Passive air intake

will passive air n take from inside home work for stable air temperature/ winter/summer air for grow room?

2 Likes

Works for most but you should try to vent the space to outside your house if at all possible.

5 Likes

yes i will vent outside just wanted to know if inside home comfortable air temp will be good air with some co2 be good topassive intake to grow room?

4 Likes

Indoor air is usually more stable (not so prone to big temperature swings) and often drier (around here anyway) if your home runs hot though like ours does you might need to use air cooled lighting or better still decent led rigs :thumbsup:

4 Likes

yep, I use two grow tents with passive indoor ventilation. It’s only tricky in the summer with high temps or humidity late in flower - you will need to use A/C. Or use box fans in the windows blowing in and out.

I don’t see how you can use CO2 this way, there won’t be any way to seal the environment, it’s not worth it right?

5 Likes

If he has a grow tent with separate intake and exhaust blowers he can inject co2 into the tent. As long as it vents to the outside world.

2 Likes

natural co2 from people living in house.

4 Likes

whaddup dawg.

my low-budget indoor set-up is just a 2x3 frame (4’x8’x7’H) with a plywood floor, panda(black&white) film “walls”, reflective “bubble-wrap”(duct insul.) “roof”, 4’ outlet/surge strip w/8 LED bulbs.
it takes up 1/2 my bedroom & blocks off the closet. :slight_smile:
when i added a gallon jug of yeast/sugar/water i DID notice a slight improvement, so a bit helps, but it’s in my damn bedroom, so i’m not gonna gas myself while i sleep. :wink:

:evergreen_tree: <-- devoted

3 Likes

I would want to be cooling the room with a/c rather than venting, before adding CO2 in the summer.

2 Likes

Passive is cool if you’re using LED but i wouldn’t wanna chance it with hps. Run your room and monitor it empty and see how stable it is mate. Trial and error. Mainly error but you will get there. No one knows what climate you live in so it varies grow to grow. Set up a Sonoff 4ch pro and th16 to humidifier and heater and fans etc. If you need any guidance pm me I’ll help you set up to automate to the best extent I can

3 Likes