OvergrOklahoma!

I plan to have 4, 4x8 rolling tables in veg and flower. In my 4x4 tent, I usually run 9 plants in 2gal fabric pots. I’ll work on those numbers. I know what my lights will pull, but that’s about all I’m sure about. :slight_smile:

Man, what’s the price on those ProGuards? There’s a lot of info online, but I can’t find a price. Would one handle a 40x8x9.6 room?

1 Like

I love the serenity i have with my cannafam. I need it really. These days are hard on all. We need compassion ,love and empathy. I haven’t been here much but that’s how I roll. Spreading the love.

Be excellent to each other!

5 Likes

Not from Oklahoma but I agree. Lol

3 Likes

And…

PARTY ON DUDE!!!

3 Likes

@Slym3r I find my most peaceful moments are early drinking a cup of coffee/tea smoking a j listening to some chill tunes in the garden

6 Likes

Probably need 2 for a room that big, price is around $1000 per unit… yearly upkeep (filters and replacement parts) about $250…
So in 2 gallons you probably water around 1 gallon a week per plant right?
So try 1 gallon x (plant count) x 8 = PPW
That should give you pints per week (PPW) you are using…
Then PPW/7 should give you a close approximation of pints per day…

2 Likes

I agree with this, I need more room for my garden, it is definatly the place I go to clear my mind

2 Likes

Hey man. I’ve been playing around with the AC numbers, and I think I’ll need 24,000 BTUs in each of the veg and flower rooms, and 12,000 in the drying/processing container.

I have a question on the mini-splits. I’m assuming that 2 12,000 BTU wall mount units attached to a 24,000 BTU base unit will push 24,000 BTUs into the room. Is that a correct assumption, and if it is, would it be better to put 2 12,000 BTU wall mounts along the wall of each container, or a single 24,000 BTU wall unit mounted on the end wall? It seems like having 2 spaced down the wall would be better, but I don’t know that.

On the dehumidifiers, I figured it at 1.5 gallons a week, which came out to 108 PPD. I’m looking at one Quest Dual 110 in each of the veg and flower containers, and a Quest 70 in the drying area.

I was surprised about the ProGuard, I figured they’d be thousands each. You use those correct? I really don’t like mold and shit man. If they worked, it’d be worth the money to me. Have you ever used the Cannatrol curing system? It sounds kinda like a dehumidifier to me, but I’ve read reviews where people were raving about it.

What do you use for benches? I’ve been looking at the Botanicare Sliding Bench System. I like the idea of being able to slide it over to maximize the space, but they aren’t cheap. DIY is always an attractive option, but I’m constructionally challenged, so the outcome is never certain.

Here are some drawings of the layout. I did it on a program I don’t know how to use very well, so it’s just walls, and a couple of 3Ds, but it could give you an idea of where I’m going with it.

Thanks for your help @dewb, and please speak up if you see any obvious problems. :grinning:
:guitar:

2 Likes

I use mini-splits. Anything more then 1 zone mini split is 220 voltage. So a lot depends on your main and what you can handle as far as available breakers and then running proper wire.
As far as shelving I build my own and it’s a design that is easily adapted to fit any need;

You are close and I ran all my electrical and set up my mini split myself. So I can always lend a hand,

6 Likes

I have to have power ran to the site, and everything has to be wired up, so I have some flexibility there. Speaking of power, we have 200 amp service to our house, you think that’s enough? The LEDs will pull around 9600 watts when they’re all on, and I know I need to pull the power usage off the Quests and the mini-splits to know for sure, but for all I know 200 amps is overkill. :slight_smile:

I installed a breaker, and ran a separate line from the service box outside, into a sub-panel in the room where my tents are, and wired all the outlets in there, so I think I can run saw the power. At least into a panel in each container.

I watched a YouTube of a guy installing some Dr. Cool mini-splits, and it looked fairly simple, even to me. But I have been fooled before. :grinning:
:guitar:

1 Like

I have a 200 amp ran to my garage that I installed. I have one mini- split on it now that Is 110V but come spring I will be installing two more mini splits, one for flower room, one for veg. So for me it is easy as I can just use regular breakers. But yes a 200 amp is fine as long as you have open slots or unused breakers for either 110 or 220 whatever the case may be,
The reason I am going through the extra expense of 3 separate mini splits is so I can set each zone to what temp I want seperatly of each other and so I can just use 110 instead of running a 220 line.
My garage is detached so running a 220 line would be a real PIA. You may want to just have one mini for all zones. Multi-Zone mini’s do get a bit pricey. Check out Pioneer they have good prices.

2 Likes

Looks like @Oldjoints explained the ac stuff,
Dual zone would be what I’d do, you be able to balance the environment better than one cooling source on one wall

if you can go the next size up on dehumidifiers remember they’re not as efficient under 80°… so at night and especially towards the end of flower when your dropping temps and RH some you’ll want them to keep up…

Yes I do use the proguards and yes they 100% work…

3 Likes

Is tentkiller lake a popular camping spot? :flushed:

:cowboy_hat_face::mask:

3 Likes

Yes it’s a popular lake, better than any of the other lakes in Oklahoma lol it covers a large area so you aren’t packed in . Great views, clean water not that nasty discolored or murky waters like others . I may be a little biased but you can see pics or the actual lake for yourself . I’m sure my description does it no justice .

4 Likes

Lake Tenkiller:

7 Likes

My, awfully butthurt for one or two words aren’t we?

I despise “politics” myself but it’s important that people on a weed site be able to discuss legalizing weed in their state. Not sure where that fits in the political spectrum. Is there going to be a gag order on Overgrow on exprressing thoughts of legalizing weed in your state? I hope people aren’t going to start whining and running to moderators every time it comes up.

3 Likes

Hey @Dewb. What’s up with Arkansas’ weed situation? Didn’t they pass MM recently with plans to go rec? Rumor has it.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::mask:

3 Likes

nice lake :slight_smile: man made?

3 Likes

Yep man made reservoir

3 Likes

very nice :slight_smile: looks like a great spot

you know the lakes here

3 Likes