Parttime's perpetual party time

It’s deceptive because it’s actually one of those non-canning Ball jars that’re made for decoration or drinking from, and the coloring on the outside is peeling off. The liquid is just FFJ I’d made from a melon that sat too long and went squishy.

It had a fizzy scum layer on top, and I gave it a light stir to measure out a bit to use, and it started fizzing up a couple of seconds later and overflowed!

2 Likes

wtf am i reading

Fizzy Fertilizer Juice?

3 Likes

Hi @Rogue ,I followed your advice and put some clover on my current grow.Will they help fixing Nitrogen with organic feeding?

My actual thread:4th Grow in a Row! - #8 by Andrexl

4 Likes

The way I understand it is that they take nitrogen from the air and then some kind of bacteria gathers it from the roots and creates nodules, reserves, kinda like truffels.

Once it flowers they say to chop & drop and let it decompose.
Then the maximum amount of N becomes available for your cannabis.

However, we don’t wanna keep buying cover crop seeds so I would leave some of it alive to go to seed.

3 Likes

Oh well,I have plenty seeds,I bought some from Amazon and they sprout as you can see very nice.Anyway I Will leave Them there and be as Natural as possible.Thank you Always :heart:

2 Likes

Hahaha whoopsie daisies. I didn’t wanna seem like I was talking down to you if you already knew about it. It’s basically just melon and brown sugar in a 50/50 ratio, left to ferment and then strained! It’s a Korean natural farming input for in flower, and I just made it for the first time recently. I have a comfrey fermented plant juice that I made a while back and have been trying to use for my vegging plants. I’ll edit with some links once i get to my laptop again! :cowboy_hat_face:

Edit here: fermented fruit juice recipe
Seems overall that the plan is more for tricking the plants into specific hormonal production like I said in a lower down post. I kind of breezed this, but I was having a somewhat difficult time tracking down something on the subject that was relatively concise. I think that the main focus of korean natural farming is “fuck it, what have we got kicking around?”

5 Likes

I also really like the purple flowers on my alfalfa! I continue to lament misplacing my seeds and I really should just order some more….

3 Likes

Haha, I’m learning as I go, just winging it like everyone else, sharing what little knowledge I have gathered so far. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Please,forgive me if I post again here,but you are a complete book of knowdoledge when talking Natural farming or keeping things organic side.I shall Say Thank you once more,I am Reading a lot from your posts. @Rogue

1 Like

What exactly are you feeding?

Feel free to link to your growthread if you have one, I don’t wanna derail parttime’s thread.

I haven’t researched KNF yet but seen it mentioned more and more.
Just seems like extra work :smiley:

And sugar in soil… that’s quite refined and I wouldn’t call it an organic input.
It’s a shitload of concentrated energy you’re adding, stimulating only one or very few types of bacteria. Gotta keep all of them happy.

What happens when humans eat a lot of sugar?
You get a peak of energy and then a valley.

Also, no sugar to be found on the Afghan fields I think.

2 Likes

That’s a fair point! The KNF aspect is very new to me in general, it’s just kind of neato tinkering and busywork to me for the most part. I feel like the dilution being what it is, I’m thinking it’s not really harming anything, and in addition to feeding the microbial life, the hope is to provide the plants with specific hormones to aid them in specific stages of growth. Could very well be bro science! Some of the inputs seem like a pretty good idea though, ie water-soluble calcium(spoiler, it’s just eggshells dissolved in vinegar)

I’ve always kind of wanted to mess around with compost teas and whatnot also, but I’m also just not 100% convinced that’s more effective than just throwing some fruit/veg scraps in my soil sometimes for the worms to distribute accordingly. I’ve always felt like it’s the best move for actual effective feeding to just put stuff in the soil, and not so much in the water.

1 Like

Vinegar is something I’d definitely not pour in my pot, it’s basically very simple but effective herbicide. Sure, there may be a lot of water mixed in too, but if you do it over and over… Just weird. But we like weird, don’t we. :crazy_face:

All science is bro science. Every scientist projects their own perspective.
The observed is always influenced by the observer.
Every single subatomic particle is conscious.
There can never be a total disconnect.
True objectivity doesn’t exist.

Everything is colored by our past, beliefs, emotions, expectations, desires, needs… it all influences our perception of what we observe. The more you can let go of all that, the more different perspectives you become aware of, and the easier it all becomes.
It’s an infinite journey of discovery.

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 03.30.27

2 Likes

Half the time the fresh stuff you throw in there is 80-90% water anyway.
Just neatly packaged in fiber.

1 Like

He hates the fans and noise in my garden room but he wants to hang out so bad.

These plants are still cruisin’.

9 Likes

I’d say you got it going on there!

2 Likes

Alfalfa you can cut level with the soil, so long as there are roots it will grow back.

With clover I would cut about 25% down at a time, now and again, as some usually dies off naturally from lack of light as the cannabis gets bigger. Clover stores N as nodules on the roots as Rogue said, but they get released when plant dies off, so it’s better to have a gradual release, rather than chop it all in one go.

5 Likes

This is true, but what’s being stored is ammonia and that’s hard to contain. As a consequence, those root nodules leak and provide some nitrogen even as a cover crop.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I just smoked a joint of some bud that wasn’t really even cured and still tasted like licorice the whole time. I don’t go crazy about my birthday, but I try to make it a point to smoke a doob.

I’m really looking forward to once this has a longer cure. I set aside part of the harvest in a drawer so I can find it again down the road once it’s mellowed, so I can sniff the jar real hard. It’s the greatest gift from past me when I find a small jar somewhere.

But related to nitrogen fixing plants: I’m hoping i can get these peanuts to do more than sprout tails. It’s really kind of an experiment overall, but also peanut flowers are pretty. Trying to grow stuff from the grocery store is a silly adventure.

3 Likes

Yes, there’s definitely benefit even if it doesn’t get chopped!

May you last for centuries upon this planet, in perfect health and continuous joy!

3 Likes

Trust level 2, babyyyyyy.

8 Likes