OvergrOklahoma!

Yes I have fished most of the finger lakes.

3 Likes

and they are sweet

1 Like

Except for that skunky smellā€¦ lol

1 Like

and the salty ones

1 Like

Im sure it was more rep vs dem started mentioning blue statesā€¦ If talking about weed usually people will say green state vs red. Weed politics is one thing but talking about political views is too polarizing.

3 Likes

Arkansas is a messā€¦ They still havenā€™t figured out their med they passed in 2016ā€¦ I doubt they go rec before Oklahomaā€¦

2 Likes

Arkansas gets a lot of shit, but I bet you there arenā€™t many here who could pass their GED reading test.

Told ya. Allow me to translate:

Mr snakes ā€œThose are snakes.ā€

Mr knot ā€œThey are not.ā€

OS MR ā€œOh yes they are.ā€

CM EDBD IS? ā€œSee those little bitty eyes?ā€

LIB Mr snakes ā€œWell Iā€™ll be, those are snakes.ā€

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey. I got a question for you and @Oldjoints.

Iā€™m checking out the Pioneer mini splits. Currently, I plan on getting a 48,000 BTU 4 Zone /w 2 12,000 BTU wall mounts in veg and 2 in flower.

The other container will have some walls to separate out a harvest processing area, and a room for Moms/Clones and a Breeding/Seed run room. :slight_smile: Iā€™m looking at a 3 Zone /w 2 9000 BTU wall mounts in each of those areas, and 1 12,000 BTU wall mount in a 30x10 office/storage/man cave area. :grinning:

What Iā€™m finding with Pioneer is that to run 2 9000, and 1 12,000 BTU Triple zone, I have to buy their quad zone base because itā€™s rated at 36,000 BTUs. To drive 4 12,000 BTU wall mounts, I have to buy their Quint zone base because it puts out 48,000.

Their Triple zone base is rated at a cooling capacity of 27,000 BTUs which isnā€™t enough for my needs. But, then I saw a question where someone asked if they could run 2 9000s and 1 18,000 off of that unit, and Pioneer said they could.

Does that sound right? Theyā€™re saying that 27,000 BTU base will drive 36,000 BTUs of indoor units? Even 2 9ā€™s and a 12 is over that capacity limit. Thereā€™s a $1000 difference between the Triple and the Quad, and the Quad and the Quint. Iā€™d much rather go with the Triple, and the Quad.

My question is, am I misunderstanding what those capacity numbers mean, or is that just a mistake on their part?

Thanks for all your help with this. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

You guys are making Kansas and Texas really jealous when they drive through and see all the MM dispensaries. They wish they could stop in. Maybe someday soon.

2 Likes

Yes this gets confusing but the way it works is that the outdoor unit will only allow the indoor units to pull up to the max rating of the outdoor unit.
So even though your indoor units have the capacity to run more BTUā€™s the outdoor unit wonā€™t allow it and will only run the indoor unit at a certain level to not exceed the max BTUā€™s.

I hope that makes sense to you. As I said it gets confusing the way itā€™s stated. The key thing is to make sure you pair the correct indoor units with a compatible outdoor unit.

Now you also see why I chose 3 miniā€™s instead of one multi.

1 Like

I doubt you would run all the indoor units at the max cooling level or at the max heating level anyway. And that is the only scenario where you would exceed BTUā€™s. The one unit I am using now cools and heats a room 22 ft wide and 30 ft long @ 75 degrees just fine and itā€™s a 12,000.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t even think about that, but youā€™re absolutely right. Iā€™d probably never have to run them to the max for any length of time.

A 40ā€™ HIgh Cube is about 320 sq/ft. Itā€™s also a big metal box. The foam will give us R15 in the walls/ceilings, and weā€™re gonna put the cover on it, so itā€™ll be out of the direct sun.

If youā€™re running a 12000 BTU single zone for a 660 sq/ft room, 2 9000 BTU wall mounts in both veg and flower, and 1 9000 in the drying area should be plenty for normal operations, and Iā€™d still have enough overhead to bump it if we hit a really hot/cold spell. Not to mention itā€™d save me a buttload of cash.

Ventilating the rooms is another area Iā€™m uncertain about. I want to use Co2, but Iā€™m not clear on the sealed room concept.

@Dewb posted this a while back:

The thing is, I donā€™t really know squat about HVAC, and that includes fresh air and back draft dampers, so I have no idea what that means. :woozy_face:

So, here are my questions.

Do you run Co2 in veg also?
How would I go about physically preparing the shipping containers for Co2? Do I need to cut holes in them to mount exhaust fans? Do mini-splits have fresh air and/or back draft dampers?

Iā€™m planning to have 4x28 benches in veg and flower. What kind of benches are you using in your rooms? I kinda like the sliding bench designs. I was looking at Botanicare, but theyā€™re pricey.

Thanks a lot for all your help with this @Dewb and @Oldjoints. When itā€™s finished, you guys will have to come check it out. :grinning:
:guitar:

3 Likes

I have a non-Oklahoman question.

Does the wind really come sweeping down the plains?

3 Likes

Oh, yeah. All the time. And that wavin wheat shore smells sweet too.
:laughing:

3 Likes

Its good to acclimate your veg plants with co2 once they are eatablished. It can hurt clones and seedlings. Also unless you already have the rest dialed in as far as max light absorption humidity heat etc. Until those factors are met co2 wont make any difference. Also you want it about 10Ā°f hotter then normal.
They way co2 works is it allows more light moisture and nutrient intake then normally allowed.

1 Like

As far as your hvac, there is no air exchange from the outside. The inside units use the air inside the room they are in so no exhaust, backdraft or dampers needed.
I use no CO2 in veg or flower.
And the only ā€œbenchā€ I use I showed a pic of above and used mainly for starts.

1 Like

The shipping containers are designed to be airtight, all they have are these small vent ports, but Iā€™m not sucking any unfiltered air into those rooms, so those are getting sealed off. I think what Iā€™ll have to do is cut holes for intake, and exhaust fans with some serious filters, and a timer to vent it periodically.

2 Likes

What are they made out of? I read about a guy using one and it was stainless steel. Cost a shit load to cut and seal it back up.

Learning a lot reading along with this thread!

1 Like

The containers are made of steel, not stainless steel.

2 Likes

Iā€™m missing something here man. It sounds to me like youā€™re saying you donā€™t bring fresh air into the room, and you donā€™t use CO2, but thatā€™s impossible. One thing I know for sure is that plants will die if they donā€™t have enough CO2. How are you getting fresh air into the room?