Part 3 - Trying to get it right

Mixing up new nutrients, I’ll drop them down close to 100-150 range and wait for those first true leaves before increasing.

Autoflowers are getting close to the edge, maybe a few more days till I hook them up.

6 Likes

So seeing i’m starting with RO water, if I was to use tap water which comes in at 170ppm, that would be the starting strength of my feed?

I just mixed a new batch at 130ppm, and will feed them with the top gets a bit drier. I know they’ll bounce back.

3 Likes

I always presumed it was that way after reading that intrigant warning, it makes sense as many tap waters have a lot of minerals on it

I was going to give you that advice, maybe you already have some salts buildup … :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve been hand watering for the past month on all my plants and some are doing well, some not so great. Guess it’s due to me having 40+ plants to deal with, and hoping once I find some females out of my plants I will have less to worry about down the road.

I’ve 100% found issues when my pots get to dry, sometimes due to me not checking the lines to see if they are clogged which is a bitch. Though with all this time at home, this won’t be an issue moving forward.

I’ve never flushed with just water, but I will flush as suggested when the times comes with the autopots.

Next update I will post all my other plants in veg.

6 Likes

So everything is going better, I’ve since dropped the feed down to 140ppm and the seedlings are recovering.

Also picked up some clones! 3 in the Pink from Exotic Genetics, and just feed them 700ppm as I was told to feed them that, and move upto a high of 1100ppm in full bloom. I’m keeping one as a mother, in total was given 5.

8 Likes

Seedlings are doing well! I’m pretty excited to see them grow some more. This weekend I will showcase a dozen other plants in my veg tent. I’m going to bust out the microscope and see if I can detect which are male or female.

One of a few plants in flower. I’m noticing some leaf curling on most of them. My tent is around 24degree’s and the lights are about 12" above. I know a few I’ve overfeed a bit, but this one is doing pretty good. I’d be happy if all my plants get to this, and hoping to do just that.

Been awhile since I showed my plants that have been hooked upto the autopots. Running 4 different strains, so trying to keep them happy at the same time.

10 Likes

Nice progress on my babies. I’m around 170ppm right now, and will start to increase slowly, and by end of the week I will move them to 4" peat pots.

Herijuana : 2 growing
200ppm Calmag and 430ppm Megacrop. She does have some yellowing tips so I had backed off on nutrients a tad awhile ago.

Female!
20200518_135921

I just moved her to a slightly larger pot, which I will keep her there till she grows a bit more, and plan on taking more first cuttings this weekend. I will take more than I need, and will keep 1 of each clone to keep as mothers until I flower these 2 out.

I also have 12 other plants that need to grow a bit more, can’t tell if they are male or female yet.

Looking forward to trying to clone, this will be a first.

Leaf cupping!
Need some advice here, cause I don’t see how this could be a heat issue. Any thoughts? I did raise the lights a tad today to 24" but here are the stats as of yesterday :

320watt solstrips
Lights are 18" from tops
50% Humidity
850ppm
Temperature
Day 25c/78f
Night - 21c70f

10 Likes

Looking very good in there.

Wonder if temps went over 25 on some days as the weather gets warmer ? Seeing a lot of variation in ambient temps in the room here as the season changes.

How are the Solstrips laid out ? My old DIY strip light has a really bright spot right under the center, needs a lot of headroom. When it’s too close the leaves nearest to the light get what looks like progressively worsening mag deficiency, until the light is raised. Some strains also tacoed, not sure if it was from heat or light though.

3 Likes

I think that’s a possibility, I now have it controlled down to 24degree’s and raised the lights so hoping that addresses it. The strips are evenly spaced and no real hot spots, I will bust out the lux meter and double check, though the last time I checked it was good.

I’ve finally caved in and decided to start building out my grow room that I can better control everything. I’ve got a 7’x13’ area to house 2 5x5 tents and I will be able to heat/cool that area separate from my house.

At what time is the ideal time to lower the lights? I’ve seen some people lower then inches above, but all goes to hell when I try.

2 Likes

well first question what version megacrop, also is your 850ppm including the calmag you’ve been feeding to the others, and what does your base water start at ?

Also have you been checking pH of your mixed feed water ?

Like lights will play into it but looks more like some other issues are going on, also whats your runoff measuring at ?

I mean your pretty far in for correction but will help you get situated for the upcoming plants

4 Likes

I believe I’m on v3 now, got it about a month or 2 ago.
200mg of calmag, the rest is Megacrop
RO Water - 0ppm

PH is checked each watering I always keep it between 5.8-6.3. Last feed was 6.1ph

I will do a runoff check today after feeding, in 3hrs.

1 Like

yeah id just check run off and see what the levels are up to im gonna guess probably high but who knows.

Also have you tried running without or with less Calmag and just running a bit higher feed megacrop wise as it has cal and mag in it already, maybe just my own situation but always found i didn’t need any addition like others if running at decent feed levels “1.4ec” and or more favorable pH ranges such as 6.1-6.3 and lower as once i got past there uptake issues would pop up.

But maybe its just a mind shift compared to others, as a lot of people due to regurgitated info out there start with calmag then add nutrients as the second item, and some nutrient lines you have to do that as they are built that way, but if the nutrients have cal and mag already in them finding that base level that works on straight nutrients then adjust slightly from there with additions if actually needed is probably a better tactic but each to their own.

2 Likes

Dead on…it was at 1200ppm on runoff. I’m watering it once a day till I get 20% run off, so clearly this isn’t enough?

I’ve run that with 1 plant, just megacrop throughout the grow and she did well (outside of me giving a bit too much at one point). So I’ll give that a go with this feed, and if any signs I can adjust PH higher to address any issues…i hope.

4 Likes

Or your feeding a bit too heavy for the plants needs and you may just need to mix in a water only watering every 3rd watering or so, depends on how you run.

4 Likes

So I ended up giving all my plants to a friend who will sort out male/female, which is letting me focus on just a few strains now.

Herijuana :
Feed - 610ppm ph 5.7-6.0 I’m slowly adjusting ph on feeds, and seems to be doing well. These 2 will be grown outdoors, and I will be making some clones of her.

How does she look?

3 in the Pink
Some clones I picked up from a friend, he said he was feeding them at 700ppm, but I noticed some burnt tips at that feed and dropped down to 600ppm.

I’ve just increased feed to 650ppm to darken her up a bit more. Is this the start of a mag deficiency? She has yet to get that nice colour of my herijuana strain, so once I figure out her feed I’m going to top her.

8 Likes

They look very healthy, what are you I jecting them with :thinking:

4 Likes

I mix a 3.5-4gal bucket with 2.5g epsom and the remaining is just megacrop. I’m trying to avoid giving extra calmag as I usually do as per @Mr.Sparkle suggestion and couldn’t be happier right now.

The 3 in the pink i just did a foiler spray with Epson salts, trying to find the perfect feed like I’ve done with herijuna.

4 Likes

Interesting never thought of foliage feeding Epsom. I think I would remove the needles as I am clumsy, probably inject myself lol.

4 Likes

Took me awhile to catch on there with about the reference to injections lol. I use those for ph up/down

2 Likes

Crappy auto correct doesn’t make it easy :laughing:

1 Like