Papalag. All things Sinister seeds “Something Sinister This Way Comes “

I’m doin’ all I can to catch you… 67 on 4/20. :grimacing: :wink:

4 Likes

@Papalag Have you ever ran into this?

Transplanted on 2/19. The only thing I can figure is they were root bound when transplanted.

Gave 1 gal from the top and 1 gal in the rez. The front four, I filled rez to 3rd level when it went dry. Have not re-filled the back two. And they all still look the same.

Just wanted your opinion before I cut and run.

5 Likes

Bro WTF wow :open_mouth:
• did you root prune before transplanting?
• did you feed if so how strong ?
• I see a magnesium deficiency
• did you flush them before transplanting?
• also leaves at some places seen very dark ?

My mtf looks droopy buy bro they look very sad

Give me a minute to think

Edit:
At first I want to say under watering and feed me
But it may be a root problem

Have you checked the roots if so what do they look like ( color ,slimy or white)

Also look for insects broad mites
Look close use a scope

7 Likes

Paps got my 2x4 gorilla shorty with extension kit today!!! Woohoo!!! Tent village started… hmmmmm I wonder who made me think like that lol. :thinking:

6 Likes

The extra hight will come in handy lol damn ladies get big

Great good luck :+1:

1 Like

@Joker

Is only part of it I believe

2 Likes

Yup I agree with paps @Joker definitely Mg deficiency… I just went through it

2 Likes

I see lower leaves crispy and apparently damaged, also see upper leaves looking tired cansaooo|nullxnull, if that continues progressing upwards I guess it could be some transplant shock or/and root damage, just to bring a bit of discussion … frech|nullxnull

5 Likes

I didn’t think transplanting larger plants into the octopots was recommended . The roots are going to take time to reach the res maybe there thirsty ?

5 Likes

When I battled broad mites - and lost, had to toss everything - the leaves had a more pronounced “claw” to them. The plants looked stunted and any pistils began to shrivel and darken even though they were barely into flower.

Guessing from the size of the plants I’m thinking they were rootbound before transplant. I start plants in Solo cups but only give them a week or two before uppotting to the Octopot to avoid that. I kinda think they would have turned around by now having 2.5 weeks to acclimate…

Any differences in environment? Soil mix? Nutes? Humidity? Same lighting? Could the temp be getting too high or too low?

2 Likes

@Joker My uneducated guess is that they’re dry af. I’ve had plants look like that plenty of times when I got too lazy to water. Maybe try taking the pot off the octo thing and giving it a good feeding from the top to get the soil moist. The root zone could be dry.

Edit: dunno if you’re in pro mix but if you are it might take a bit because it becomes hydrophobic when it’s dry so I’d do it slowly to make sure it absorbs the liquid instead of just running straight through.

5 Likes

My first thought :thought_balloon: was exactly that underwater

Great idea top feed at low ppm can’t hurt
Maybe not enough the first time but the water should have wicked up by now

@HorseBadorites
Root bound is a very good possibility !
I was wondering if they got root pruned before transplanting this would’ve helped

Normally younger plants are better suited
But I all my plants in my tent where transplanted at 6 weeks old but these do look older

4 Likes

Oh yeah! I got really sick. Lost the whole month of Jan. basically. So I was just happy to keep things alive. These were extremely rootbound when transplanted. And no I did not root prune. Now I wish I had!!

2 Likes

Top feed now def

1 Like

Ready to just cut them down and be done with them. But before so do, I think I will give them a top feed and see how they respond.

Mature rootbound plants do not respond to the Octo’s!! Lol

4 Likes

Bro I was wondering where the hell you been glad your ok plants can be saved or replaced

4 Likes

Yeah. I’m all good now. Shit was pretty rough. Started feeling better and it hit again.

4 Likes

Just water the piss slowly to them they’ll bounce back to a except-able shape by tomorrow I bet . You’ll probably have to top feed till they start drinking on there own .

5 Likes

Top fed 1gal each to the back 2. 1/2 gal to the front 2. Will check tomorrow to see how they respond.

Would love to save them. Front 4 are Orange Gogi F1 clones.

9 Likes

Fingers crossed for you man!!!

2 Likes