Pain Relief and where to find it

Hello all!
I’m Jake. I grow lots of Cannabis legally and with a tremendous amount of pride.

I started smoking cannabis when I was younger and loved it from day one. As I got older I found an appreciation for the medical benefits of consuming gods favorite plant…

I use Cannabis every day for back pain and as a mood stabilizer of sorts.

I would like to have a one stop spot where people can announce what strains have helped them manage pain.

I’ll kick us off:

NORDLE- Mr Nice.
Great pain relief, easy to grow, a real treat to consume with Skunk and fruity flavors in various phenotypes.

Sage- THSeeds.
Awesome pain relief and mood elevation.

Rare Dankness- Rare Dankness.
Phenomenal potency on this one. Pain relief but also a day wrecker. Use caution…

That’s all I have for now! I am about to test grow a bunch of strains so hopefully I will be adding more to the list. I encourage all of you to add to the list as well!!!

Stay hazed,
Jake

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing and welcome to OG!

Have you heard about Bedrocan? They produce plant called Bedrolite with extrmely low THC % and high CBD… do you agree that for pain relief this is beneficial?

http://www.bedrocan.nl/english/products.html

The non-psychoactive strain Bedrolite® is now available for patient use and research. Bedrolite is in the process of being standardized. It contains approximately 9% CBD and 0.4% THC. Bedrolite is available in the Netherlands and in countries supplied by the Dutch Health Ministry. CBD has distinct pharmacological properties. More information can be found on the website of the Office of Medicinal Cannabis of the Dutch Ministry of Health.

Also I believe this practically no-THC variety could be grown also in countries where psychoactive cannabis is forbidden… so there is clearly some use case for it…

It is also great to see that breeding can lead to practical medical results (not just boosting THC levels :wink: ).

2 Likes

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the info on Bedrocan. I’ve never heard of it before but it looks promising!

The developing CBD research and development is fantastic. I think that CBD and other canibanoids are really the future of medicine and it is amazing that we sit here in the middle of this extraordinary time.

I’ve grown Cannatonic which is a High CBD variety and it is great.

I’ve found that pure CBD does not help my pain very much. It does help mood elevation and overall function though.

For pain relief my body seems to enjoy a mix of 1:1 CBD: THC. That is where I find the most pain relief and also the best overall feeling… I know many others get symptom relief with pure CBD though so it’s possible that i am outside of the norm in that aspect.

Another friend and I were talking about thd development of the CBD movement in EU and how it’s lagging behind the US. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before more and more products like Bedrocan are available for consumers over there.

The best is yet to come! Isolating compounds from the plant and their effects is really exciting and holds the key to maximizing the Medicinal benefits of a Cannabis. The future certainly looks very bright…

Stay hazed,
Jake

3 Likes

Addition to the list:
Cannatonic!
A friend from another forum gave me 5 seeds of this variety. All 5 turned out female (possibly an S1?) And were very uniform. Very indica in structure and very vigorous.

Awesome plants overall.

Now, the effect:
Really strong!
One pheno provides no pain relief and just glues you to the couch. I gave those flowers away.

The rest where another pheno which is fantastic as a pain reliever! This pheno also has a very sedating effect, which I’m not fond of. I keep a jar of these flowers for really bad days though, as it will take my pain from a 7 to a 2 or 3 with only a few puffs.
After a whole joint or some dry sift of this variety I forget i even have a spine, along with most of the words in my vocabulary. Not functional stuff, lol.

Jake

Edit to note that this report is given after 3+ months of curing the flowers to achieve full effect.

6 Likes

Wow, do I have a lot to learn lol. I have never heard of any of those strains but I am very interested as I suffer from nerve pain due to shingles and also just general pain from a bad back and being on my feet for 14 hours per day. I am 60 yr old and have always had an adversion to chemicals, outside of a lot of LSD when I was in my teens lol

1 Like

Right on man! I think many of us embraced the elixir of enlightenment, I’m sure some still do :slight_smile:

As far as Medicinal cannabis: there are so many, many, many choices out there. Unfortunately every strain/chemotype will effect each user differently. I would suggest looking at something with a 1:1 THC: CBD ratio as a starting point… We can discuss specific varieties in detail but first I have a couple of questions-

Are you growing your own? New to growing?

Jake

3 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Kratom and its effects

I just finished growing my first plant and I think it had very poor genetics as I was not very impressed with it at all. I have 2 Green Crack in late flower stage and they are impressive quality from the one snipped bud I tried to test. Just put 2 White Widow into the flower tent and have 2 more still in my veg box along with 6 Blue Cheese seedlings. I am hoping for a perpetual grow setup but my timing has been off at this early stage of my endeavors lol

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kratom and its effects

Thank you for the contributions gentlemen, but please keep this thread on topic. I would like this particular thread to focus on Medicinal Cannabis and extracts.

You guys should feel free to start up a Kratom topic in the appropriate sub-forum, as this is bound to be a polarizing substance in the near future.

Stay Hazed,
Jake

5 Likes

“No Jake U R Not Alone” I suffer from severe migraines and nausea. I to find the same 1:1 CBD: THC as well for my pain relief as well as nausea. I also am so relieved that THE BIG LIE has finally been exposed for the load of Shight that it truly was. I love anything that involves Pharmaceutical Companies losing Millions no doubt due to all the pills that won’t be sold due to said information being made Public. I use to depend on opiates produced by Pharmaceutical Companies as well because I’d be arrested for using Marijuana for medicating BEFORE The Truth about Marijuana’s Medicinal properties as well as My Government Bless their precious hearts all. I voted for Justin Trudeau and am still impressed daily with his performance as our Prime Minister & It’s Now a FACT! The Majority of North Americans today are PRO Cannabis.
I’m really glad I’m here to see this as well Brother Grower. I also concur with the future of our favorite & Much Healthier than Codeine and other unnatural synthetic medications. Medical Marijuana and Extracts therein have already changed the Future of Medicine & I to hope to see some of the many more uses and Benefits. Mostly Though, I sincerely hope to still be here when The Majority Of Governments see the Profits & Millions of $ Already saved in North America On Just Court cost’s & Policing small Growers & Medical Users Of Marijuana alone. Never mind the Profits from Producing & Selling it to the Masses as well. OK,OK. I know :blush: :innocent: :smiling_imp: :wink:

"I wish you the Greenest of Grows & Heaviest of Harvest Always"

Sincerely: Don D.
4 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rita and I just joined OG.com. I live in Illinois, USA. Even though MMJ is legal here, the cost of obtaining a medical card is prohibitive to someone on disability, so I hope to learn enough to be able to grow my own medicine! :relaxed: I am particularly interested in finding the strains that have worked for others with similar conditions, including neuropathic pain.

I have lived with intractible pain from arachnoiditis and epidural fibrosis after a spinal surgery in 1999, to repair a ruptured disc. Pain relief from morphine had been my best option, until my pain management doctor lost her license and I had to find a new one. New doc decreased my meds to one fifth the original dose, which has left me bed-bound. This is no way to live and I decided to take my pain relief into my own hands. I have been a successful gardener in the past, so I think I can manage (with the help of my sons for the heavy work)!

The biggest hurdle I have is that I have never smoked marijuana! I don’t tolerate smoke very well, but have read inhalation is the quickest delivery method. Ideas on that would be helpful!

Two questions for those living in recreational user legal states; Can I get MJ through mail order and is it very expensive? Any ideas on how I can try different strains to find what works for me barring visiting those states? I don’t travel well! Thanks in advance for any replies!

Love and Light,
Flower Power Rita :peace:

3 Likes

Dear Friends. The topic about medical usage of cannabis or genetic origin’s behind my favourite strain’s was also really interesting 2 me. But searching information about it was very frustrated, until I found the LEAFLY app. for Android and iOs . Its really big source of informations about strains, their genetic background,growing, medical usage, effects, side effects etc .For medical users from united states it can be a guide to dispensary’s which selling strains u choose… I believe it could be helpful for every single grower worldwide… I felt in love with it from first installation. enjoy …:calling:

4 Likes

Thank you Catfishbylli! I came across the same info last night, after my post to OG.com. The only problem I have read is that cannabinoids can interact with each person’s body chemistry, giving differing outcomes. So it is still recommended to try a variety of strains to see what works best on an individual basis.

I have NO experience using cannabis, so am at a loss as to where to start and what delivery method to use! But I think the Leafly articles will be invaluable to those of us who are beginers.

Love and Light,
Flower Power Rita:peace:

2 Likes

Yes u right. Every single person has its individuality. Two different person would have different reaction on same strain, thats a fact and thats the reason u have to try more than one strain to find right one for u. And if u want to use cannabis as medicine on your own, instead of pills, u have to study a lot. I wish u luck and here is one more useful link … hope will help u to start http://boards.cannabis.com/threads/top-ten-medical-strains.172581/

3 Likes

Another valuable link…thanks again Catfishbylli! This group of posts gives more of the individual effects of different strains. I have constant intractible pain, with nerve pain as well but I don’t want to sleep ALL the time!:sleeping: Don’t take that wrong, sleep is good, but I have lived in bed the past five years and I so want to have a life again!

I am an artist and I’d love to be able to paint again. :art: Hopefully, just getting the pain under control so I can stand for more than five minutes will help make that possible! :fireworks::smile:

Love and Light;

1 Like

Oh how I love nerve pain, NOT! I find relief with a variety of Indica strains and find that Sativas work but not as well and some Sativas seem to aggravate the condition. Here is a link to a medical sales site but it is the best strain selection and descriptions I have found, 105 pages.

1 Like

you should check out john berfelo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tep7KuAxxao

what he uses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax4NrkG-QRU

1 Like

I just have to throw in here Being a Cannabis User for 4o yrs I may just have some useful input here too. Have you ever tried Extracts / Honey Oil,Shatter, THC capsules. Hashish? I know that right now things look somewhat Dreary in the sense that Illinois is behaving absolutely INSANE with regards to PROHIBITING Disability Persons MEDICAL MARIJUANA!
That Is Literally MADNESS!!! I’m not even sure something like that is EVEN LEGAL? OOPS! My Bad GOVERNMENT! DUH! They do whatever Whenever to Whomever They Chose. Not even going to begin to get into that MESS Here.
Except to tell you that I have it On Good Authority that Donald Trump Is going to end all such Madness soon enough! Just allow him to see the BILLIONS Of Dollars SAVED By CANADA In Policing and Court Costs ALONE never mind Imprisoning and The Billions MADE from Sales & Taxes Therein. NOW Keep in Mind it’s THE APPRENTICE DONALD TRUMP!
My friends Dad is a Politician In Ottawa Parliament Here In Canada. Being a Person On Disability Myself here I’m Sincerely Appalled by your States Behavior to be sure. Here in Canada People on Disability Pensions were the 1st to receive said Prescriptions for Medical Marijuana. I’m not Boasting here at all My Sister Grower which brings me to my NEXT Point. You just so happen to have found THE BEST WEBSITE FOR INFO ABOUT GROWING YOUR OWN
MARIJUANA For as little cost and Highest Yield Possible. Fortunately for you You live In the USA and can obtain THE WORLDS BEST SOIL for Growing Marijuana EVER!

check out their site and you can see the Amazing Natural Organics & Sea Ingredients Too.
Honestly Brother this was the Soil the Company that made my Cabinet www.cabinetgrow.com I have the Yielder Max.
When it arrived it had EVERYTHING NEEDED To Grow Quality Medical Marijuana for the Greenest Of Growers.
a.k.a. Growing for Dummies Instruction Manual lmao. Seriously though, I grew 4 White Widow Feminized seeds from Crop King Seeds, Some say they Don’t have Legit Strains & that may be so in Their Case However, I’ve NEVER gotten a Bad Bean from them yet. My Cousin just Grew some of Their Crown Royal & Sour Diesel both of which are in Fact the REAL DEAL! Not to say that They Haven’t misled others of course it’s just that UNTIL THEY Burn ME! I cannot & Will NOT stop Purchasing Their Beans Eh! No Offence to anyone either. I’m Nothing If Not Loyal & True To Myself & All My Acquaintances OMG! “So Sorry” Got a wee bit sidetracked there eh! LMAO :smiley: I’ve personally found that
THE BEST WEED IS OWN GROWN NO CONTEST! Even my Very 1st Grow in a Cabinet My Partner Ordered Me via High Times Magazine www.cabinetgrow.com I grew 4 White Widows from: Crop King Seeds I didn’t quite flush 2 of the 4 properly so I made Budder Out Of Those. Then I’ll NEVER EVER FORGET My 1st time trying the ones I had Flushed Properly. They were truly amazing and until this time in my life I tasted the sweet earthy taste of White Widow & I’ll not forget the Freshness of it as well.There’s nothing like it in the world to be sure. I was Hooked the Very 1st time I Tasted it.
Oh & The Potency Off the Charts too. You also get a Euphoria of “WOW I Grew This Amazing Bud” So get some Autos to Grow a quick yield of Personal Nug To hold you over until Trumps Minions report Back with the Amazing Profits to be made lmao Seriously though it’ may seem like Forever each day U have to wait, However I Believe that Profit Will Prevail
with your New Commander & Chief. You’ll See.

"Fingers Crossed Eh! 

Sincerely Don D.
1 Like

Thank you Rongo, that is a great site. I especially like the detailed descriptions on each strain…I didn’t realize there were so many varieties of cannabis. It should keep me busy for quite a while!

Yeah, nerve pain really sucks and, as I’m sure you know, was difficult to find Rx meds to calm it. Hopefully cannabis will work better, without the side effects!:alien:

It’s good to know that some satvias won’t work as well. Do you use a straight indica or a hybrid of the two? Also, do you have other types of pain? Thanks again for the info!:thumbsup:

Love and Light!