Parttime's perpetual party time

Whats happening in here? Did you legit stack a tent on top of a tent or is that an extension for your existing tent?

1 Like

Oh yeah man I just put a small tent on top of my veg tent

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s the smartest thing I’ve ever seen. The roof of the bottom tent is pulled taut enough to support what ever weight you have on the top tent? That’s awesome.

1 Like

Hahaha thanks! And nah, it would have been a little too wild of a surface, so I put a board in between them so everything would be pretty level. The top tent is a 2x2x4 tent that I just laid on its side because I couldn’t find anything that was 2x4x2, so there’s a vent port on the floor of it that’s making it a bit lumpy in there, and the board isn’t the full size of the surface, so around the edges is slanted. I’m pretty pleased because I’m not a very creative problem solver most of the time, and this feels really clever to me. The whole setup is great. I do need to get a step ladder for in there though. I brought a stool in, but standing on it felt pretty unsafe, so everytime I go in there I’ll be distracted because I’ll be nervous and waiting to million dollar baby myself on a shelf or something.

1 Like

IMG_4572
Makin’ babies. Enjoying how this DTHF looks all loaded with seeds.

Got some new trimmers! Spent time trimming over the weekend with the spring-loaded fiskars and decided to get some new ones.

3 Likes

Clever on the sideways tent stack, love that. Also, mate, you will enjoy those Japanese scissors. Top notch quality

2 Likes

Thanks! And I’ve seen them around and ended up asking my friend what he uses. They feel really nice, I’m looking forward to trying them out in a few weeks!

1 Like

I transplanted a bunch of seedlings into small pots and basically filled up my small plant tent today, and moved small plants into 1gal pots and filled up my veg tent, and I’m a little spooked at how I was planning on starting more seeds next week, but I’m realizing now how obscenely aggressively I was planning on growing this year. I think I’ll still be getting pretty wild, but no need to overwhelm myself just because I’m impatient to see what all my seeds will look like all grown up.

2 Likes

Went out for brunch recently at some hip restaurant that served my pancakes with a branch of rosemary, and I took it home and got it to root :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I really feel ya here, man. Ive got space for another tent which justifies the pack of Mac & Cheese I just popped. But what do I do in two more weeks when I want to germinate YET another pack ahead of schedule?? Hmmm, if I clear out that other closet…

2 Likes

Haha.
When you got a plant and it’s doin great
You cut off a piece and you propagate
You make another plant
A baby brother plant!

Sang to the tune of don’t worry be happy.

2 Likes

It’s funny that the rosemary had such a good time rooting when I was just doing it as a goof, but the actual pot plants I was trying to root had shitty rates.

Also after making sure to mention it to people for a few years now, I finally got someone to bring me back fish guts from a fishing trip. You wouldn’t think it’d be so difficult, but shit happens. I only know so many people, it took a while for one of them to go on an outing and whatnot. I would have preferred bones and all, but this is still gonna be really great. I wouldn’t have had room for more anyway!

Bonus tiny shrimp.

Settled into its dark shelf for the next 6 months to become fish amino acids. Should be ready just in time for Christmas! I’ve heard it makes a tasty fish sauce! :wink:

5 Likes

Gross! I can’t wait! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh man putting it all together was definitely not for me but I’m so stoked about it that I was still smiling about it!

1 Like

I don’t know why I expected it to be more tame, but oh man this morning I thought one of my cats had diarrhea because the fish guts have a sickly sweet goat shit sort of smell, then I actually went into the room where I put the jar and thought I was gonna pass away from it.

3 Likes

whole ass one thing ron jeremy

2 Likes

This thing’s a grow journal, right? I don’t normally let myself ramble super super hard and do a real deal update on here, but I figure it’s probably time since it’s been a while. I understand if nobody reads this haha but I figure it’s a decent little garden update about the different plants and techniques and whatnot that I have going right now, and my current goals and plans. :relaxed: For the most part, the pictures speak for themselves I guess, but if you wanna know the details, it’s pretty much loosely in order of the different stages of life, so you can skip around. I feel like I should include a recipe at the end of this blog post.

It seems like I basically only got one clone that rooted out of the entire previous batch of clones that I took, but I put them all in the seedling tray anyway. I figure they’ll wilt and die if they’re truly uninterested in sticking around, but there’s always the chance that they’ll decide to root. Yesterday I took another round of clones in order to prune back those same plants because they were getting too tall. My Difrutti plant is gonna be the shape that I want in another one or two rounds of pruning. I’d like to get roots confirmed on some of the clones so I can put them in flower to make some room, so I can transplant my Chem 91 s1s into 1gal pots and put them in with the other small plants in the ground level veg tent.

My seedlings are doing fine. The Paonia Purple Paralyzer seedlings are growing funny, and I can’t tell if there’s a good number of mutants in there or if I pissed 'em off a little bit real early on. I’m leaning toward mutants, but I haven’t really noticed other people saying that was something that they ran into. The Sour Diesel bx3 f2 seedlings are doing well, and I’m really quite stoked to be growing Sour Diesel genetics, I’m glad to have gotten to score one of these packs of seeds from the OG box. Really both of these, I’m interested as hell in seeing what they grow up to look like. Got a couple Vietnam Black seedlings starting as well, hopefully I don’t accidentally kill them, because I only had a few seeds left so they’re my only chance at growing it right now! They were a bit behind the other stuff because I was overpowered by the urge to start something that would disrupt the timing of everything in my garden because I can’t have nice things. I figure it’s probably not that likely to mess anything up to have a couple of long flowering plants in the mix, but when it comes time to be growing full packs of long flowering stuff, I think it’s gonna get pretty crowded if I try to maintain the schedule.

My small plants are continuing to grow. A couple of my plants are experiencing some heat stress, but they’ll be fine. I had accidentally pissed off all of the Rare Darkness plants when they were tiny, so they’re really not quite keeping up with the Indiana Bubblegum plants. I doubt it, but I’m also slightly wondering if this is also an instance of getting to witness purple plants being slow veggers. I’ve heard of it but never noticed it before on account of I’m really not that observant with plants, and they’re usually struggling against some type of hardship in my custody and end up growing like shit anyway.

I found some cheap square 1gal pots that I think I’m gonna get, and it’d let me fit more plants in my veg tent and that’d help with keeping mothers, or in times like right now, when I’m being indecisive on what I want to keep around, so I have 7 plants in there that aren’t even from this round. It’s been a fun little adventure switching my garden around and figuring things out. I think in another 6-9 weeks I’ll have worked out pretty much all of the kinks and have my process pretty well figured. Really digging it so far though, this is a really good setup for my current goals. I’m just growing out stuff and making seeds to end up hunting through in the future.

From the looks of things currently, it seems like the maximum rate I’ll be able to comfortably start seeds at will be about 25-30 every 6 weeks, and at that rate I’ll probably be done growing a great deal of what I’m most excited to grow by early next year, and I’ll be able to switch to doing the projects I’m interested in. Like I know not everyone is into purple strains, but I think they’re so pretty, so I’m gonna end up doing some breeding with the Rare Darkness I’m growing. Could be really fun to mess with different structures and whatnot. Or like I know that people have already bred Australian Bastard Cannabis into decent smoking hybrids, but I think that’d be fun to try doing myself for shits and gigs.

Only a couple more weeks til I can chop down some plants in flower, but then it’ll look pretty empty in the flower tent. Whole bunch of seeds to stash away for when I wanna grow the DTHF again. I think it’s really cool, so I’m likely to break it out if I need stretch the features of anything. I’ve also got ABC x DTHF seeds going, and I hope that I get enough of those to do some decent hunting when I decide to grow those out.

A quick update about the jar of fish guts: It’s still just an absolute nightmare, but if I can be totally honest, it smells like the trash can at the seafood place I worked at in my early 20s, so it’s kind of equal parts nostalgic and disgusting. I’m not trying to impress anyone in my garden so I’m letting it go. I feel like I’m close to getting over the hump where it’ll mellow out, just gotta hang in there haha.

On a personal wellness note: I don’t know which one is having the biggest impact between going back to school, going to therapy, or starting to take an antidepressant, but for the past 6-8 months I’ve been feeling like the lights are back on in my head for the first time in over a decade. I can’t believe I just thought it would get better on its own, but after like 20+ years of just dealing shit, or rather, not at all dealing with anything, I decided to do like a shotgun approach at my problems. So I don’t really know what’s working but I think I’m gonna keep at it.

3 Likes

Hell yeah. Ramble on my man. I’m super glad to hear that your mental health is on the up and up. I would say that there is a good chance that in part every aspect of your change is helping you out.

2 Likes

Probably a little bit of each!

3 Likes

@Indicana_Jones @Tejas I suspect y’all may be right. Big change makes a big impact!

3 Likes