant in the middle of them all ;):slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m afraid of heights too lol if only I had a harness I have 2 satellite dishes out there I could attach it to, it crosses my mind from time to time if I fall I’m fucked

4 Likes

Our first grow we actually started out there b4 we got the tent setup. I camouflaged it with fake flowers

5 Likes

The zinnias really perked up over night I am getting better at watering them esp w the temps warming up it can get HOT out there at times, just gave them all a water with fish shit

Pic on the left was yesterday, took the pic on the right this morning

7 Likes

Uh oh! We’ve created a monster! Once you pop you can’t stop! It’s nice to see you having fun and enjoying

4 Likes

that the only way to start learning get your hands dirty get all the morning sun you can plus all sun day long you can get do not water to much and you will do good. happy growing peace

4 Likes

Looks good tho makes me want to do some more gardening of regular plants

2 Likes

Not only is it relaxing it’s so much fun too. I’m over the moon rn one of the bachelor buttons is starting 2 flower noticed a bud 2day :star_struck:

4 Likes

Awesome keep us updated

2 Likes

Real quick one of the bachelor buttons is starting to flower im so excited rn @Meesh I’ll be doing the flower dance soon just not on the roof

7 Likes

Looks amazing post more photos

3 Likes

So far the bachelor buttons have 3 buds that are forming two pinkish, and one white. Cant wait for my first flowers from seed to bloom I even went out and checked on them last night when I got home. Some of the petals on the begonia are turning brown not sure what’s going on with that I did move it to a spot that gets partial shade and I rotated it so the brown petals are facing away from the sun.

Bachelor buttons starting to bud :heart_eyes:

Begonia older flowers starting to brown the newer ones seem to be doing fine maybe to much direct sun idk

Begonia, zinnias, bachelor buttons, and pansies

9 Likes

Looking good! Begonias are shade plants btw

4 Likes

Ok where I have it atm it gets part sun part shade. Think I’ll move it to a more shaded area and see how it goes thanks again I’d be lost without this site

2 Likes

Give it as much shade as possible. Begonias are annuals, my guess is the hotter it gets the faster it’s gonna stall and die off. When it dies, don’t think it’s you, that’s how they roll. :smile: :green_heart:

3 Likes

I’m going 2 move it to the opposite side of the house it only gets the late afternoon sun :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Moved the begonia to the opposite side of the house looks so lonely out there all by itself. I’ll have to get some more flowers that like shade good thing I work rite next to a farm I’ll stop in 2day and see what they have

5 Likes

:joy: :rotating_light: :houses: :rose: ‘red plant district’! :laughing: :+1:

kidding aside, my batchelor buttons are still hanging in there but barely…i’ll get a picture before they crap out completely.

out here, they’re great attractors of pleasant, chirpy little finches that eat their seeds as well as good bugs.

fwiw, i haven’t watered mine all year & it’s a drought year. :blush:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes