Paps runs BOG , Lefthanded seeds, Orange Goji ,Oregon Huckleberry, and useful seeds Octopot style

Small tent
Blackened oranges in the Octopot a bog bogglegum in a 2 gallon bag just for shitz and giggles
Did some more training

21 Likes

Nice :slight_smile: I just stopped at my most favorite evil corporate overlord

Griffins Greenhouse and pick up 800 of those 2.5 inch cell packs

getting ready for outside in '21 as they say go big or stay home

looking good

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

4 Likes

Thanks bro I am going to try the ABC out side this year at my fishing hole so to speak
I unfortunately live in the city
Lol

3 Likes

I hear you there growing up in Soundview in the South Bronx

back in the late 1980’s I would drive a big circle around the Adirondacks

looking for land marks finding them than drop off 6 or 8 plants

put out hundreds

come back in the fall and pick what you get

all the best at your fishing hole

Dequilo

7 Likes

Welcome to the Oct- Dome
Transplanted the 3 clones into the Octopots
They were not use to not being under the dome so I’ll give them a few days to acclimate themselves to their new homes
Final line up right front orange goji
Left front Oregon Huckleberry
Left back bogglegum
Right side back Panama haze x leb Panama phenotype

As for the bogglegum which is far ahead I plan on doing a 16 cola mainline with her were the other ladies will go 8 only giving the others some time to catch up hopefully :pray: we shell see

I’ve done a modified version of this technique but this time I’m going to follow the book on this one so to speak

All comment and suggestions are more then welcome

Peace
Paps

24 Likes

Nice grow log! Love seeing others grow my strains so thanks. Bog😎

18 Likes

Did a little cleanup on the blackened oranges today
I figure It’s time to let her just grow vertical a bit and prune maybe one or 2 more nodes

Made some hash not much but I just love this stuff

17 Likes

Pic. Up date

23 Likes

Hi all just some notes
Yes you can without issues transplanted plant a young plant in to the Octopots once sexed just prune the roots when up potting saves at least 3 weeks instead of from clones
Plants established themselves quickly Also can begin training a lot sooner
And show no deficiencies during there transition !
In the big tent
Pic is BOG bogglegum
Mainline style ( I broke a main off I was a little too ruff :disappointed:) going for 14 mains on this one

Oregon Huckleberry Roots just hit the res took 14 days . she has some deficiency issues I added cal mag and Epson salts to the res the color is coming back and new growth looks good she’s going to be topped once she establishes herself very tight node spacing

Panama haze x Lebanese Panama phenotype
Roots hit the res in 12 days topped at the 4 node , she has large spacing between nodes also added cal mag and Epson salts to the res

Orange goji roots hit the res fast with this lady (10 days ) and was bushy before topping
Long uneven spacing between node very healthy and growing quickly

16 Likes

Now for the little tent
Useful seeds blackened oranges - she is beastly
I feel she should get a bit bigger before I flip her ( maybe 1 more week )
All you mainline guys should I trim off 1 more set of branches ? Or let her go ?

Under her skirt

Bog bogglegum in a 2 gallon bag

22 Likes

Hmm, for how bushy she is, I likely would trim off one more set of branches on each main. I don’t mind the one’s that want to grow into the center so much, but definitely the side and back branches should be chopped.

Meant to say, things are looking fantastic in there!

I’ve been really tempted to pull the trigger on a couple octo’s the last week or two, but unsure of what soil to use and nutes. I have megacrop v2 1-part, megacrop v3 2-part house and garden aqua flakes, and maxigro/maxibloom, Happy Frog, Ocean Forest, or supersoil. I’ve seen you guys use HP Promix, but I can only find the BX locally, would I just add perlite and call it a day? They’re also a bit pricy… been debating tryin to hack up some fabric pots and like a tupperware or rubbermaid to diy one but for the ~$50 they cost, should just bite the bullet…

5 Likes

Hi HA thanks for the advice I will do exactly as you said :+1:
As far as the Octopots are concerned I do feel they are worth the money and I did wait for a sale they where 53$ a piece so I jumped on it
I’ve used happy frog in the Octopots and it works well
For what I like the best is the pro mix ( hp has a good deal of perlite in it ) as long as there’s a 25 % perlite to soil ratio your set
I like that it has no nutritional value so I can control what she gets at all times and no guessing what’s in the soil yet
As far as a dyi I saw one that they used 2 - 5 gallons buckets one inside the other and a net pot fitted into the I top one seemed interesting
Peace
Paps

9 Likes

Have you smoked the bogglegum before? I have some seeds in the mail as we speak!

3 Likes

No its the first time Ive run her I can’t wait I have 2 phenotypes I’ll keep you posted
Paps

4 Likes

That was my next question lol if you knew how many phenos there are. I saw one post on another forum from Mrs bog saying sour strawberry has 4

5 Likes

I bought my Octopots by the 6-pack for the price break ($42 each, regularly $50), plus it fit with my state’s plant count cultivation limits (6 clones/seedlings, 6 in veg, 6 in flower).

I use an inexpensive “All Purpose” ProMix from Menard’s in my Octopots which contains no nutes - just myco. I add perlite, some EWC, and a handful of lime. I’m using Jack’s 10-30-20 in early flower and 5-12-26 for late. I’ll switch to using their 20-20-20 for veg once I run out of the liquid Urban Farm’s Vegetable Fertilizer I’ve been using. No complaints with performance, but if I have to have it shipped I’d rather pay for dry product than a gallon of liquid.

12 Likes

The 2 males looked the same( i culled them 1st run not sure how much I’ll like them )
They looked just like the one in the Octopots
The one in the 2 gallon bag is a bit different Bog stopped by and said it leaned more to the indy side

Paps

5 Likes

Ok @HolyAngel look see what I did
Lol

I figured let her veg maybe a week they flip she should double in size so let’s see how this turns out

18 Likes

Yeah! That’s gonna be about perfect :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Great thread and very relevant for me since I bought an autopot that I plan to use for the first time very soon. Both systems seem to have many similarities - SIP-based, smart pots, etc.

I see that you transplant to final octopot at a very young age and make them search for water. I am interested in root pruning that you describe. Can you share more info and what benefits you observe when doing it?

Also, have you ever found the built-in reservoir to get mucky when a grow is done? I’ve never used reservoir systems and don’t know what to expect from my autopot, or if I should include rez-cleaner products, stirring pumps, aeration system, etc.

And finally my 2 cents on mainlining - I like to remove all side-branching right up to just before the flip. That way you get the signature donkey-dick colas (8, 16, however many you went for) with very little larf. Otherwise the plant ends up looking as a regular topped/LSTed bush. Here’s on of mine from years ago, as you can see it could be pruned even more:

22 Likes