Pain Relief and where to find it

The only real pain other than nerves is just the ones associated with aging lol. I prefer hybrids as they are the easiest to find on the street but now that I am getting into growing my own I am planning to try some pure Indica strains as I seem to find more relief with couch lock strains. My Dr. wanted to prescribe Oxycotin but I do not do pills so it is either pot or pain.

2 Likes

Thanks Lotus710,

Wow, that dude has ALL his bases covered! Sheshā€¦maybe I should just move to Canada!!! Yeah, that guy is living a pain patients dream. I have tried a few of the supplements he is using, but unless you have a big hitter that relieves the exacerbating pain, nothing is going to help.

Love and Light,

Flower Power Rita :peace:

Rongo,

I hear ya with the aging pains. Now I understand what my mom complained about with arthitis! LOL. I take too many pills that I know are messing up my metabolism and causing more medical issues like high blood pressure, which of course leads to more pills. I talked my original doc into giving me morphine instead of a combination pain reliever that would destroy my liver and kidneys. That actually did a good job until the new one cut the amount, saying I was taking a ā€œlethal doseā€. Funny thing is, I think Iā€™m still alive! :scream: If it werenā€™t for the morphine and cymbalta, for neve pain, Idefinitely wouldnā€™t be here today!

I have been researching cannabis for months now and am confident I can get rid of most of the pharmaceuticals once I find a few strains that help with my particular issues.

Can you explain how ā€œcouch lockā€ makes you feel? I think I understand it and I probably will need it at times too. Can you control the amount of ā€œcouch lockā€ by the amount you smoke and still control the pain level?

Lov and Light,

Thanks for all the wisdom Don! I sure hope you are right about Trump! Iā€™m a littie worried at the damage he could do, but then in retrospect, he couldnā€™t be any worse than the last several presidents we have had!

Legalizing MJ will be one of the best moves our representatives will have made in recent history. Nowā€¦weā€™ll see how long it takes them!

As far as trying canna productsā€¦no to all. Iā€™m happy to have foud this site. Iā€™ve already spent hours reading and still have a lot of info to cover.

Love and Light,

Flower power Rita :peace:

I love all the activity in here! Bless all of you and I hope that you find the relief that all of us so desperately need. What doctors and other people, pain free people, donā€™t understand is that with typical pharmaceutical pain medications the side effects usually alter a person. Those of us who are self aware notice the change, and generally we arenā€™t happy about it. I like to feel like myself, not doped out.

So, my only new contribution is that High Times has an article in their July 2016 issue talking about which Fats are the most Cannabinoid Soluble- I know, I know, HT is not the most reliable or unbiased source of information, but hang with me-
It was a straight forward study using 5 Different Fats/Oils. They simmer each Infused Fat for 4 and 8 hours and test for Cannabinoid presence.

The study concluded that Clarified Butter held the highest concentration of Delta-9THC and THCa with a total concentration being 3.68mg/g at 4 hours and slightly less after 8 hours.

I donā€™t know enough yet to assert that this would be similarly true with other Cannabinoids that they didnā€™t test for, some of which are very valuable to all of us with pain management goals.

Take it for what its worth: Use butter when making your edibles! :cookie: :sunglasses:

Iā€™ve got 6 Mr Nice/CBD Crew ā€œZ6ā€ seeds germinating as i type this. Shantibaba told me that 2:1 CBD:THC phenotypes are to be found in this line, So Iā€™m happy I got a big pack to sift through. I will of course inform everyone of what I find and will post plenty of pictures in my Flower Shop thread.

Stay Hazed,
Jake

1 Like

Hey Jake!

Thanks for that valuable info on butter! I read a long time ago that margarine was only one molecule away from being considered plastic! I donā€™t know how much truth there was in that, but I decided then to steer clear of ā€œmanufacturedā€ foods and have only used butter since!

I think clarified butter was probably key in that study. Maybe it keeps for a longer time without going bad. I wonder how quickly the cannabinoids will take effect when consumed in butter? Has anyone used budder for pain relief? :slight_smile:

Several years ago, I belonged to an online group of folks who had arachnoiditis. A member in New Zealand would put cannabis into melted chocolate, molded into bite size pieces. :chocolate_bar: She kept some of it with her when away from home so she could medicate whenever needed and no one would know! Has anyone tried something similar to thisā€¦or putting cannabis into baked goods, for pain control? Any good recipies?:candy:

Good luck with the new seeds!

Love and Light,

Hello Rita!

I absolutely agree that Clarified Butter is crucial in maximizing the amount of Canibanoids extracted.

To answer your other question, yes, I make edibles of all sorts! It is a regular part of my diet!

In the morning I will use infused butter or oil tincture on my bread and in my coffee. Brownies, banana nut bread, muffinsā€¦ Some times I give my extracts to a good friend who is an executive chef and let him get creative! He made a wonderful Alfredo sauce for me a couple weeks ago. :+1:

The onset of the effects will differ from person to person. I suggest that when you are able, you make a small batch of simple budder at a low concentration and begin experimenting!

A lot of MMJ users do not smoke or vaporize and only ingest their cannabis products. Salves and lotions can also work very well.

After the holidays I will try and compile some edibles guides to post in the Medical Club section! If you donā€™t want to wait, just google it up. There are lots of user friendly guides on the web to walk you through the process.

Merry Christmas!
Jake

2 Likes

ā€œI Hear That Ritaā€ I mean what True Hearted American Citizen wouldnā€™t be having Nightmares every other evening? Honestly, Even I am still kind of shell shocked myself here.I get the whole American Dream aspect of it all etc etc. Donald Trump Though??? Lord Have Mercy On Us All. Yet at the same time I have to well,
Laugh. lmao. :grinning: I mean ONLY IN AMERICA RIGHT RITA? No offence of course I NEVER Mean a single iota of Detriment EVER Rita Please Always remember that, Thanx Sorry, lol. back to The Madness because thatā€™s EXACTLY what the RATIONALIZATION OF RESTRICTION OF USE & Especially the ANTI MEDICINAL HARM IT DOES TO CHILDREN DAILY!!! NOT Allowing them to reap the Medicinal Rewards. So I say, ā€œScrew That SHIGHTā€ Itā€™s to bad that Trumps most beneficial reason will be His Main Mantra $$$$$ But Hey, As long as he does make it happen for real.
who CARES WHY as long as He DOES Eh Rita? If for whatever Possible reason it doesnā€™t Happen Iā€™ll Be STUNNED & Bewildered to be Sure. Every time I think of the amounts of money saved in aforementioned court costs etc etc. I canā€™t wait for the Idiocy of Past Supposedly Intellectual Leaders & Politicians to be Truly Found for what they REALLY WERE with regards to MARIJUANA @ least! I was Truly Robbed Of an Opportunity to have Become A Very Intellectual Prominent & No Doubt Wealthy as well. I was even in line for a Military Career as well. Iā€™m already working on finding Other such people as had this happen to as well & I know several personally too Go figure? lolā€¦ BRB I need a honey Oiler.:wink: ā€œAhhhhh. Mucho Better ehā€ Not sure if youā€™ve ever tried True Honey Oil Rita If not U must do so. Itā€™s been a true Wonder Drug for Me. The Taste,Aroma/scent is like Nothing THC & Or CBD Either. I missed it so for almost 2 decades. Until that is White Palm was created & Thank The Heavens Above Iā€™ve discovered Their Co2 Extracted Honey Oil Even Better Tasting & This New Greasy Pink Dab is Unbelievable as well. Check out their site www.whitepalm.com Not trying to brag remember no detriment ever. Just something to look forward to I Sincerely Hope in the Very Near Future. Anyhooow, This site Is Awesome I so Agree Iā€™m looking forward to the Boxing Day Sales So As to get a sweet deal on a New COB LED Growlight for my 3x3 & 4x4 FusionHutā€™s Iā€™m Truly just dying to see them up close and personal thereā€™s never any other way to Truly Experience The Future of Growing High Grade Medical Marijuana @ Low cost & much less Energy & to ME THATā€™S WIN,WIN. I still laugh when I think of one of my best buddies whom if you look under Old School in the Dictionary youā€™ll find his pic. lmao seriously though he still uses Metal Halide & Sodium, U get the Idea. He even has those Loud as all get out & Hotter Than a 1967 TV Tube as well. lol. luv em to all get out though Amazing Spirit & Soul u can just tell these things with certain people. I offered him my only used for 3 grows LED & He said get that piece of New school Shight out of my Grow area Now. I know right? We laughed our asses off about it later over a cup of THC-CBD Tea. To the point of tears and stomach ache. Bless all our GREEN HEARTS EVERYWHERE!

p.s.
still have my mars hydro led though lmao.:joy:
& So TRUE The last 7 did it the Way of the 1%ers & Surprisingly enough itā€™s a 1% thatā€™ll make it right by doing EVERYTHING OPPOSITELY OF ALL PREVIOUS Presidents ā€œexcept for Lincoln & Washington of courseā€
Iā€™m Truly Intrigued here as He really is FREAKING ALLOT of the Right & WRONG People Here.

Hence Keeping My Interest Peeked at all times. Fingers still crossed for Tomorrow Or the next day & So On Rita Hope this reply finds you & yours in the Best of Spirits.

:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:  Sincerely: Don D. :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

Welcome to OG!
Well Rita, sounds like youā€™ve entered the cannabis zone for sure.
As you noticed, there is a TON of information out there and itā€™s difficult to assess coming into it what is good info and what is hearsay or outright bunk.

Starting out I would probably begin with vaping. Easiest on your lungs, and easier to adjust the dosing. Once youā€™ve eaten something, it can last hours longer than smoking and because itā€™s IN YOU, you are committed to the effects until you come down. Even the strongest pot you can slow down and vape or smoke a single pipe-bowlā€™s worth or take a hit or two off a joint until you find your magic spot.

Marijuana CAN react differently for different people, but generally speaking, the effects of long-standing popular strains work pretty consistently. If every pain patient at a dispensary say that particular dispensaries trainwreck is best for their pain, they might be onto something. Note that the trainwreck YOU grow may not have the same qualities based on how you grow it, where you obtained the seeds or how it was harvested/processed.

Your best bet in finding the right strains would be to look at some of the medical dispensaries in California or Colorado - Not only have they been at the forefront of the movement, their medical clubs have been around longer than most, their menus are online and often they will have compassion clubs or forums with other medical users, some of whom may share your specific issues. Even out of state they can help you find information and recommendations for yours.

Edibles are GREAT, but for users without a tolerance to cannibinoids you can quickly find yourself too high (unable to move much, aka couchlock). Start low and go slow is what they say. I make some walnut toffee that will knock your socks off, but you can put it in chicken soup, muffins, cookies, anything really that contains fat soluble ingredients.

A great place to figure out the different cannabinoids and their temperature constraints is here:

They also have a chart on how THC converts and how temperature effects it here:

They are also great for info on making and using extracts.

For growing, you canā€™t go too wrong following your green thumb and doing some reading online. The key to growing your own as alluded by others here, is in sexing your plant (only the females have buds), flushing nutrients out at the end to remove excess fertilizers, harvesting at the right time, followed by a slow drying/curing process to make your product as clean as possible.

Personally, I love Girl Scout Cookies about the best of any strain. Itā€™s also the most motivational pot Iā€™ve ever smoked. It works amazingly well on my ADD/depression and at the same time eliminates my pain from diverticulitis and a messed up shoulder. I have a cracked molar as I canā€™t afford a dentist right now and most indica or hybrid strains help a LOT with that pain, but my motivation levels are not great, so GSC is great for me.

3 Likes

14 Natural Pain Relievers

1 Like

I hadnā€™t read this yet, until today. My heart goes out to you @FlowerPowerRita, doctors think they are always right, donā€™t consider the patients sometimes. Hope everything works out for the best. Big hug!

HppHrvst

2 Likes

Anybody have practical experience using CBD/Cannabis for treating arthritis symptoms/pain?
Does it really work?

If so,
What are the most effective methods?

I find with constant pain you want a strain that you enjoy that wonā€™t cause you to focus on the pain. For me that is mostly Indica. Sativa varieties will alleviate some of the pain but tend to cause me to think about what is bothering me all the time. CBD strains are great but make me sleepy so that isnā€™t good if i have to work. I have a few friends that swear by topicals but they havenā€™t been great for me. I hope this helps some.

1 Like

Oh thanks man. I didnā€™t even think of topical application.
Iā€™m gonna Youtube one right now and make/try it.

Edit: Or if anyone has a ration of (parts-RSO : parts-Coconut Oil) let me know.

1 Like

absolutely, I get relief from high-CBD cannabis and this is why Iā€™ve grown breeder packs of Resin Seedā€™s Cannatonic and Hurkle & Pennywise from TGA. I think it adds more anti-inflammatory effect and thatā€™s why it works on my arthritis. I prefer vaporizing dry herb but lately Iā€™ve benefited from alcohol-based tincture too.

3 Likes

Thanks @Muleskinner thatā€™s relieving info.
Iā€™ve actually got some Hurkle F-2ā€™s that you gave to me!! :angel: :bow:
ā€¦Iā€™m gonna go plant those now :+1:

1 Like

Yup!

I just harvested two strains from Nirvana fem seeds - Northern Lights and Critical CBD.

I made Green Dragon tincture, then reduced that to RSO, then diluted that with coconut oil and made caps. I dont smoke, or vape or do edibles.

So far, I am very pleased with the Critical CBD for pain relief without too much couch lock or sleepiness.

The Northern Lights does ok on pain, but makes me sleepy if I take a heavier dose. The two together are great for going to bed, but I much prefer the CBD during the day so I can keep doing stuff.

I have bad knees (one replaced and one needing replaced), and arthritis in shoulders, neck, back, etc etc, plus I make kidney stones several times a year. The CBD is the best strain Ive tried so far.

I would like to find one that has even less sleepy/psychoactive effects if possible though, so Im still lookingā€¦

1 Like

I have smoked several CBD strains and as far as i can tell CBD itself makes me tired and sleepy. I recommend 1:1 with coffee. Ha! Ha!

1:1 = 1 Coffee with 1 Joint

4 Likes