Paws and effect šŸŖ“šŸŒ±

Oh for sure. Iā€™m a serious penny pincher myself and will likely do the same if I ever feel so inclined.
Funny thing is, I got dairy farms everywhere here. I can get cheese super cheap from any of the local factories thrift shops. Sure, sell me your weirdly shaped block of smoked sharp at less that half the retail price. Lol, it all tastes the same to me! We shred a lot for meals anyway.
You ever smoked a turkey ?

1 Like

Buds looking great! The bread and cheese look very tasty also

1 Like

Nope not a turkey yet. Soon though. Weā€™re going to raise a few every year starting soon. We have deep fried them in the garage many times. We have the farms here too but everything is so damn expensive. Iā€™ve turned to making my own bread. Smoking meat. And bartering for other meat and produce. Also having a big veggie garden helps every year. Also got a bear this year so thatā€™s 80 lbs of meat. No luck on deer or elkā€¦havenā€™t been fishing for the last yearā€¦stuff is just way to pricey now. I donā€™t know how Iā€™d live if I couldnā€™t sidecut some of these crazy price hikes that have been happening for the last 3 or so years.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! The bud isnā€™t even cured and my wife tells me it smells like bud from the dispo. Itā€™s some awesome chronic.
The cheese should be good. Thanks. The bread has consistently been good. Iā€™m loving all of the cooking Iā€™ve been doing. Itā€™s a ton of fun. And has cut bills. Main thing there.
New avatar? Nice

3 Likes

Definitely been a longtime fan of the deep fried turkey. But that smoked bird is something else completely.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve got me intrigued. Iā€™m going to have to do it now. I have a few in the deep freeze.

1 Like

New avatar. It takes me a minute to register still. @Gonzo found it for me

4 Likes

I like it. Itā€™s neat.

1 Like

Me too.
I had a thought about the drying time on your buds. The first time I ran cookies the density fooled me. It looked felt dry to me. It had so much moisture still in it I was shocked.

1 Like

Ya funny thing I havenā€™t posted but itā€™s completely dry.

2 Likes

Howā€™s it smoke?

1 Like

Lol, I never had the thought to test it yetā€¦should I :laughing: thought it might be way harsh. I usually wait for the cure to be done. Donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™m walking g towards the bag to smoke a nug now :rofl:

2 Likes

How do you dry/cure, and what are the climate conditions in ur neck of the woods?

1 Like

I just smoked a nug. And it was like smoking some already cured bud. No green taste nothing. It was hashy and dank af. Holy shit. This stuff is great for no cure, no grass taste. Nothing. Just dank. Wow. Thanks for saying something lol

7 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Weird how that happens with some plants. Iā€™ve had a couple surprise me.

I battle low RH here. The dry and cure has always been hit and miss for me. Just been getting different opinions and thoughts about others processes. Iā€™m really trying to pin down something that works well consistently.

1 Like

Low 30ā€™s is usually about what Iā€™m working with most of the year. Did you do the same thing then?

2 Likes

Yes, what I did was never leave it on the plant or hang the plant. As soon as harvest comes cut all buds off. Trim them. And put them on the rack. Then mix em up during the three days, donā€™t get me wrong thatā€™s short. But it works. Then I put them in turkey bags when dry. Twist them shut for a day, then everyday at the same time I burp them, or I like to think of it like a lung. Also I mix the buds around. Iā€™ve always used a cooler or a tote box to store them. I usually let them go for 2 months. But by one they are ready to smoke. It all depends on the selection of plant.

2 Likes

Apparently itā€™s ready to smoke now :rofl: thatā€™s great. A buddy of mine always saysā€¦. Thereā€™s more than one way to God

2 Likes

Apparently lol,ā€¦ still I canā€™t wait for the cure on these trees. Going to blow my ass out the water. I never pushed the fritter as far as this last time. I plan on pushing it to ten or longer next time. Also I still have two mac1 going hard in the tent. Just had some stuff come up I had to chop the fritter. Didnā€™t have the time for them. The mac1, well I really want to see how it is pushed to ten weeks.

4 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve had great success with the rack as well. Was gonna try that on some little flowers soon. Except I seem to have misplaced the drying rack somewhereā€¦
:thinking:

1 Like