Peter's Perfect - Reengineering 321 Formula to the Ultimate Coco Experience

5 gallon bucket of RO bubbling. Then I get a little warm tap water and mix 3 teaspoons Maxibloom 2 teaspoons diamond k solution grade gypsum. Usually ec is around 1200, then I ad 3.5ml of flora micro. And pH up to around 6.0

4 Likes

gypsum should help pick the terps up as well as improve the flower yield and quality. if done right.

3 Likes

I seriously use it start through flush. Only other things I ever use are epsom salts, cal nitrate, mag nitrate. Just because maxi has no N

3 Likes

After 5 days of adding gypsum my flowering plants stink level have went up a few levels, thanks guys !!

6 Likes
3 Likes

How many grams per gallon does 100ppm of MKP equate to? Thanks!

1 Like

Around .75 gram per gallon.

Breakdown for 1gram
Elements

3 Likes

Hey Man, I remember those charts from another forum. Youā€™ve gotta be the same guy hehe. So whats your current schedule with Jacks. I know youā€™ve played around with it quite a bit. Are you still running jacks and if so whatā€™s your recipe look like. Thanks

1 Like

This is my home, here at Overgrow. The no BS place to be.

Hope the charts are of some help.

Keeping it basic. Grow guys and gals here have been helping me up my game.
Check out my grow log to see what Iā€™m currenly punishing. Lol

3 Likes

@corgitron @avr1

Hey guys I am interested in this Gypsum in Coco coir that I am reading about.

Is it possible to use the standard gypsum from a feed / garden store here, or do I need to source something different?

I have plants that are going to be done in a week, guessing this is too late to start applying for some benefit?

How much are you guys applying? Maybe missed this above

Cheers

1 Like

I handfeed. I use 2 teaspoons to 5 gallons of Ro. Comes to about 350tds. Then I also flush once a week with RO and about 500tds. Flush is 500tds.

1 Like

Here is what I use and according to my research is the best option Diamond K Gypsum For Sale - Premium 97 Solution Grade Diamond K Gypsum - BuildASoil

I use 1/2 tsp a gallon and use 3/8 drill with stir add on. Mix let it set a few minutes and stir again and my solution is not cloudy

4 Likes

I use diamond k but I make a solution with a little warm water

2 Likes

@corgitron

How late into flowering are you using it?

I have taken to adding a gram per gallon of water. Seems to raise the EC by a ~100 Dissolves fine but I am hand watering coco in 2 gallon bags not streaming thru a tiny nozzle.

2 Likes

I use it from seedling till chop.

1 Like

I read the thread but canā€™t make a conclusion yet. If starting from scratch should I go for the jacks or MB? I currently use GH 3-part in Coco but Iā€™d like to move away from liquid nutrients and simplify as much as I can.

Well it is a Jacks thread so most will say Jacks, including me. Jacks has been around forever

In my opinion MB is good and it includes a bunch of adjuncts that you may end up adding for other solutions. Itā€™s a one size fits all type of product that is a bit less work.

Jackā€™s has a better overall solution if you plan on tweaking, changing nutrient ratios, want more control.

Iā€™ve done both and am now primarily using Jackā€™s for indoor/greenhouse stuff +adjuncts (beneficials, humic acid, sugars, aminos) but continue to use MB for the outdoor stuff ā€¦ mostly because it easier to mix up bulk amounts for the larger outdoor effort (soil with greater leaway) vs having better control for the smaller indoor crops running in a peat mix.

FWIW, there are MANY different options from Jackā€™s with the 3-2-1 program being a popular plan but also many other ways via Jackā€™s to get similar results but with differing ā€˜pivotā€™ nutrients depending on the objectives.

edit: I think Iā€™m confusing MB with MC. Acronyms. Anywaysā€¦

I think maxibloom is about as simple as it gets. If I were you @Xray1 Iā€™d go research Lucas or kiss methods.