Pedro's LED Garden 'The good and the bad'

I bought some electric fly squatters lol. It’s like the forth of july! :laughing:

6 Likes

How long did you keep the high CO2 up, @Pedro_Bann? 30 Minutes (if I got that right) might just not be long enough.

Good thinking. If you kill the plants, the insects will die (or at least fuck off) too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

(Whats with discourse attributing quotes to the wrong person and then creating a self-replying post after editing? That’s the second time I managed to do that somehow)

2 Likes

Yeh got it up to 50 percent ish over the course of half hour and then kept it sealed for another half hour.

I’m thinking next try I will do the same to get the ppm up then maintain a 5lpm input for 4 hours.

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, where does the CO2 go afterwards? I’d be a bit scared to kill myself handling that indoors.

1 Like

I vent into my ceiling space and I won’t play with the co2 while my family is home just to reduce risk.

4 Likes

Good try man. What a piss off. Time to double down and if that doesn’t work just burn :fire: them. Burn them all. :v:

2 Likes

I thought drowning them in co2 would work for sure.
Have you tried a nicotine spray (not sure if you’ve said)? We dump cigarettes in a bucket of water for a couple of days, pour it into a spray bottle and add a few drops off detergent. Make sure to hit the undersides of the leaves, and some overspray on the soil seems to work…sometimes. And you’ll want to give it all a good rinse off too if indoors

4 Likes

No I havn’t tried nicotine spray.

1 Like

Wet hot springtime is generally the only time they’re been a bother here. Little suckers. I’m looking to have some bacca leaf in about four months if you still need some then :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Yep i figured that might save me some gas too.
I just like things as easy as possible but that isn’t always the best option.

I have read people have had success in bags so that’s where I’m at.

Unloaded on the flyspray in the cabinet and the whole room to boot while the plants are in the bags.

9 Likes

Nice hopefully that will roast the bastards!

1 Like

Yep they are roasted. Not a flyer anywhere.
Dead little suckers everywhere.
:relieved:

13 Likes

Success!!! Nice job man. Persistence pays off. No more alien flys from hell. :v:

4 Likes

This might give you an idea of just how many there were.

Happy happy days.

13 Likes

Ah yeah now i see the reason for the gas attack

5 Likes

Well done, that’s awesome. Looks like there was no effect on the plants?

You just put them in garbage bags then pumped the bags full of CO2? I wonder how well this would work for mites and other pests.

3 Likes

Yep i just put trays of 6 into the bags squeezed most of the air out then filled them up and tied the top with the inbuilt closer bit thingies. Little zip ties would do great to close the bags too except I did refill a couple of the bags that went a bit limp over time.
At an estimation they would have been in around 70 to 90% co2.

All the plants were uneffected.

8 Likes

Right on! Love hearing about success stories when dealing with pests.

Those Sour Bub x Big Kush look nice and chunky. Got me curious how the Pac10 x Sakura are coming along.

Much love
Swampy

4 Likes

One of the phenos of Pac10 x Sakura was really good being super fast to finish dark purple and rather frosty but the results from the others that took weeks longer were a bit ordinary.

On the other hand both (one was tight and one was fluffier bud structure) phenos of the Hiro were grower and crowd favourites and I was thinking of seeing if you had any more of them.

5 Likes